Mowbray has gone (4 Viewers)

torchomatic

It's the duality Torch. SISU have failed and "some" of the responsibility for that apparently falls on people who were here almost 10+ years ago. It's SISU's responsibility, they've done nothing that has improved our situation. Forget what happened before, the starting point for SISU is what happened from the day they arrived and that is failure that has caused decline at a faster rate than witnessed before. It's also escalating. That's their doing, no one else's. It stems from a lack of ability or willingness to do anything but. No one from before their time is doing that for them.

I agree, but I got the impression this was "nothing to do" with previous custodians and I disagree. However, yes SISU took it on, made it worse and it is up to them to sort it out.

Malaka

Left with his head held high, and I respect him for that. However, he only has himself to blame for the position we're in.

I completely agree with Otis, we have really shit owners who do proportion some of the blame, but the bizzare transfer activity, team selections, tactics, and substitutions are the responsibility of one man, and one man only. He failed on that front pretty fucking badly.

I wish him all the best, but I do wonder what's around the corner for us next...
I liken this to the Formula 1 scenario. Is Lewis Hamilton the best driver in the world or just within the Mercedes team? If for example Raikonen had a seat at Mercedes would he be the best or second best driver in the world?
In any sport, the better your funding, the better job you can do. And you need the support of your owners to be the best, that is why Barcelona, Madrid, Man U dominate, they have investment.

Astute

"Technical Director, Mark Venus will take responsibility of first team duties with immediate effect" (note the rogue comma, what professionals they are!)

Do we read from this that Venus is in charge now for good, or is that an interim appointment?
Do we make him permanent manager if we go on a winning run?

torchomatic

So why the f**k are you trying to dilute the blame down to previous owners then?

I'm not, I'm saying we have SISU because of previous regimes. SISU totally to blame for NOW but they wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Richardson and his "vision".

torchomatic

Or CCC/ACL coming to the rescue..... See what I mean. Every argument has it's opposition.

Well, hamstringing the club with an unaffordable rent was hardly a "rescue", but that's a different discussion.

rondog1973

But that's the thing. Their "influence" continues to be felt by the Club and they're the catalyst; the reason why we are where we are with SISU. Obviously, SISU are at fault for the majority of our problems, but SISU wouldn't be here if Richardson et al hadn't have sold us down the river when they sold Highfield Road. To deny that is being naive.
Didn't deny it. Referred to that regime as poisonous in my first post on this thread.

Sky Blue Kid

I liken this to the Formula 1 scenario. Is Lewis Hamilton the best driver in the world or just within the Mercedes team? If for example Raikonen had a seat at Mercedes would he be the best or second best driver in the world?
In any sport, the better your funding, the better job you can do. And you need the support of your owners to be the best, that is why Barcelona, Madrid, Man U dominate, they have investment.

Bang on the button(Pardon the pun) Vettel, Button, Schumacher, were all great drivers but without the funding quickly fell down the ladder.

Moff

Exactly. By keep pointing the finger at previous owners does just that. What have SISU done exactly to earn that get out of jail free card?

Is he diluting blame? or is he saying that because of our previous awful owners, we ended up with some even worse worse ones, the shittest ever. If the club hadn't been screwed in the first place we wouldn't have sold our soul to the devil. He isn't diluting them being the devil just saying how we started the journey to oblivion.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The Facebook page is in meltdown.

90% of people blaming SISU.

Yes, they shoulder some of it, but I don't understand why people can't see how many astronomical mistakes Mowbray has made in the last six months.

I think I'm going to log out of it for a bit, my sanity is being heavily tested!

Sky Blue Kid

Is he diluting blame? or is he saying that because of our previous awful owners, we ended up with some even worse worse ones, the shittest ever. If the club hadn't been screwed in the first place we wouldn't have sold our soul to the devil. He isn't diluting them being the devil just saying how we started the journey to oblivion.

Disagree Moff. His hatred of previous owners and CCC have blurred his vision of how shite our present owners are. We were supposed to be debt free without a care in the world and were promised £20m for players to push for promotion back to the Premier league.We fell on hard times back in the 1930's does the dilution of shitness spread back down the chain to them? Why not? Problem is it all happened before he was born so doesn't count. It's all a shitfest, only this shitfest is all SISU's doing

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well, hamstringing the club with an unaffordable rent was hardly a "rescue", but that's a different discussion.

I do agree with you on the Richardson point; and I can't tell you how much we all regret leaving HR, but I disagree with you on one point.

SISU arrived at the club demanding we all hand over shares or their deal wouldn't go ahead. At that time, the rent on the stadium and access to matchday revenues should also have been put out there as precursor to any deal. If it's at the level of criticality we're all told it is, then it should have stuck out like a sore thumb in their due diligence. Had we - as fans and taxpayers - been told that at the time, the pressure on the council to change the business model would have been profound. But they didn't.

And if they didn't fancy the deal, the club should have entered administration as a mid-placed Championship team - as the luxury that affords a new buyer is slates wiped clean and opportunity to negotiate existing contracts. Administration, when structured, has served many of our peers eminently better than what's happened to us.

So Richardson was wrong, manifestly so; but he was - rightly or wrongly - chasing a dream. SISU came in as cold, hard business people and missed the key opportunity to get things right from Day One. I, personally, think that's more to do with why we're where we are now that Richardson's actions

Captain Dart

Yes, they shoulder some of it, but I don't understand why people can't see how many astronomical mistakes Mowbray has made in the last six months.

I think I'm going to log out of it for a bit, my sanity is being heavily tested!
You are still sane! Lucky bastard.

Captain Dart

I do agree with you on the Richardson point; and I can't tell you how much we all regret leaving HR, but I disagree with you on one point.

SISU arrived at the club demanding we all hand over shares or their deal wouldn't go ahead. At that time, the rent on the stadium and access to matchday revenues should also have been put out there as precursor to any deal. If it's at the level of criticality we're all told it is, then it should have stuck out like a sore thumb in their due diligence. Had we - as fans and taxpayers - been told that at the time, the pressure on the council to change the business model would have been profound. But they didn't.

And if they didn't fancy the deal, the club should have entered administration as a mid-placed Championship team - as the luxury that affords a new buyer is slates wiped clean and opportunity to negotiate existing contracts. Administration, when structured, has served many of our peers eminently better than what's happened to us.

So Richardson was wrong, manifestly so; but he was - rightly or wrongly - chasing a dream. SISU came in as cold, hard business people and missed the key opportunity to get things right from Day One. I, personally, think that's more to do with why we're where we are now that Richardson's actions

SISU were incompetent from day one. Blaming previous regimes will not solve today's problems, getting rid of SISU might.

Moff

Disagree Moff. His hatred of previous owners and CCC have blurred his vision of how shite our present owners are. We were supposed to be debt free without a care in the world and were promised £20m for players to push for promotion back to the Premier league.We fell on hard times back in the 1930's does the dilution of shitness spread back down the chain to them? Why not? Problem is it all happened before he was born so doesn't count. It's all a shitfest, only this shitfest is all SISU's doing

I blame the founders of the Club. Selfish bastards causing us this pain.

ccfcway

doesn't really matter who is to blame and what % is. TM has 100% gone and SISU are 100% here.

skybluetony176

Yes he's diluting blame and the same goes for anyone else who continually brings it up. We ate where we ate because of the current regime. If we were stagnating as a mid table championship club it might be different but we aren't. We are where we are because of SISU's failures. Even Tim has said judge us on what we do. That's all I'm doing. You may as well be blaming Ian Dowie for our current league position. It's the same difference

Moff

Yes he's diluting blame and the same goes for anyone else who continually brings it up. We ate where we ate because of the current regime. If we were stagnating as a mid table championship club it might be different but we aren't. We are where we are because of SISU's failures. Even Tim has said judge us on what we do. That's all I'm doing. You may as well be blaming Ian Dowie for our current league position. It's the same difference

I think we all agree on the part in bold. How we got there is just a discussion point, whether people agree or disagree, and we all know where the blame lies now.

Astute

Exactly. By keep pointing the finger at previous owners does just that. What have SISU done exactly to earn that get out of jail free card?
Should we forget that Richardson started it all and got out just before it went tits up?

I blame SISU for what they have done wrong. And they have done a lot wrong. But they are only with us because of what happened previously.

Skyblueweeman

Should we forget that Richardson started it all and got out just before it went tits up?

I blame SISU for what they have done wrong. And they have done a lot wrong. But they are only with us because of what happened previously.

That doesn't wash with some Astute. You're spot on though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

Nobody is saying SiSU took on an easy ride. But they haven't made it any easier. They have never engaged the fans with the problems they face. They have never given us a template for the club's future. They have never given us an opportunity to be sympathetic with their decisions. That's why they are a big fail.

Brylowes

The club is run ( very poorly) from one day to the next, with no real plan or direct thinking
Too the future, it's no real surprise that every manager here fails.
Until either the ownership changes, or at least changes direction this will keep happening
Over and over again. IMHO

shmmeee

For fucks sake. Why not blame sacking Jimmy Hill as well?

We are a completely different entity now to when Sisu took over. Not even the same business. At what point does the buck stop with the people who made literally every decision the club currently has to deal with? Debt was written off. Stadium deals were broken. Players and managers and board members hired and fired. Literally the only connection between CCFC pre Sisu and CCFC now is Oggy and us lot.

Frankly at this point bringing up Richardson or the Ricoh is desperate deflecting from what anyone can plainly see is our issue.

Users who are viewing this thread