Murphy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkeZ

What are everyone's honest thoughts about Murphy right now??

Any chance theres something in his contract to say he has to play 90 minutes a game because he never gets taken off when he needs to?
His lack of final ball and decision making is blunting our attack a little I feel, and especially against Walsall he was blowing after 65mins and stopped running. I think we need to start giving Ruben another shot down the left and interchange the two of them more frequently. Keep fresh legs running until 90+ mins when the defence is tired.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing him burn a player as much as the next guy, but he loses the ball all too frequently and I feel he's playing for himself and not the team sometimes, not looking for the pass but always trying to find the shot even from an awful angle. Plus he doesn't exactly track back and leaves the LB too exposed sometimes.

Not saying drop him entirely, but maybe reduce his pitch time slightly to give Ruben a chance down the wing where he created so much in the first month or two of the season.

eastwoodsdustman

What are everyone's honest thoughts about Murphy right now??

Any chance theres something in his contract to say he has to play 90 minutes a game because he never gets taken off when he needs to?
His lack of final ball and decision making is blunting our attack a little I feel, and especially against Walsall he was blowing after 65mins and stopped running. I think we need to start giving Ruben another shot down the left and interchange the two of them more frequently. Keep fresh legs running until 90+ mins when the defence is tired.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing him burn a player as much as the next guy, but he loses the ball all too frequently and I feel he's playing for himself and not the team sometimes, not looking for the pass but always trying to find the shot even from an awful angle. Plus he doesn't exactly track back and leaves the LB too exposed sometimes.

Not saying drop him entirely, but maybe reduce his pitch time slightly to give Ruben a chance down the wing where he created so much in the first month or two of the season.

Teams are starting to look out for him. Every time he got the ball in opposition half on Saturday he was marked by 2 or 3 players. Not his fault at all but his team mates need to see that as an opportunity elsewhere on the pitch. The didn't on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread