Muse (1 Viewer)

Tad

Anyone here got their new album?

Have to say I'm quite disappointed. I thought their last album was a bit off, but this one is just shocking. None of the lyrics grab you or are particularly well thought out. They still have great instrumental parts, but that's about it. Seems really poor and not on a Muse level of poor, just poor.

Otis

Heard some very good reviews to be honest and the 3 songs off the album I have heard I really liked.

They are experimenting though so that might not be to everyone's taste.

I loved the last 3 symphony tracks off the last album. 2 or 3 other very good tracks on it too.

kg82

To be honest, they haven't impressed me since Black Holes and Revelations. Last few albums have really disappointed me. Although there's no doubting their ability.

Tad

I did think that, but I'm wondering if people are just say that because its Muse. There isn't any Symphony songs on this sadly. two of the songs are sung by the Bass player too. Now, he's not a bad singer by any means, but he just doesn't sound right. His voice is more suited to being a backer then a lead and it really shows in these two songs.

To be honest, they haven't impressed me since Black Holes and Revelations. Last few albums have really disappointed me. Although there's no doubting their ability.

I echo that. There was 1 or 2 songs I liked in the last album, but that's it.

Last edited:
Tend to agree. The Resistance didn't really have too many stand out tracks as such, but what saved it for me was it was a concept album that actually worked as a whole. I'd play any Muse song at random to listen to but the Resistance worked best played all the way through.

Since then I disliked that Twilight monstrosity they put out, and also hated the Olympic song, although it works better on the album after the Prelude part. Will reserve judgement on the album as a whole until I play it through a few more times, Madness and Panic Station are the stand outs so far. But I think I'm going to have to force myself to like it.

I've not heard the Album yet, but the Olympic tune was an abomination. Madness however is an absolute Gem. I could listen to it on repeat all day.

jimmyhillsfanclub

does anyone else reckon "MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm madness" sounds like a Queen B-side?

....The guitar solo is Soooo Brian May its got its own poodle perm...

does anyone else reckon "MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm madness" sounds like a Queen B-side?

....The guitar solo is Soooo Brian May its got its own poodle perm...

YES YES YES. I have thought and stated since the first time that I heard it, it sounds a bit like Queen. A little Bohemian Rhapsody where all the guys harmonize on madNESS.

Last edited:

Tad

There's a bit of "another one bites the dust" in the song Panic Station too.

Tad

Liquid State is started to grow on me. Mainly the intrumental of it though...any truth in the rumour Supremacy was turned down to be the next James Bond song? Adele's Skyfall was picked instead. Got to admit though, her Skyfall song has classic James Bond Song written all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread