Moyes Out? (1 Viewer)

Hey guys! Its that time of week again. Cooks Question is back with a bang. This week, after what can only be described as one of the most embarrassing moments of David Moyes's career, we want to know your opinion on the position of the Manchester United manager. There have been rumours of a bust up with coach and Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs, he has failed to recreate the success of SAF with the exact same team and its clear the fans don't want him there anymore. It looked like Fergie himself wanted his hand-picked successor out at the Liverpool game. So we want to know your views on the future of David Moyes. Is it time for him to go and if so, who could replace him? All answers need to be in by 11.30AM Thursday if you want them to be on the show. If you don't want your comment read out on the show then please say so. You can get involved in any matter brought up on the show on Twitter (@Hillz_SL) or Facebook (Liam Broski Cook) at any time during the show. Thanks again for your fantastic contribution

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

If they lose tomorrow then there's no difference in sacking him now or in the summer. Should be given time though imo.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Empires fall.

God himself could have taken the job on after Fergie.....they'd still struggle. The man was the club.

Man. Utd. will not sack Moyes.....he is Fergies chosen one.

There was not a football fan in the country that would have believed me if I'd told them back in 1990, after Liverpool had just won their 7th title in 10 years that they wouldn't win another one for at least 25 years....

When Busby left Man Utd, they got relegated within 5 years.

Empires fall.

wingy

Empires fall.

God himself could have taken the job on after Fergie.....they'd still struggle. The man was the club.

Man. Utd. will not sack Moyes.....he is Fergies chosen one.

There was not a football fan in the country that would have believed me if I'd told them back in 1990, after Liverpool had just won their 7th title in 10 years that they wouldn't win another one for at least 25 years....

When Busby left Man Utd, they got relegated within 5 years.

Empires fall.

Agree with most of this and Believe Moyes Is fit for the Job .I question the players and squad available to him . Also whether It would have been better for the next manager If Fergie had gone when he first suggested he was off .
They are a very average squad and only won the title last year due to the mediocrity of the others .
Moyes Is going to need a couple of well funded transfer windows to build a fresh team due to age and attitude to change ,they clearly don't respond /respect him given the lacklustre low energy performances .
You would assume that Fergie saw him as Able/Capable of getting enough out of them but I suspect Moyes Is a respect kind of leader rather than a Tyrant.

stupot07

Agree with most of this and Believe Moyes Is fit for the Job .I question the players and squad available to him . Also whether It would have been better for the next manager If Fergie had gone when he first suggested he was off .
They are a very average squad and only won the title last year due to the mediocrity of the others .
Moyes Is going to need a couple of well funded transfer windows to build a fresh team due to age and attitude to change ,they clearly don't respond /respect him given the lacklustre low energy performances .
You would assume that Fergie saw him as Able/Capable of getting enough out of them but I suspect Moyes Is a respect kind of leader rather than a Tyrant.

Yep agree with this. Robbie Savage did a decent article on the bbc about the standard of the squad.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25665649

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Schmicheal Is of a similar opinion also.

The team he inherited was definitely not of title winning calibre, but was it also of the calibre of nowhere near the top 4? Not sure either way myself, just to be clear.

wingy

I'm with the Pro footballer pundits on this .The players at UTD have not responded as they should have to change

He's a dignified bloke ,I would'nt have shielded them as much as he has . You only have to look at their workrate.

Give him a couple of windows and the necessary deniro and judge him then .

Too much hysteria from the likes of sky ramming the mike in his face from day one.

Completley agree. Moyes hasn't become a bad coach over night. Fergie put the fear of god into those players, now he's gone they think they can have an easy ride. They aren't doing Moyes justice

savosdad

Banned
So Moyse was actually recommended by fergie as i remember so was pressley funny both scottish well done fergie seems your to blame for it all

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I really couldn't give a monkeys. Hate Man Utd with a passion. Don't care if he's sacked or not. Actually, thinking about it, I hope he stays - he'll take them further down the road to despair! :claping hands:
Wonder what Rooney's thinking now? ("Bloody hell! How long did I sign for?")

Who could replace Moyes if he goes though? Doesn't seem to be many decent free managers. And in their current position, it could be tough to prise someone away from their club. Ryan Giggs anyone?

CJ_covblaze

Wasn't just Fergie that left remember. Some of his back room (admittedly some at DM's request) but more importantly David Gill too. As for his replacement if he goes. Spend big and bring in Klopp which is what they should've done in the first place.

SlowerThanPlatt

Imagine if they were 3-0 up, only for Olympiakos to pull one back in the last minute. :D

That said, I can't see them going for 90 minutes without conceding.

I'm with the Pro footballer pundits on this .The players at UTD have not responded as they should have to change

He's a dignified bloke ,I would'nt have shielded them as much as he has . You only have to look at their workrate.

Give him a couple of windows and the necessary deniro and judge him then .

Too much hysteria from the likes of sky ramming the mike in his face from day one.

What workrate ?? - just look at their body language - they didn't want to be there last Sunday at Villa Park

stupot07

Ha ha talksport pretty much said that Rafeal and Jones are world class players...And talking about vidic and Ferdinand as if they're still in their prime. They desperately want Moyes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Morning guyd! The show kicks off at 10 so listen in if you can. Voting closes at 11.30 so if you have a view on David Moyes' position at Uniteed and who should be the next United manager should Moyes leave, get in in ASAP

Nick

Administrator
Oh dear oh dear. Another defeat at home.

In 7th, 5 points behind 6th and 12 off top 4.

SlowerThanPlatt

No sympathy for Moyes at all. But some of the United players need their arses kicking, they've been an absolute disgrace. No effort, some of them aren't fit to play football at all.

rob9872

Quarter finals of the champions league and 7th in the premiership, I wish our efforts were such a disgrace. No divine right for any team to win anything and their time will likely come again but media hype now in full swing. Hang him I say ...

Brighton Sky Blue

Quarter finals of the champions league and 7th in the premiership, I wish our efforts were such a disgrace. No divine right for any team to win anything and their time will likely come again but media hype now in full swing. Hang him I say ...

To be fair your average United fan has Stamford Bridge on his doorstep so the 'pain' will be temporary at least.

Users who are viewing this thread