Mowbray out (1 Viewer)

idm1975

Lol I bet Sheffield and Bradford are green with envy they we have Bigi and Rose and they've got fleck and vincelot. In every game I've seen we've been hopelessly predictable in midfield. Rose is so underwhelming Mowbray now decides he's a wingback.
And while were at it when did mowbray decide that about rose and how many games you been too 1 or 2 homes i bet!

Nick

Administrator
Nick its all, It's, but's and maybe's.. Lets be honest deal with today's facts we are in trouble as a complete package, if TM left today, which i have no issue with, i just don't see it changes or effects much. If we were top of the league like we were last Christmas still doesn't change the fact we are in the shit today. Why don't you look at it this way instead of dealing with the future which is uncertain but with these owners a disaster.

And you also know i have never mentioned fan ownership, you know who i think is involved in a potential ownership and have spoke to you weeks about it...
Can you not see the issues on the pitch? Away from the politics.

oucho

Anybody think he should stay if we do not beat Wimbledon midweek??

Grendel

Read some match reports then dickhead, fleck on the bench and vincelot how good was he for us from january. Take your blind hatred out of the equation
And while were at it when did mowbray decide that about rose and how many games you been too 1 or 2 homes i bet!

I've been to every home game. The reason he signed Sterry he said was he needed right side cover as rose was injured.

stupot07

Anybody think he should stay if we do not beat Wimbledon midweek??
I'm sure there will be a fair few that do.

Tbh a win on Wednesday won't convince me he should stay, we will need to go on a decent and sustained run before I change my mind. #mowbrayout #sisuout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grendel

Read some match reports then dickhead, fleck on the bench and vincelot how good was he for us from january. Take your blind hatred out of the equation

Hatred us an absurd notion - you are oddly protective of one individual - up to you.

It's a forum and I'll give my opinion. Ratings by fans are not always great indicators. Search threads about Kevin Malaga if you don't believe that. Then look at ratings Jacob Murphy received. I don't think Norwich are too worried he's back playing for them.

It's opposition and how they rate opponents that matters. Murphy was a threat to opposition as they knew his capability. Fleck could distribute and cover ground. The current midfield is weak and easily overrun. It's also pitifully ineffective when in possession. Nothing effective is being created. To say this hasn't gone backwards is absurd.

Stevenson seems to be able to carry the ball forward - but he isn't a first choice.

It's poor in comparison to last season - been to every home game other then west ham by the way but results and dominance don't lie.

idm1975

Hatred us an absurd notion - you are oddly protective of one individual - up to you.

It's a forum and I'll give my opinion. Ratings by fans are not always great indicators. Search threads about Kevin Malaga if you don't believe that. Then look at ratings Jacob Murphy received. I don't think Norwich are too worried he's back playing for them.

It's opposition and how they rate opponents that matters. Murphy was a threat to opposition as they knew his capability. Fleck could distribute and cover ground. The current midfield is weak and easily overrun. It's also pitifully ineffective when in possession. Nothing effective is being created. To say this hasn't gone backwards is absurd.

Stevenson seems to be able to carry the ball forward - but he isn't a first choice.

It's poor in comparison to last season - been to every home game other then west ham by the way but results and dominance don't lie.
You think that hate doesnt play a part in what you say? You are in denial, i dont get it!

Chipfat

Yes I can Nick and for the last time sacking TM is something I'd understand. But while the club do this the problem still exsist's. Ask the other 15 managers and 18 directors. Mate they all can't be shit at what they do. Root cause is the common denominator, personal change, we have seen this time and time again, but the state of the whole club remains the same.

Last edited:

rob9872

Fleck, Obrien, Cole, Armstrong, Vincelot, Maddison, Murphy even Kent. Mogga only bombed put Obrien because he felt detrimental to others. I disagreed with that, but add that we lost unluckily Reda and then Turner and the goals and strength basically ripped out. He's expected to replace it overnight with little resource. Would have been very lucky if he'd managed that. In our shite position I think we're still lucky to have him. Certainly deserving of more of a chance I mean who realistically will come in and wave a magic wand with players 5heyve not chosen and can't change for months? 5 more games minimum imo and I fully expect us moving up by then.

Brylowes

Fleck, Obrien, Cole, Armstrong, Vincelot, Maddison, Murphy even Kent. Mogga only bombed put Obrien because he felt detrimental to others. I disagreed with that, but add that we lost unluckily Reda and then Turner and the goals and strength basically ripped out. He's expected to replace it overnight with little resource. Would have been very lucky if he'd managed that. In our shite position I think we're still lucky to have him. Certainly deserving of more of a chance I mean who realistically will come in and wave a magic wand with players 5heyve not chosen and can't change for months? 5 more games minimum imo and I fully expect us moving up by then.
At last comen sense.

Nick

Administrator
It wasn't overnight it was a pre season, he also has better resources than a faIr few managers in this league.

Evo1883

It wasn't overnight it was a pre season, he also has better resources than a faIr few managers in this league.
I've never understood the resources argument , and how you can possibly use that argument now , surely that argument only holds up after 46 games .
Have we started poor yes , should we do better yes , the other argument is that we mass release and recruit every single season , there is no stability whatsoever .
Now Walsall and burton had built sides over 4/5 years so they have stability and last season it showed why teams with lower budgets can do better than teams with bigger wage budgets .
Just because we can pay probably an avarage of 500 a week more in wages per player doesn't mean that each player will be better and our team should be better , over teams that have kept their best players year in year out And haven't had to build a team from scratch like Mowbray has done this year

Last edited:

singers_pore

I am not sure how TM can say we are inconsistent. Inconsistent means being mid-table, lose one, win one, lose one, win one.
We are rooted at the bottom with three points less than the team above us. That's not inconsistent. It's consistently awful.
With a few notable exceptions (e.g., RCC, Turnbull, Stevenson), the players are absolute dog shit. Even worse, they are led by a manager who seems to have thrown in the towel.

covboy1987

Cannot see how anyone can even think about what is going on at pitch level whilst this circus continues - Beleive me th me players and management are all affected daily by this off pitch saga and basically are acting professional and hoping beyond hope somebody/something will Changed behind the scenes
Until then cannot see anything changing and removing the management is the last thing we should want as can anyone see new management making any difference

Osullivan18

No league wins in 9 now, has to go if we don't beat Wimbledon for me. Not buying all this budget crap, I agree losing Armstrong, Murphy, JOB, Fleck, Vincelot, Phillips and Martin is a huge loss to any side. But who is the one recruiting? Who is the one tasked with getting the best of if the players we have? We signed 2 players for money during the summer. I don't remember many managers having that luxury in recent years.
Do I think we should win the league or even get a play off place? No, but to be rock bottom is a disgrace.

As I said no win against Wimbledon, he should go.

Osullivan18

Cannot see how anyone can even think about what is going on at pitch level whilst this circus continues

Your opinion, I cannot see how no-one cared about Sisu last year when we were flying high and then signing Joe Cole, but worst start in nearly 100 years and "it's not the managers fault it's Sisu".

covboy1987

Your opinion, I cannot see how no-one cared about Sisu last year when we were flying high and then signing Joe Cole, but worst start in nearly 100 years and "it's not the managers fault it's Sisu".
Lots of things have happened in 12 months including all the decent loan players returning to there clubs. I cannot see how anyone can judge TM working in the current conditions as football is about confidence
To make a successful club the players/ manager- the owners and of course the fans must work together to be successful - everyone is going in different directions hence failure -

Otis

Well yep, that only stacks up if the playing budget has been drastically cut, but it hasn't been has it.

No-one within the club or media is saying it has and the word is that it is just about the same, or just slightly less, yet here we are, bottom of the table.

It simply doesn't stack up. Have we got a bottom of the table budget? No.

We are drastically underperforming.

oucho

A while ago we had a thread on here which was along the lines of "how badly does TM have to do in order not to get offered a new contract?" Most the responses were that anything around md-table or above would be enough for most fans. On the season so far, he had better think about his plans after May.

I suspect that if this carry on like this and he doesn't get sacked, the issue of the contract extension will be discussed and he'll be told he won't be being offered a new deal, so at that point he'll end up just walking away straight away. We're not yet there but the CCFC/TM dream, which seemed to promise so much not long ago, is dying.

Hobo

Not everyone saw Cole coming as a great move. Not everyone thought promotion was nailed on. There was plenty of debate around where the team were actually at. However most people did revel in the high league position (even if it didn't reflect the true story) as it was a breath of fresh air. There was still plenty of criticism of SISU and the negative effect they had on the club, their inability to move the club forward.

NorthernWisdom

There was still plenty of criticism of SISU and the negative effect they had on the club, their inability to move the club forward.

Hmmm.

You see, it always fristrates me that criticism nigh-on vanishes when we have a good run. There was a lot of 'SISU have learned from their mistakes' etc. and well, bollocks had they!

Somewhere there's a balance between suicide and blowing SISU off, but if they're still here next year and we're top of League 2 (heading for that fabled top six finish - well done SISU!) then they won't suddenly be good owners anymore than they are after we've not won in a bit.

Osullivan18

Lots of things have happened in 12 months including all the decent loan players returning to there clubs. I cannot see how anyone can judge TM working in the current conditions as football is about confidence
To make a successful club the players/ manager- the owners and of course the fans must work together to be successful - everyone is going in different directions hence failure -

How did he do in the second half of the season with the decent loan players? Bar smashing Bury the period after Christmas was ridiculously bad.

People can point to losing Johnson and Turner, but Martin was just as effective after Christmas for me.

Grendel

I've never understood the resources argument , and how you can possibly use that argument now , surely that argument only holds up after 46 games .
Have we started poor yes , should we do better yes , the other argument is that we mass release and recruit every single season , there is no stability whatsoever .
Now Walsall and burton had built sides over 4/5 years so they have stability and last season it showed why teams with lower budgets can do better than teams with bigger wage budgets .
Just because we can pay probably
an avarage of 500 a week more in wages per player doesn't mean that each player will be better and our team should be better , over teams that have kept their best players year in year out And haven't had to build a team from scratch like Mowbray has done this year

Both clubs you mention also had management changes.

We also started a team from scratch last season.

Last season we used far more players than these teams and have already used around 25 this season. Mowbray constantly rings the changes to no apparent purpose.

His performance post Christmas with that squad was abysmal.

Mowbray could if he wanted have retained Martin but now complains that he has young defenders.

He chose to retain Ricketts and tudgay which seems questionable to say the least.

He has signed two players on long contracts this season who the jury is still out on.

As for signings I would say most of the permanent signings he's made over the two years have been poor.

His history suggests when decline starts he doesn't turn it around.

Osullivan18

Well yep, that only stacks up if the playing budget has been drastically cut, but it hasn't been has it.

No-one within the club or media is saying it has and the word is that it is just about the same, or just slightly less, yet here we are, bottom of the table.

It simply doesn't stack up. Have we got a bottom of the table budget? No.

We are drastically underperforming.

I agree, did you see my post before? I have not said our budget is any different to the year before

Osullivan18

Not everyone saw Cole coming as a great move. Not everyone thought promotion was nailed on. There was plenty of debate around where the team were actually at. However most people did revel in the high league position (even if it didn't reflect the true story) as it was a breath of fresh air. There was still plenty of criticism of SISU and the negative effect they had on the club, their inability to move the club forward.

True, but at the games there was no Sisu out chants. That was the point I make, TM has to take the majority of the blame for our league position

Evo1883

Both clubs you mention also had management changes.

We also started a team from scratch last season.

Last season we used far more players than these teams and have already used around 25 this season. Mowbray constantly rings the changes to no apparent purpose.

His performance post Christmas with that squad was abysmal.

Mowbray could if he wanted have retained Martin but now complains that he has young defenders.

He chose to retain Ricketts and tudgay which seems questionable to say the least.

He has signed two players on long contracts this season who the jury is still out on.

As for signings I would say most of the permanent signings he's made over the two years have been poor.

His history suggests when decline starts he doesn't turn it around.
Well Walsall started drifting away after a managerial change , and burton was forced , as was Walsall to be honest .the core squad didn't change did it
I can agree on Martin going , doesn't alter the fact that we have an appalling player retention rate which is drastically effecting the stability here I'm not sure why you swerved that point .
if it's so simple as to change the manager , then why has it NEVER gained any long term positivity under sisu , it simply runs deeper than the manager , it is a problem that WILL remain under new management and will persist until sisu leave and real change happens.
We try and play the right way , he finished 8th last year , still the only manager to finish top 10 under sisu , I find it bizarre supporters think that under a new man things will be drastically different .
Infact it shows complete and utter delusion
12 managers and caretakers in 9 years , let's keep that going because eventually it will work right lol

I don't want him sacked , but It would be funny in a way to see these posts again 15-18 months time

Hadji10

Lucky to have him? He done a very good job 10 years ago now, get over it.

Our squad is far better than bottom of the league, just like last years was far better than 8th place.

The guy has lost the plot, he's not getting us out of this hole and he HAS to now go.

rob9872

Must be all those other times we've finished above 8th in the last 45 years that make you think he under achieved ... oh hang on a minute it ... we never did ... therefore we must sack him ... because knee jerk reactions always work don't they?!

Users who are viewing this thread