My evening with Mr Fisher (1 Viewer)

bamalamafizzfazz

I was at the Holiday Inn tonight and wanted to report back a few of the more important points raised and also details of a conversation I had with the main man when the press conference had ended.

I would just like to say I am not a fan of TF or SISU and hate the way they have run our club and treated our fans.

Before I continue, I wanted to add that at the start of the evening I noticed almost immediately that his body language was disgusting. At times he looked disinterested and even didn't answer some questions which were asked of him. I think though we have to consider that this is the third working day in a row that Mr Fisher has got up infront of fans and taken a bashing and I can imagine he has answered the same questions on more than one occasion and there has been some repetition.

Regarding the general forum questions, for me frustratingly there were still too many questions regarding financial happenings, previous regimes and mistakes that have been made. As far as I'm concerned we are where we are now and assuming that SISU will be our owners taking us forward I want to know what plans they have in place for our club.

I personally thought the comments about the policing of home games and the safety of fans, I also liked the comment surrounding midweek games and the time fans would get home after a game with children having school the following morning. The question from the gentleman whose son plays in the academy was good too and was actually met with quite an informative response in that the club are looking to work with Warwick Uni in future as part of the academy.

Anyway following the press conference I went and spoke directly to TF as I had a couple of burning questions I wanted him to answer which I didn't really have the confidence to ask infront of 250+ people over a microphone.

My first round of questions were surrounding the timing of the press conferences and did he think they were appropriately timed as right now there is so much uncertainty to the fans surrounding the ownership of the club and the plans for the future? And for me more importantly will there be another round of these press conferences in two to three weeks time when fans are expected to have definitive information about the short and long term plans of the club?

His response was that he had very much hoped to be able to come to these press conferences after the information had been released regarding where the club will be playing this upcoming season, transport assistance the club is providing and revised and reduced ticket prices but frustratingly he is unable to do so due to restrictions placed on him by the Football League. He also did not anticipate the administration process to have dragged out the way it has and had hoped it would all be resolved by now. He has assured me though that when this information is made available to fans he will be looking to meet again with fans in a similar capacity to have a more informed discussion where people can then make decisions and ask qustions based on factual information infront of them.

My next question was regarding FFP, with the FFP restrictions coming into force how do you think we are going to remain competitive past this season when the following season our only income comes from gate receipts alone which are anticipated to be much lower than previous seasons where we have still struggled to compete?

He advised that for this season the club will be operating on 60% of the revenue from the last season which is easily among the most competitve in the league. He said we currently have more than one player who is on £6k a week including some that are not even in Pressley's plans for the future. If we can remove these players from the squad then this money can be spread across the wages of three or four players who can be of equal if not better quality that Pressley wants to add to his playing staff and add value to the team keeping us competitive. He then went on to say that past that it becomes more difficult, there will be less money to spend on players the following season and it could be a tough road along the way.

I then had a discussion surrounding finance and asked if SISU use different businesses to muddy waters and make it difficult to be audited in a way a regular business would be? To this he gave me a generic answer about how hedgefunds use multiple businesses to hedge risk off to avoid one single company taking all the risk.

Anyway, apologies for rambling on but I hope you now appreciate as I do that TF has been a bit of a lamb to the slaughter by agreeing to do these press conferences when he is bound to secrecy from all angles including the club, the football league and the administrator and is unable to answer a lot of fans' questions which he had hoped to be able to do.

I hope you found my insights from the forum interesting and my questioning relevant and significant.

Delboycov

I was at the Holiday Inn tonight and wanted to report back a few of the more important points raised and also details of a conversation I had with the main man when the press conference had ended.

I would just like to say I am not a fan of TF or SISU and hate the way they have run our club and treated our fans.

Before I continue, I wanted to add that at the start of the evening I noticed almost immediately that his body language was disgusting. At times he looked disinterested and even didn't answer some questions which were asked of him. I think though we have to consider that this is the third working day in a row that Mr Fisher has got up infront of fans and taken a bashing and I can imagine he has answered the same questions on more than one occasion and there has been some repetition.

Regarding the general forum questions, for me frustratingly there were still too many questions regarding financial happenings, previous regimes and mistakes that have been made. As far as I'm concerned we are where we are now and assuming that SISU will be our owners taking us forward I want to know what plans they have in place for our club.

I personally thought the comments about the policing of home games and the safety of fans, I also liked the comment surrounding midweek games and the time fans would get home after a game with children having school the following morning. The question from the gentleman whose son plays in the academy was good too and was actually met with quite an informative response in that the club are looking to work with Warwick Uni in future as part of the academy.

Anyway following the press conference I went and spoke directly to TF as I had a couple of burning questions I wanted him to answer which I didn't really have the confidence to ask infront of 250+ people over a microphone.

My first round of questions were surrounding the timing of the press conferences and did he think they were appropriately timed as right now there is so much uncertainty to the fans surrounding the ownership of the club and the plans for the future? And for me more importantly will there be another round of these press conferences in two to three weeks time when fans are expected to have definitive information about the short and long term plans of the club?

His response was that he had very much hoped to be able to come to these press conferences after the information had been released regarding where the club will be playing this upcoming season, transport assistance the club is providing and revised and reduced ticket prices but frustratingly he is unable to do so due to restrictions placed on him by the Football League. He also did not anticipate the administration process to have dragged out the way it has and had hoped it would all be resolved by now. He has assured me though that when this information is made available to fans he will be looking to meet again with fans in a similar capacity to have a more informed discussion where people can then make decisions and ask qustions based on factual information infront of them.

My next question was regarding FFP, with the FFP restrictions coming into force how do you think we are going to remain competitive past this season when the following season our only income comes from gate receipts alone which are anticipated to be much lower than previous seasons where we have still struggled to compete?

He advised that for this season the club will be operating on 60% of the revenue from the last season which is easily among the most competitve in the league. He said we currently have more than one player who is on £6k a week including some that are not even in Pressley's plans for the future. If we can remove these players from the squad then this money can be spread across the wages of three or four players who can be of equal if not better quality that Pressley wants to add to his playing staff and add value to the team keeping us competitive. He then went on to say that past that it becomes more difficult, there will be less money to spend on players the following season and it could be a tough road along the way.

I then had a discussion surrounding finance and asked if SISU use different businesses to muddy waters and make it difficult to be audited in a way a regular business would be? To this he gave me a generic answer about how hedgefunds use multiple businesses to hedge risk off to avoid one single company taking all the risk.

Anyway, apologies for rambling on but I hope you now appreciate as I do that TF has been a bit of a lamb to the slaughter by agreeing to do these press conferences when he is bound to secrecy from all angles including the club, the football league and the administrator and is unable to answer a lot of fans' questions which he had hoped to be able to do.

I hope you found my insights from the forum interesting and my questioning relevant and significant.

SISU rent boy!.......Just kidding! I don't think his demeanour can be excused because he's had 3 forums in 3 working days as we have had a weekend in between. He came across as very rude and dismissive and when several questions were being asked you could see him drifting off with looks of disinterest and at times complete disdain for the questioners....there is NO excuse for this! This was his opportunity to show some empathy with us about what these plans mean to most of the fans..show a bit of passion for his big 'dream'....give us some hope other than just that in 10 years time we might be breaking even! He may have been a different character after the forum and I was tempted to find that out for myself but left at the end, however he had the platform to show that to us and has completely and utterly failed. I'm actually a lot more anti-SISU after these forums than I was before.....

Last edited:

RPHunt

"To this he gave me a generic answer about how hedgefunds use multiple businesses to hedge risk off to avoid one single company taking all the risk."

Thank you for the long post. Unfortunately, the answer above is misleading drivel, so I wouldn't have too much confidence in the rest of his answers.

J

Jack Griffin

So in saying
He advised that for this season the club will be operating on 60% of the revenue from the last season which is easily among the most competitve in the league.
He confirms staying at the Ricoh is the most sensible option.

As for hedge funds working with multiple companies, I'd count the entire CCFC group as one of the hedges, there will be other unrelated companies in SISU's portfolio.

wingy

He is being disingenuous if he's saying £2M. on player Budget is 60% of last seasons turnover ,our turnover last season will have been Circa £6M.

bamalamafizzfazz

SISU rent boy!.......Just kidding! I don't think his demeanour can be excused because he's had 3 forums in 3 working days as we have had a weekend in between. He came across as very rude and dismissive and when several questions were being asked you could see him drifting off with looks of disinterest and at times complete disdain for the questioners....there is NO excuse for this! This was his opportunity to show some empathy with us about what these plans mean to most of the fans..show a bit of passion for his big 'dream'....give us some hope other than just that in 10 years time we might be breaking even! He may have been a different character after the forum and I was tempted to find that out for myself but left at the end, however he had the platform to show that to us and has completely and utterly failed. I'm actually a lot more anti-SISU after these forums than I was before.....

Ha ha I did sound a bit pro sisu in my post. Just offering an honest if a little long opinion of the accounts of my evening. I agree his mannerisms were atrocious but at times some of the questions were just boring and repetitive. This does not excuse his actions I agree.

All I'm saying is right now we still not very little and I for one am reserving judgement until I have more facts.

bamalamafizzfazz

He is being disingenuous if he's saying £2M. on player Budget is 60% of last seasons turnover ,our turnover last season will have been Circa £6M.

This is where you lose me sorry. All he is saying is this season we should be fine as we're operating on a relative budget to last season but the following season we're up shit creak!

hill83

Cheers mate, typed it out once and deleted by mistake on my phone. Think the second draft was shorter than the first lol.

The fact you were able to ask questions and remember the answers to put them on here deserves 10 likes and a pint.

I'd have just got him in a headlock for as long as possible.

dongonzalos

This is where you lose me sorry. All he is saying is this season we should be fine as we're operating on a relative budget to last season but the following season we're up shit creak!

Wingy is explaining that if you are at the Ricoh you can survive if you are you not you are as you say up Shit creak so his own plan is a shocker, we need to be at the Ricoh

Delboycov

Ha ha I did sound a bit pro sisu in my post. Just offering an honest if a little long opinion of the accounts of my evening. I agree his mannerisms were atrocious but at times some of the questions were just boring and repetitive. This does not excuse his actions I agree.

All I'm saying is right now we still not very little and I for one am reserving judgement until I have more facts.

The thing that frustrated me most was he didn't answer a single question directly all night, whether they were boring or repetitive or not....he didn't do himself any favours at all in my opinion. He's only hamstrung with the details of what he can reveal because they put us into admin...they have put us under a transfer embargo...they have burnt the bridges between them and the Ricoh because of their mission to distress ACL and get the ground on the cheap, resulting in their crazy plan to move us out of the city against our will for years....I respect your views there but I've got no sympathy for him or SISU at all. If we are stuck with them then I'd prefer him to go because I think he has been a big part of the problem here...Maybe a new face will be more welcomed at the negotiating table by ACL....someone that hasn't reneged on deals and rubbished them at every turn. It was his thinly veiled threat of liquidating us "sharpish" which set this disastrous chain of events off in the first place.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Thanks for the report, but you believe all that?

a) Oh poor Fishey, he's all tired and stressed, didums..how's his pay-packet compared to say an NHS employee?
b) Don't believe "well. we thought we'd have information on the ground, but the nasty old FL won't let us say anything": no, because you don't at this moment own CCFC, you might never do so again, and it is not your place to comment on such matters. The reality is that the timing of the forums is because they feel a sudden burning need for a PR campaign (wonder why?). Anyone believing otherwise is very naive.
c) Didn't expect the administration to have dragged out this long? This has been a relatively short period time for a club to be in administration...and it's taken as long as it has because of the way you have structured the club and then made things very difficult for the administrator. Also hints at them assuming this whole thing was a formality with the club being given back to SISU...those bidding obviously beg to differ?
d) Re: "paying for transport..reduced ticket's...facts at people's hands"-that says that they are intending to move grounds still, and suggests that wouldn't we rather consider whether to follow them once we've been introduced to Mr. Bribe?
e) FFP-rules are rules, but Fisher's simple analysis reveals just what a Fisher out of water he is when it actually comes to talking about football. We can't simply just shuffle the like of Sheff and Bell off our wage bill...we are under embargo and all the players who could make us competitive will be gone by the time we're out...we didn't go up last year, so what makes him think that doing it on 60% budget will make it easier?...."well, Yeovil went up, and it's still a bigger budget than they had, so Championship here we come!" :facepalm:
f) He's the best darn paid, if not the best dressed, lamb since Larry Lamb.

I appreciate you reporting back, just don't see anything other than the usual delusion and spin from Fisher, sorry.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

If that's true about ffp rules then why did Swindon get stung this year? Why do all clubs have to submit details of their finances in early December?

Im not going to pretend I know my about it than him, but I suspect he is wrong there.

My understanding is that from August to December will go on the figures for early 2013, then the second half of the season will use the figures from the first half.

Basically by December we would be back under an embargo.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I love his irony here. Our turnover last year was so comparatively high as we were paying in one of the best grounds in the league; and he didn't pay one penny's rent on it.

He's in the crap the year after as that's when we're reliant on his endeavour and plans. Talk about a bloody cheek....

Otis

Feel the same. I haven't been anti-Sisu, but listening to Fisher on these forums has made me like him an awful lot less and he is there to represent Sisu and their interests.

If he was there to pacify and appease fans and try and get them onboard and gain their confidence, then it totally backfired!

Seems to me that Fisher was entirely the wrong person to front these forums because his 'people skills' came across as practically zero.

Last edited:

bamalamafizzfazz

Feel the same. I haven't been anti-Sisu, but listening to Fisher on these forums has made me like him an awful lot less and he is their to represent Sisu and their interests.

If he was there to pacify and appease fans and try and get them onboard, then it totally backfired!

Seems to me that Fisher was entirely the wrong person to front these forums because his 'people skills' came across as practically zero.

On this point I do agree.

dongonzalos

I think his people skills have dropped by the last one as he has done his job and no one really believed him and by then the bids were in.

He was just going through the motions.

He needed to get those bids as high as possible.

Noggin

yep and the season after that and the season after that and the first season in the new stadium.

We are going to have a new stadium providing all the revenues yay but we are in league 2 with a playing budget similar to aldershot town, our attendance in this new stadium will be dreadful(even if no one stays away on principle) and he's completely nuts if he thinks this will bring in revenue anything like staying at the ricoh and fighting to get back to the championship.

Ashdown1

Squad cuts, wages cuts, academy kids, all trying to compete in a very physical league, playing in front of a handful of home fans somewhere in the 'West Midlands'. Expect relegation if these morons cling on !!

ajsccfc

The thread title also reminded me of this

simpsons-andre.jpg

tellmemore.png

Sky Blue Kid

@ bamalamafizzfazz....

Thanks for the input mate,it was much needed.
Anyone remember one of my posts from about a month ago saying"What is in the highlighted section?"
We get rid of one high earner on £6k pw, and bring in 3 players with a total of £5k pw saving SISU £1k pw.
Dim Tim being totally delusional if he thinks Pressley will bring in 3 or 4 players who are better but on seriously lower wages?!?!
Never mind though, thanks Timmy for saying outright what I've said all along:claping hands:

bamalamafizzfazz

SBK

To be fair he made a good point yesterday that currently in football supply of players in the game far outweighs demand. This is something I agree with. You only have to look at the quality of players that have been released from the premiership and championship last week to understand this. He was alluding that some players are being paid loads for a league one team and transfer policy is changing. You have to agree that last season apart some of the signing ie, Moussa, Edge and especially Clarke were good signings and most likely cost less than or equal to average wages in league one. The flip side of this is you also get players not as good like Malaga, Fleck, Jennings etc who to be fair we expected to be god but just didn't cut the mustard. Nobody was to know this though. The more important point is that this season we should be fine and still be able to compete and hope to build a better squad but the next three seasons including the first season at 'Highfield 2' our money is a lot lower and survival is the more likely target than competing.

rupert_bear

I have thought all along the threat to play elsewhere for 3 years is bullshit and bluster. He confirmed to one question they have met a number of bodies with regards to this including the Police. This statement can be easily confirmed and the police views made known, i hope the local journos or even MPs get on that case and find out.

Steve.B50

I must agree with your comments regarding his body language. I have been to all three of the Forums and felt he looked tired and shady at last nights. Personally I feel sorry for TF , am sure he is not a bad person and we all have to understand he is only doing his job, he is a puppet for JS.
Some good points raised and am sure he did not like seeing my hand raised yet again but my thoughts are of us the supporters not for my sympathy for Mr Fisher.

J

Jack Griffin

It maybe true that there is wage deflation in the lower reaches of the football league, but that applies to every club, if SISU slash the budget by moving out of the Ricoh then they risk another demotion, it is a highly competitive environment & everyone else is fishing in the same sea.

Sky Blue Kid

@ bamalamafizzfazz....
Agreed there are good decent players out there with no Club...BUT! To attract a "Decent" player to CCFC is not a viable point...Would you come to CCFC on perhaps half or even a quarter of what you were getting if there is a chance of a team in the same league Prem/Champ coming in for you!
To say we had a good team last season is delusional by any standards. We had our arses smacked, and the "Double" done to us by (To put it bluntly) shit teams that were struggling near the bottom of L1. Yes we beat some of the top teams, but some of those games "Lady luck was well encamped" on our side
One player, and one player alone, gave us hope and an unprecedented start to our campaign..."Goldie" which for me and quite a few other fans gave us a false position in the league. Leon Clarke to a lesser extent kept the dream alive.:)

bamalamafizzfazz

@ bamalamafizzfazz....
Agreed there are good decent players out there with no Club...BUT! To attract a "Decent" player to CCFC is not a viable point...Would you come to CCFC on perhaps half or even a quarter of what you were getting if there is a chance of a team in the same league Prem/Champ coming in for you!
To say we had a good team last season is delusional by any standards. We had our arses smacked, and the "Double" done to us by (To put it bluntly) shit teams that were struggling near the bottom of L1. Yes we beat some of the top teams, but some of those games "Lady luck was well encamped" on our side
One player, and one player alone, gave us hope and an unprecedented start to our campaign..."Goldie" which for me and quite a few other fans gave us a false position in the league. Leon Clarke to a lesser extent kept the dream alive.:)

It wasn't McGoldrick single handedly that kept us up there also we had one of the best tactical managers in league. Things just didn't seem to go our way at home. I do think we had a degree of luck but you can't argue with the away record. Robbins was a very important cog and whether we like it or not he was appointed by Fisher and Waggott.
Also, I don't think we were in a false position. Your position in the league is directly related to your success. Do you think Watford fans cared that their success although not realised in the end was brought from loan players? Probably not, whether McGoldrick carried a lot of the burden or not he was still a legitimate Coventry player for a period of time and just because we had a loan player who was better than the club why does that give us a false position? We may see another one or two loan players this season who help us out, it's part of the game and winning games is the target and if loan players help in this then why would anyone complain.

Sky Blue Kid

@ bamalamafizzfazz....
I think you may be misreading my post a tad mate.
picture this scenario...(A lot of supporters have said the following) "Goldie"...If he had stayed was on a 50 goal target for the season(Would you not agree?)
Imo he was a very good L1 player, and was a class above anyone else in the league. I can recall approx 5/6 goals of his own making without assists from another player..ie- robbing defenders of the ball and scoring, etc. Our crosses from either flank was/is diabolical, but his speed over 10 yards was blistering and made goals for himself(And others) from nothing balls. At this point in time Mark Robins was on a phenomenal run of away wins and the odd home wins.
"Goldie" leaves and wins dry up shortly after this Robins leaves CCFC. Why?
Perhaps he realised his "Lucky Charm" "Goldie" was his "Meal ticket"....Tell me truthfully now, How has Robins done at Huddersfield? Don't bother..I'll tell you...Shite! is the only word to describe it. He just managed to keep them up, and if he's still in charge next season, I think he will bring them down to our league.

J

Jack Griffin

@ bamalamafizzfazz....
I think you may be misreading my post a tad mate.
picture this scenario...(A lot of supporters have said the following) "Goldie"...If he had stayed was on a 50 goal target for the season(Would you not agree?)
Imo he was a very good L1 player, and was a class above anyone else in the league. I can recall approx 5/6 goals of his own making without assists from another player..ie- robbing defenders of the ball and scoring, etc. Our crosses from either flank was/is diabolical, but his speed over 10 yards was blistering and made goals for himself(And others) from nothing balls. At this point in time Mark Robins was on a phenomenal run of away wins and the odd home wins.
"Goldie" leaves and wins dry up shortly after this Robins leaves CCFC. Why?
Perhaps he realised his "Lucky Charm" "Goldie" was his "Meal ticket"....Tell me truthfully now, How has Robins done at Huddersfield? Don't bother..I'll tell you...Shite! is the only word to describe it. He just managed to keep them up, and if he's still in charge next season, I think he will bring them down to our league.

I think he'll keep them above mid table.. we shall see.

bamalamafizzfazz

SBK

I agree whole heartedly but I stand by my point that it still wasn't a false league position. You could say we were punching above our weight when we had McGoldrick but he still won for the team. It's very hard to find the quality of replacement for him but they did OK with his eventual replacement in Clarke and both if these players were brought in under ownership by Fisher and management by Robbins.

I agree that Robbins hasn't cut it at Huddersfield but he hit his brief of keeping them up and I expect him to push on next season.

For me until that night against Crewe the season was AMAZING and watching a winning team was the best feeling I had in about 15 years which is our situation now is so crushing.

At the end of the day we're all working towards the same end goal of having a winning team.

Sky Blue Kid

Agree with the winning ethic mate, but truly hope for a new owner to do it with.:)
PS...It wasn't Robins who signed "Goldie",

DaleM

The fact you were able to ask questions and remember the answers to put them on here deserves 10 likes and a pint.

I'd have just got him in a headlock for as long as possible.

And rubbed his head vigorously with knuckles until he agreed to fuck off

Users who are viewing this thread