Mowbray Out (3 Viewers)

martcov

i cannot understand the difficulty in getting a CD , have you seen the list of players available?

No, I have not, but we don't know why they are still available. One reason maybe the conditions they are asking for - at the moment.

mechaishida

Mowbray gambled that one of our GKs was good enough for a promotion chasing team and he put the budget toward outfield players. That gamble has back-fired spectacularly as it has unsettled the entire defence.

Complete and utter codswallop, sorry.

RCC is good enough, he's still learning his trade. TM clearly has faith in the lad, so just trust his bloody judgement, since you're not a FL manager and he is.

All this petty finger-pointing at anyone with a flaw in their game is getting seriously tedious.

Otis

And I would say that now RCC is getting far much more flak than Burge ever got.

Now RCC is getting blamed for goals that aren't even his fault.

Can we just please get off the lad's back.

Hobo

And I would say that now RCC is getting far much more flak than Burge ever got.

Now RCC is getting blamed for goals that aren't even his fault.

Can we just please get off the lad's back.

I agree all this scapegoating is unnecessary. Phillips Haynes RCC Bigi and Rammage seems the favourites. The first four are all players TM would see as developing rather than the finished article. Rammage has only played two games and is an emergency fix rather than a long term solution.

NorthernWisdom

I agree all this scapegoating is unnecessary. Phillips Haynes RCC Bigi and Rammage seems the favourites. The first four are all players TM would see as developing rather than the finished article. Rammage has only played two games and is an emergency fix rather than a long term solution.

I buy your point on the first few and agree. Ramage is more worrying however, as what's the point of an emergency fix that doesn't actually fix?

Hobo

I buy your point on the first few and agree. Ramage is more worrying however, as what's the point of an emergency fix that doesn't actually fix?

Because the situation was so desperate we could not risk another injury without some form of cover. Remember he joined before the transfer window. I think it was this is the best we can get at the moment.

Otis

Think he must have been all we could get and if Martin and Willis are close to a return, that might explain the stop gap measure.

NorthernWisdom

Think he must have been all we could get and if Martin and Willis are close to a return, that might explain the stop gap measure.

If he doesn't come straight in and make an impact though, why bother at all, if that's all he's there for?

We must have a tub of lard lurking around the reserves and youth team.

At least Cole (in theory!) is building up for the medium term.

Hobo

If he doesn't come straight in and make an impact though, why bother at all, if that's all he's there for?

We must have a tub of lard lurking around the reserves and youth team.

At least Cole (in theory!) is building up for the medium term.

As I said I think the situation was pretty serious we had practically ran out of options. I wouldn't write him off yet. Mowbray got Martin performing when he was high on the fans list of must be got rid of players. Now fans cant wait for him to be fit.

R

RB1992

Enough is enough. Get him gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

you could be right the new man may get them sorted by the time we move out of the playoff position

Mowbray seems a good guy but he won't be around after next year anyway. So it's promotion or bust and we need to decide if we can achieve this with him at the helm or if a new manager factor would influence it.

He needs more time to prove he can do it but after a few more games if he can't then we will just return to a downward spiral.

Hobo

Mowbray is doing a good job a quarter of the way in what was always going to be a 2 year project. We are having the best season for years and years. We have some injuries in key positions and lo.st some confidence and some fans are stamping their feet. Unbelievable!

Evo1883

Spent 3 days outside the top 6 all season , anybody wanting him gone should just stop going in all fairness , absolute drips

covhead1

I am usually hyper-critical about our managers and have totally agreed with them being sacked.

However I think TM is the man for us and its going to take some time for him to sort the mess that is CCFC out.

WE are still in the top 5, If anyone can get us back on track I believe TM will.

But I do feel really pissed off about our last few performances.

PUSB

pusbccfc

Don't want to be too critical, but if we finish outside the top 6 this season, he has failed. With that team, in this shite league, we should comfortably be a top 6 side.

Still would want him to stay, no doubt.

Otis

Today was very, very concerning. So too from the moment we went one down against Burton.

I know he couldn't change too much once the game started today, but what the hell was going on with that defence? We were being totally opened up and I think there were three occasions where a Scunthorpe player only had to square the ball for what would have been tap ins. We should have been 4 down by halftime!

We looked incredibly slow and I really am greatly worried about Peter Ramage. Can't blame him for all the goals in all the games he's been in obviously, but he has now played 3 games for us and we have let in 7 goals in those 3 games.

Just a coincidence? Was definitely partly at fault for Burton's second and today he was just so very, very poor. He is incredibly slow, showed absolutely no command in the penalty area and his headers seemed to be going all over the place.

Scares the hell out of me.

dongonzalos

Only positive from today for me.....

We are so close, hopefully if TM says we need a dominate CB however the only one who fits the mould his wages will cost x amount.
Then I think SISU may say yes.

The negative we need to say the same about a goalkeeper. TM admits he doesn't see the importance of this position.
For me RCC is a good goalie but I think psychologically the defence need a keeper that fills them with confidence. If you have Reda if you have a Turner you may get away with it.
If you don't then we need a goalkeeper who fills an ok defence with confidence.

Hope TM signs a goalie and a CB and leaves attacking players to the loan windows.

dongonzalos

Don't want to be too critical, but if we finish outside the top 6 this season, he has failed. With that team, in this shite league, we should comfortably be a top 6 side.

Still would want him to stay, no doubt.

Catch 22, without him, his style, his reputation we wouldn't have "that team"

SlowerThanPlatt

2 wins in 12 now....if that form was to continue (doesn't look like we're
improving or learning) it would be 4 wins in 24.

What form did Pressley get sacked on?

johnwillomagic

This is the weakest league one in some time and our best chance of promotion......if we do not make it this year really struggling to see us doing well next year the sides coming down will be a lot stronger than ones that did this year!

Simply put with the support TM has had and squad we have accumulated then there is no way we should finish outside top six.
I actually though would be between us Wigan and Sheff Utd for top two places.

If we do not make play offs - which I cannot contemplate us not doing then TM imo will have failed and should go.
If we make play offs and do not make it up and he is willing to stay on would keep him then.

There are a lot of games still to play and lots of points to be played for though.....Im keeping the faith though it is getting tough to do so.

Londonccfcfan

This is the weakest league one in some time and our best chance of promotion......if we do not make it this year really struggling to see us doing well next year the sides coming down will be a lot stronger than ones that did this year!

Simply put with the support TM has had and squad we have accumulated then there is no way we should finish outside top six.
I actually though would be between us Wigan and Sheff Utd for top two places.

If we do not make play offs - which I cannot contemplate us not doing then TM imo will have failed and should go.
If we make play offs and do not make it up and he is willing to stay on would keep him then.

There are a lot of games still to play and lots of points to be played for though.....Im keeping the faith though it is getting tough to do so.

Weakest league in in some time. Keep hearing this. Yes there is no stand out team this year. But my goodness it's really competitive apart from maybe Colchester there aren't too many poor teams.

Everyones beating everyone apart from Crewe and Colchester. Even Crewe have had three unexpected draws vs Wigan and Millwall etc since we beat them.

As for finishing 7th or 8th this season and missing out on play offs, it is a possibility and one which nobody wants to contemplate .Everyone would be hugely dissapointed. But I'm not sure TM would have failed. Purely as many have said its the best football we have played in years.

This season has been huge stepping stone in the right direction the crowds have come back...average over 13k. Over 11k yesterday, I was at the corresponding fixture last year about this time of the year and quite honestly even though it ended as a draw it was one of the worst games of football I ever witnessed in front of 7 k fans.

We actually left in the 90 th minute only to find out later Tudgay got an equaliser. It was horrendous performance.

A year on, although bitterly dissapointed by recent results....in a much happier place and still proud of the season SO FAR.

Grendel

Yeah, 'cause our track record of swapping managers has been so successful

It has. It's when we've kept managers - Strachan and Thorn - when they should have been sacked that we paid the price. Other than Neilson and Black all managers that have been sacked in my time as a supporter have been correct.

usskyblue

It has. It's when we've kept managers - Strachan and Thorn - when they should have been sacked that we paid the price. Other than Neilson and Black all managers that have been sacked in my time as a supporter have been correct.

Your definition of 'success' seems to be the problem.

Would you like to highlight our actual achievements in the last 25 years as a result of managerial changes?

st john

IMO it's definitely a confidence thing at the back, and I think that has transferred across the whole team. We just need that one defender to re-instil that confidence and we will get back to how we were playing I'm sure.
Easier said than done, I know but it is what is required to determine the season.
RCC will be fine I think if we can somehow get that Reda / Turner type player from somewhere.

lifeskyblue

Mustn't get rid of TM. Yes we are in a bad patch and yes we are leaking lots of goals BUT we are still in playoff position and earlier in season we played some of best football I have seen in years. Time to steady the ship...bring in a reliable keeper and a big no nonsense centre half and battle to keep 5th position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Your definition of 'success' seems to be the problem.

Would you like to highlight our actual achievements in the last 25 years as a result of managerial changes?

The reason we were relegated from the Premier League was down to Richardson failing to see that Strachan had lost the plot.

Despite the negativity around here about Strachan he did have two good seasons. However he'd lost the plot and should have gone.

The fact thorn managed to get to 10 points of survival given his complete and utter inability to manage anything shows any half decent replacement would have achieved survival

Success is improvement. Had we not sacked Gould in the 80's we'd gave gone down. Mackay I think to his credit fell on his sword before relegation that would have followed.

Sillett was treated badly and should have been given a role but can anyone seriously say butcher, Neal and Atkinson hadn't outlived their usefulness?

Users who are viewing this thread