Mowbray CCFC exclude the new stadium bit and its not a bad peice. (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Yes a decent piece and the guy talks with the verve and excitement you would expect but as you say...................that F~~~~king hedge fund is still putting out ridiculous soundbites out to everyone who will listen about a stadium that simply won't happen for all sorts of reasons but first and foremost, economics !! Twats !

italiahorse

The other bit missing is the lost generation.
Kids are few and far between for football at the Ricoh and are unfortunately flooding to the other tenants and fully kitted out.
The sight of a massive Wasp player at our junior school had the kids in awe, not to mention a female friend, a teachers assistant, drooling for a few days.

Kids need to be free on a walk up and more work needs to be done in schools.
Loan players and high turnover don't help as kids dare not risk names on shirts, yet alone relate to their Coventry City heroes.

Gosford Green

Ernie Hunt refereed a lads v dads match for our kids football team, in the second half he went on the kids side, we was in complete awe and I remember it like yesterday more than 40 years on.

torchomatic

Similar scenes at the JSB Xmas party. The players played with the kids - coincidently on the much publicised indoor pitches at the AHC. I know our players aren't world class, but the kids didn't care.

Ernie Hunt refereed a lads v dads match for our kids football team, in the second half he went on the kids side, we was in complete awe and I remember it like yesterday more than 40 years on.

skybluecity345

The telegraph article says the new ground within 8 miles of city centre. Do you think they have acquired some land 8 miles away? That is quite a specific thing to say.

Grendel

No need to excuse 'new stadium' piece because IT WILL HAPPEN!

Why because you type it in capitals?

Please stop this nonsense.

steveecov

Ernie was one of my main reasons for loving Sky Blues. He came to our youth club to present medals and trophies; was totally approachable and fun.

At least half a dozen of us went up on Saturday, where he seemed 2 foot taller on the pitch. W

as privileged to be there on Donkey kick day. Thank goodness MOTD was there. Ah, great days.

Users who are viewing this thread