Mowbray, Go or Stay? (2 Viewers)

Mowbray, Go or Stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Give him until the end of October. If he hasn't made an impact by then it ain't going to happen and it gives any new manager the time to settle in and fully access the situation ahead of the transfer window.

After that we start the same now familiar cycle. Short term success and long term abject failure under a new manager.

Nick

Administrator
Not really getting pulled up :D Convenient how it's an account for the "voice of the fans" :D
So what's debating got to do with what your original statement was?

Or are you referring to a few Muppets who hate the fact they couldn't get away with pushing their absolute shite on places like here, because people question them?

Hobo

He's not defending anyone, he's asking who's fault is it that we started the second half of a football match with a tiny 19 year old right midfielder in his first full season in the football league, on his first start back from injury, in centre midfield? There are a million and one things to blame SISU for that are their fault - no need to apportion blame to them for tactial ineptitude of the manager.
Management comes from the very top always has always will.. every link in the management chain has to be strong. They have to be joined up.

You either hold your nerve or fire the right people, then employ the right people. Seppala's record as head honcho is not good. She was very much involved in the ratification of the employment of Mowbrey and Venus and endorsing their budget. The budget last year was not correct; ultimately down to her. She has promoted Venus, a man very hands on with our recruitment policy.

Everything either needs more time, or, the whole chain is wrong. Seppala is the longest serving link at the club.

Nick

Administrator
Management comes from the very top always has always will.. every link in the management chain has to be strong. They have to be joined up.

You either hold your nerve or fire the right people, then employ the right people. Seppala's record as head honcho is not good. She was very much involved in the ratification of the employment of Mowbrey and Venus and endorsing their budget. The budget last year was not correct; ultimately down to her. She has promoted Venus, a man very hands on with our recruitment policy.

Everything either needs more time, or, the whole chain is wrong. Seppala is the longest serving link at the club.

Of course, blame can be apportioned to everybody in various different amounts.

However trying to make out it isn't the manager's fault when doing stupid shit like that is weird. The same as if somebody screwed up my order at McDonalds it being the head honchos fault.

Skyblueweeman

The team is underfunded so we have kids and has beens.
We got lucky last season but our luck has ran out.
Not Mowbrays fault. Managers not the problem here.

We've got a half decent squad...the only reason we're at the bottom is Mowbray FFS.

I rarely agree with G on anything but he's absolutely spot on with saying that SISU are a managers dream.

He needs to go and now. I'm 100% certain that he's not going to turn this around (we're nearly 20% through the season already...when do you say 'enough's enough') and I'm 100% certain that someone else coming in of suitable ilk, would get better of a squad that I believe is better than 24th place in L1.

I wasn't enamoured when TM joined, the first 3 months of last season made me look sillly for a bit and I loved it but for nearly 10 months now, we've been awful.

Managers have been sacked for a lot less. He HAS to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

However trying to make out it isn't the manager's fault when doing stupid shit like that is weird. The same as if somebody screwed up my order at McDonalds it being the head honchos fault.

Stupid shit like sack the manager every time? Let just get into a fail loop. Let's ignore the cause behind the effect. If you are right and the managers have failed, so have the people who have appointed those managers.

Now take up my invite to start listing Seppala's strengths; one of the longest serving constants in the management of our club.

stupot07

Based on our league record in 2016 he should go:

P30 W7 D7 L16 F29 A33 Pts 28 Ppg 0.93 Win% 23%

Today was awful and he has lost the plot. The transfer window and lack of loan window makes it difficult to sack him as any new manager will have to work with the dross he's brought in. I can't see where the goals are coming from, and for that reason I can't see mowbray turning it around, but he isn't going anywhere.

I'd say next weeks game is a must win....but I'm sure of we fail to win nothing will happen and there will still be at least half thr fan base wanting him to stay. That said if we do wij next week it proves little unless we then go on a run.

Frustrating times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

So what's debating got to do with what your original statement was?

Or are you referring to a few Muppets who hate the fact they couldn't get away with pushing their absolute shite on places like here, because people question them?

No, he is. He definitely is. Why else would Sky Blues Talk be known as SISU Talk all over the internet. (This was my original post) So naturally when I see SBT as "the voice of the fans", I wonder why you don't put your real name on the debate on Twitter or Facebook?

No, definitely not "a few muppets" the majority of Twitter and Facebook CCFC fans, that I see post online, with their own names, not anonymous user names on SBT.

Nick

Administrator
No, he is. He definitely is. Why else would Sky Blues Talk be known as SISU Talk all over the internet. (This was my original post) So naturally when I see SBT as "the voice of the fans", I wonder why you don't put your real name on the debate on Twitter or Facebook?

No, definitely not "a few muppets" the majority of Twitter and Facebook CCFC fans, that I see post online, with their own names, not anonymous user names on SBT.
I've never used Facebook. I use the account setup for here.

So what point are you trying to make still? How is it defending anybody pointing out a mistake Mowbray made today?

Got any links to tweets about sisu talk? If it's the majority it will be easy

italiahorse

We've got a half decent squad...the only reason we're at the bottom is Mowbray FFS.

I disagree. Half the team is poor.
Everything is too slow. Big and Stephenson are streets above everybody else but no one wants it in front of them.
When the forwards do get it they are too slow, don't shoot on sight and when they can get a shot its seldom on target.
I hope it comes back to haunt me but as a team we are very poor.

ccfc92

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I rarely agree with G on anything but he's absolutely spot on with saying that SISU are a managers dream.

He needs to go and now. I'm 100% certain that he's not going to turn this around (we're nearly 20% through the season already...when do you say 'enough's enough') and I'm 100% certain that someone else coming in of suitable ilk, would get better of a squad that I believe is better than 24th place in L1.

I wasn't enamoured when TM joined, the first 3 months of last season made me look sillly for a bit and I loved it but for nearly 10 months now, we've been awful.

Managers have been sacked for a lot less. He HAS to go.

Yet some were saying it's a marathon not a sprint? It's where you end up, not where you start? Where were we this time last season and look where we finished?

Unlike some on here, I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring and say under Mowbray, we will do okay. Maybe not promotion, as our illustrious owners have already said we can't compete in the championship (so, why bother?) but we definitely won't be relegated under Tony Mowbray.

ccfc92

I've never used Facebook. I use the account setup for here.

So what point are you trying to make still? How is it defending anybody pointing out a mistake Mowbray made today?

Got any links to tweets about sisu talk? If it's the majority it will be easy

That figures.

No, it's all on Facebook.

Nick

Administrator

Yet some were saying it's a marathon not a sprint? It's where you end up, not where you start? Where were we this time last season and look where we finished?

Unlike some on here, I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring and say under Mowbray, we will do okay. Maybe not promotion, as our illustrious owners have already said we can't compete in the championship (so, why bother?) but we definitely won't be relegated under Tony Mowbray.[/QUOTE]
I don't think we will be relegated, hence I've said give him a few games to turn it round and a bit of a pull your finger out.

stupot07

I disagree. Half the team is poor.
Everything is too slow. Big and Stephenson are streets above everybody else but no one wants it in front of them.
When the forwards do get it they are too slow, don't shoot on sight and when they can get a shot its seldom on target.
I hope it comes back to haunt me but as a team we are very poor.
I agree to an extent although I think there is enough quality in thr squad but mowbray's obsession with complicated systems and possession football is not getting thr best out of them.
Good point about the shooting we had 17 shots but from what I remember a good 13-14 of them were all pot shots from 20 yards plus.

Hobo

Based on our league record in 2016 he should go:

P30 W7 D7 L16 F29 A33 Pts 28 Ppg 0.93 Win% 23%

Today was awful and he has lost the plot. The transfer window and lack of loan window makes it difficult to sack him as any new manager will have to work with the dross he's brought in. I can't see where the goals are coming from, and for that reason I can't see mowbray turning it around, but he isn't going anywhere.

I'd say next weeks game is a must win....but I'm sure of we fail to win nothing will happen and there will still be at least half thr fan base wanting him to stay. That said if we do wij next week it proves little unless we then go on a run.

Frustrating times.

Yes terrible record. People have said as bad or worse than Pressleys?

So who was responsible for appointing these terrible Managers? Who is ultimately responsible for the club? Seppala? What has she achieved in 7 or 8 years?

I am open to persuasion Nick or Grendel? let's justify the top of the tree before pulling the trigger repeatedly on the middle management.

You can keep replacing the electrical fuse that keeps blowing...but logic says the fault might be elsewhere that makes that part to repeatedly fail. Continual replacement isn't necessarily a fix or indeed positively addressing the real fault.

skybluetony176

Yes terrible record. People have said as bad or worse than Pressleys?

So who was responsible for appointing these terrible Managers? Who is ultimately responsible for the club? Seppala? What has she achieved in 7 or 8 years?

I am open to persuasion Nick or Grendel? let's justify the top of the tree before pulling the trigger repeatedly on the middle management.

You can keep replacing the electrical fuse that keeps blowing...but logic says the fault might be elsewhere that makes that part to repeatedly fail. Continual replacement isn't necessarily a fix or indeed positively addressing the real fault.

I'm guessing it's an earth fault. Our owners don't live on planet earth.

Skyblueweeman

Unlike some on here, I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring and say under Mowbray, we will do okay. Maybe not promotion, as our illustrious owners have already said we can't compete in the championship (so, why bother?) but we definitely won't be relegated under Tony Mowbray.[/QUOTE]

Each to their own. Not for me though mate.

I hope to be proved wrong but I'm sure I won't be.

stupot07

Or it could be that there is both damaged and dodgy wiring and the RCD trip fuse is faulty. And both need addressing.

ccfc92

Unlike some on here, I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring and say under Mowbray, we will do okay. Maybe not promotion, as our illustrious owners have already said we can't compete in the championship (so, why bother?) but we definitely won't be relegated under Tony Mowbray.

Each to their own. Not for me though mate.

I hope to be proved wrong but I'm sure I won't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

So you're saying we will be relegated under Mowbray?

ccfc92

One question I will ask to the "Mowbray Out" voters who would you choose to bring in, and would you genuinely expect them to gain promotion within 2 years or so?

Monkeyface

How is it underfunded? How are other league one teams winning games?

Nick I don't think it's just a funding issue, our club is a mess... would you join a company where the owners are pursuing a lost legal cause, most of the staff are temps, your manager gets replaced on a rolling 18 month-ish basis, the current staff get abused by the customers, the directors keep talking about moving the place of work. Jeez if I was a manager looking to send a young player loan I'd be asking other professionals of their experience at a prospective club, and if they spoke to Murphy that'd be the end of that!

Nick

Administrator
You say you've never used/don't use facebook?

That's why I am asking you to post some screenshots? And it isn't all over the internet is it if it is just on Facebook? I also very much doubt it is the "majority of ccfc fans".

You said twitter also, the majority of them as well originally.

You said:

[quote uid=1 name="Nick" post=1162350]So what's debating got to do with what your original statement was?<br /><br />Or are you referring to a few Muppets who hate the fact they couldn't get away with pushing their absolute shite on places like here, because people question them?[/QUOTE]<br /><br />No, he is. He definitely is. Why else would Sky Blues Talk be known as SISU Talk all over the internet. (This was my original post) So naturally when I see SBT as "the voice of the fans", I wonder why you don't put your real name on the debate on Twitter or Facebook? <br /><br />No, definitely not "a few muppets" the majority of Twitter and Facebook CCFC fans, that I see post online, with their own names, not anonymous user names on SBT.

But now it's just Facebook?

Last edited:

dongonzalos

He should never have been let go on a free. Scored 1 in every 2.8 since he left us.
Nearly as bad as letting Baker go on a free.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm completely indifferent if Mowbray stays or goes. It's good that we have a manager of that pedigree, but I'm more often than not thinking I could do a better job. He seems to have lost the plot. I was so angry from last season, but thought it would only be fair to give him a second chance this year, which he's quickly fucking up.

If there's one thing that pisses me off more than anything though, it's that Mowbray is almost always blameless because SISU are the bad guys in everyone eyes.

Some people need to open their eyes. Joy Seppala didn't make the substitutions today.

ccfc92

That's why I am asking you to post some screenshots? And it isn't all over the internet is it if it is just on Facebook? I also very much doubt it is the "majority of ccfc fans".

Yet you claim SBT to be the views of real life CCFC fans?

Nick

Administrator
Yet you claim SBT to be the views of real life CCFC fans?
Are you a robot then? Are people not posting their views on here?

What's that got to do with the statement you made that I asked you to backup? The one where you said the majority of Facebook and Twitter fans called it sisu talk?

Users who are viewing this thread