My beautiful wife RIP, (1 Viewer)

AOM

Very sorry to hear of your loss.
Wishing you and your family the very best

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hey guys I have been a member for a good few years and had season tickets with my son. Not been this season due to circumstances. I just want to share that yesterday afternoon I lost my beautiful wife and soul mate, she used to come to city games when we met, we are 25 yrs married in January, she's only 47 years old and we thought she had chest infection but she had heart failure, her dad and his brother both died at the age of 47, I don't want to ruin peoples happiness at this time of year, just love those around you because you don't know what's around the corner, I'll be back to watch city next year, but if anyone has any advice on this grieving stuff please let me know because it's hard. Thank you

My deepest condolences for your loss.

Although I've not lost someone as close as a wife, as others have said keep in close contact with friends and family. Having other people you care about around you will keep you going and although they might find it a bit awkward for fear of upsetting you they will be there for you. Don't be afraid to grieve. If you need to cry then don't hold it back. If it feels overwhelming contact your doctor and find out the contacts for bereavement charities who can help or put you in contact with others going through the same thing if that's what you want.

It must be incredibly raw right now and everything feels surreal. It will never be the same and you will always miss her, but over time it will get 'easier'.

Ccfcisparks

Hey guys I have been a member for a good few years and had season tickets with my son. Not been this season due to circumstances. I just want to share that yesterday afternoon I lost my beautiful wife and soul mate, she used to come to city games when we met, we are 25 yrs married in January, she's only 47 years old and we thought she had chest infection but she had heart failure, her dad and his brother both died at the age of 47, I don't want to ruin peoples happiness at this time of year, just love those around you because you don't know what's around the corner, I'll be back to watch city next year, but if anyone has any advice on this grieving stuff please let me know because it's hard. Thank you
Sorry to hear that bud. Take care of yourself. No good on the grieving side but if you ever need a chat just drop me a DM.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can't add any more comfort beyond what's already been posted, but my old man is a funeral celebrant and has had a lot of good feedback on services he has conducted in the past year and a half. Depending on when the service is I'm very happy to see if he could help, if you wanted.

Do whatever you need to do in these next few weeks mate.

LastGarrison

Grief is an individual thing and there is no right or wrong way to deal with it and people will say things that will either resonate or annoy you.

But just to echo what many have said if it feels that it is getting too much then reach out and speak to people. Honestly, sometimes speaking to a stranger is a lot easier than speaking to someone you know and as others on here have said happy for you to ping me a DM.

Time may not be a healer but it does get better.

Macca1987

Condolences Bres, not really anything anyone can say, I think we have all been through pain of loss, know that your friends and family (including your sky blue family) are thinking of you and yours at this sad time

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I feel so sad reading this, but can only reinforce what others on here have said. Surround yourself with as many good people as possible and reach out anytime you need too. Sending my condolences and best wishes.

RegTheDonk

Can't imagine what you're going through, just so sorry for you and hope you do get through it. Some good advice on this thread, I hope it gives you some guidance and comfort. RIP Mrs Brez.

SIR ERNIE

That's so tragic. Very sorry to hear that Brez. Best wishes.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I’m so sorry to hear your dreadful news and my thoughts and prayers are with you right now. Try to remember those happy memories you shared together, they will make you cry but also smile.
Pipkin seemed to have the right words.
If you need to speak or call then I will always be available.

brez

Hi guys, thank you for all your good wishes during the worst time of my life, I have spoke to professionals and am trying hard to do normal things, my wife's funeral is on 21st January and I just want to share her much loved page, I know I don't k ow many people on here but if anyone would like to donate anything, even £1.00 in Lisa's memory to chrohns and colitis UK it would be really appreciated. Lisa had chrohns and had some hard times dealing with it, she always tried to help others so I'm just trying to do one last thing for her. I understand either way as I k ow people don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment, thank you. Brez. Tribute to Lisa Breslin, 1974 - 2021

jimmyhillsfanclub

Hi guys, thank you for all your good wishes during the worst time of my life, I have spoke to professionals and am trying hard to do normal things, my wife's funeral is on 21st January and I just want to share her much loved page, I know I don't k ow many people on here but if anyone would like to donate anything, even £1.00 in Lisa's memory to chrohns and colitis UK it would be really appreciated. Lisa had chrohns and had some hard times dealing with it, she always tried to help others so I'm just trying to do one last thing for her. I understand either way as I k ow people don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment, thank you. Brez. Tribute to Lisa Breslin, 1974 - 2021

Tragic mate. I live with a chronic IBD myself. Your wife was younger than me. So sorry for your loss. Donated.

rob9872

Hi Brez - hate to ask at such a terrible time for you, but are you Ian?

I never made the connection between Brez and Breslin until I saw your wife's name and I know Ian is a City fan and it's not a surname like Smith.

*don't worry pal I'll still donate even if it's not you (well obviously it is you either way but you know what I mean!) :)

rob9872

Hi Brez - hate to ask at such a terrible time for you, but are you Ian?

I never made the connection between Brez and Breslin until I saw your wife's name and I know Ian is a City fan and it's not a surname like Smith.

*don't worry pal I'll still donate even if it's not you (well obviously it is you either way but you know what I mean!) :)
Scrap that, just seen that you're Tyrone but assume you must be related somewhere.

clint van damme

Donated, I know someone who suffers from chrohns, a good cause.

How you're coping OK Brez.

Also saw monners has made a donation, glad t see hes still knocking around even if he doesn't post anymore.

rob9872

Dropped a donation in, know a couple of people with Chrones and me and the missus suffer from IBD so have some sympathy. Good cause.

Random one, have you watched After Life on Netflix?
I thought about posting that too,having just watched both series last week in preparation for 3 from tomorrow.

In reality possibly a little soon and a bit too raw, but when he's ready its a perfect combination of sadness, humour, remembering and self deprecation.

brez

Dropped a donation in, know a couple of people with Chrones and me and the missus suffer from IBD so have some sympathy. Good cause.

Random one, have you watched After Life on Netflix?
Thank you for your donation, it really does mean so much to know that sky blues fans really are a big family, I had seen the first two series of after life, funnily me and the missus enjoyed it. I think I'd cry if I watched it now, I will though at some point in future, thanks again

brez

You know, I am so grateful to every post with advice and support and am amazed by fellow human beings on here. We support the same football team and don't know each other personally and yet your supporting me at this terrible time and donating to a great cause in memory of a really wonderful person. Thank you all.

shmmeee

Thank you for your donation, it really does mean so much to know that sky blues fans really are a big family, I had seen the first two series of after life, funnily me and the missus enjoyed it. I think I'd cry if I watched it now, I will though at some point in future, thanks again

Get that. Not the same but I still can’t watch shows I started with the ex wife. Thinking of you mate. Keep your head up.

pipkin73

Sorry Brez,
i can't pay anything in.

Really wish i could, but after the last few years, i am so broke (Julies cremation/legal costs then Covid).
Bank is maxed out and if i put anything in to contribute it would be gone before i could transfer the money.

Really hope that people can make a nice sum for Lisa's fund.

Glad that the people you have contacted have been able to help you.

Remember that there is no time scale on this.

I'm a few years into this now and know how your mood can change from one second to the next.

My heart is with you xx

brez

Sorry Brez,
i can't pay anything in.

Really wish i could, but after the last few years, i am so broke (Julies cremation/legal costs then Covid).
Bank is maxed out and if i put anything in to contribute it would be gone before i could transfer the money.

Really hope that people can make a nice sum for Lisa's fund.

Glad that the people you have contacted have been able to help you.

Remember that there is no time scale on this.

I'm a few years into this now and know how your mood can change from one second to the next.

My heart is with you xx
Absolutely no need to apologise, I don't expect anyone to donate, I just hope that anyone who feels they can, can. Your wishes are as good as a donation, thank you for taking the time to post to me.

Covkid1968#

I’ve got family living with this and have lost really good members of my family to it… so deepest sympathy for the loss…donated 🙏😞

pipkin73

Absolutely no need to apologise, I don't expect anyone to donate, I just hope that anyone who feels they can, can. Your wishes are as good as a donation, thank you for taking the time to post to me.
Time to post to you is easy mate.
I messaged before, that if you needed someone to talk to i am here.

Glad you have found people to talk to who have helped you, but if ever in the future you need a chat i will still be here.
I will pm you my number, use it if you want to.
I will always be happy to chat with you and will call you back as it's free for me.

Users who are viewing this thread