Mowbray Budget/Transfer Thinking (1 Viewer)

ccfclinney

Im not sure if this has been mentioned before but just thinking about a few things and numbers and mowbray not rushing to sign players etc..

I think im right saying that mowbray and venus are in full control of the budget and dictate where the money is spent and if wanted to spend a fee etc .. budgets usually start july 1st every year so lets say as a random number mowbray budget is 60k a week (roughly)
So mowbray wants another 5/6 players to join each of these i would imagine being on around 2k a week ? working out 10-12k a week... yes this doesn't sound much but its also now the middle of august so hes had this budget 60k for the last month and a half but only been spending 48-50k a week.. 6 weeks later its an extra 60k in the bank that hasn't been set as per his budget.
Yes not a lot of money if you're man city, but for a club like this where "every pound matters" surely this is actually a big help giving him the funds to afford another player for a season. Or giving him 60k to spend on a player if a small fee is needed to secure someone...

Is this the reason TM has been so calm all pre season about signing players so he can actually get more out of his budget ?

Just a thought

pipkin73

I have thought this way for a long time.
So if TM identifies a player and we are 60 grand short of budget approx then instead of saying we want SISU out could the fans then put their money together.
At the moment it seems like loads of fans saying i wont come because of SISU etc etc, lets call bull and give them money ringfenced for transfers and see what happens. If the transfters don't happen then we know we are screwed. Then fair play to all and lets fuck them over with no more money,
club dies and we rise again as a new club with it's heart in the city.
It's only 6 pound per 10K fans. As a one off if they were told this would go straight to a new signing that would make a difference i bet loads would (like i said, if it was traceable and ringfenced so going nowhere near SISU. Would be hard to prove but i think we still have enough love and support (just).

So the big question is "if SISU say x amount available but if you give more it's rinfenced, would you give more?

MatthewWallis

So if TM identifies a player and we are 60 grand short of budget approx then instead of saying we want SISU out could the fans then put their money together.
At the moment it seems like loads of fans saying i wont come because of SISU etc etc, lets call bull and give them money ringfenced for transfers and see what happens. If the transfters don't happen then we know we are screwed. Then fair play to all and lets fuck them over with no more money,
It's only 6 pound per 10K fans. As a one off if they were told this would go straight to a new signing that would make a difference i bet loads would (like i said, if it was traceable and ringfenced so going nowhere near SISU. Would be hard to prove but i think we still have enough love and support (just).

So the big question is "if SISU say x amount available but if you give more it's rinfenced, would you give more?

Silly situation. We shouldn't ever have to be in a position like that

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wind up right!?

Bruce the Boot

You can just imagine it cant you . Hi fans Sisu here we need a new tea lady , We have found one at FC Typhoo , but we cant afford her . Could you all hand over yours shares , and comfy seats , plus we will need you to re mortgage your home ! Could you please send it all to Timmy Fisher . Oh by the way the fee will be undisclosed . Catch you all later as we will soon need a new Butler ...

Grendel

You can just imagine it cant you . Hi fans Sisu hear we need a new tea lady , We have found one at FC Typhoo , but we cant afford her . Could you all hand over yours shares , and comfy seats , plus we will need you to re mortgage your home ! Could you please send it all to Timmy Fisher . Oh by the way the fee will be undisclosed . Catch you all later as we will soon need a new Butler ...

Go yesterday did you?

Otis

You can just imagine it cant you . Hi fans Sisu here we need a new tea lady , We have found one at FC Typhoo , but we cant afford her . Could you all hand over yours shares , and comfy seats , plus we will need you to re mortgage your home ! Could you please send it all to Timmy Fisher . Oh by the way the fee will be undisclosed . Catch you all later as we will soon need a new Butler ...

Funny how you mentioned 'butler' and four minutes later Grendel appears. ;)

A little buzzer must have gone off in the pantry.

Grendel

Have you not realised they shout the loudest?

Also not going while sisu is in charge is an odd statement.

Is that on moral and ethical grounds? So even if the club achieved premier league status they wouldn't go?

I doubt it somehow - or do they never go anyway?

Grendel

skyblue1991

Also not going while sisu is in charge is an odd statement.

Is that on moral and ethical grounds? So even if the club achieved premier league status they wouldn't go?

I doubt it somehow - or do they never go anyway?
Or if we got a big team in the Leageu/FA Cup.
Or if we got to the area final of the JPT
Or if we go to the play-off semi finals.

'NOPM, unless...' is more of an accurate statement.

ccfclinney

Enough of the not on penny more sisu out rubbish.. Anyone agree with the actual article and think this could be mowbray getting more out of his budget ?

Grendel

Have you answered this yet ? Grendel ?

You have repeatedly sneered at lack of investment in the club. You are just a clown that belongs in the Hamlet of In Bred retards - it's known by most locals as the CET comments section.

ccfcway

Enough of the not on penny more sisu out rubbish.. Anyone agree with the actual article and think this could be mowbray getting more out of his budget ?

could well be to case. Or That he aimed for the stars with some prospects and didn't land them, so has now moved on.

Interesting thing on talk sport earlier...

Only Mourhino at Man Utd said yesterday "i am done in the transfer market" All other teams in prem said they will look to strengthen.

Bruce the Boot

You have repeatedly sneered at lack of investment in the club. You are just a clown that belongs in the Hamlet of In Bred retards - it's known by most locals as the CET comments section.

Morning .... Show me where ?

Hadji's_Goatee

Hmmm, not convinced. We will get around 200k after the Norwich game from the 45% gate receipts in the EFL, which will just go into the undisclosed SISU black hole bank account #Assetstrippingmotherfudgers

Users who are viewing this thread