My evening with Mr Fisher (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

I have thought all along the threat to play elsewhere for 3 years is bullshit and bluster. He confirmed to one question they have met a number of bodies with regards to this including the Police. This statement can be easily confirmed and the police views made known, i hope the local journos or even MPs get on that case and find out.

You're absolutely right, I'm going to call 999 now and ask them if Fisher has been in touch with them.

J

Jack Griffin

Can anyone give me an example of one major stadium that was built within 3 or 4 years of the intention to build it being publicly announced?

I'll use TF's example of Brentford as clearly he feels it is appropriate model, from http://www.brentfordcommunitystadium.com/
Brentford Football Club is planning to move from its existing stadium at Griffin Park to a new purpose built community stadium at a site in Lionel Road South, Brentford.

After many years of effort this project took a step forward on 28th June 2012, when the Club bought a 7.6 acre site in Lionel Road from Barratt Homes who had originally acquired the site in January 2008, for a development in partnership with the Club.

Ermmm... so far 5 1/2 years & only got to planning stage. http://www.brentfordcommunitystadium.com/?p=292

The Chairman of Brentford Football Club, Greg Dyke, commenting before he steps down to become Chairman of the Football Association said:

“Brentford has been looking to move to a new stadium for 15 years.

“The site at Lionel Road was identified as the ideal location more than 10 years ago.

“After all the hard work we are extremely proud to submit this bold and exciting planning application now.

Realistically its a 10 year project start to finish... or in fact more likely total bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajsccfc

I don't know about time from announcement, but from start of building to opening I remember the Stade de France going up remarkably quickly.

J

Jack Griffin

I don't know about time from announcement, but from start of building to opening I remember the Stade de France going up remarkably quickly.

In what way can a prestige stadium built with the full backing of the French government to hold the prestigious world cup final and subsequently be the home of the national Football & Rugby teams be compared to an opposed 3rd division football ground?

As it happens, the project was announced in 1992 and completed in 1998, in a little under 6 years, yes very quick, but backed to the hilt by the state.

I think I have to exclude state backed stadia built for the Olympics, the World Cup or other major international sports events .. that is a different situation altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajsccfc

I'm not comparing, you just asked about quick stadiums and that came to mind, that's all. I'm not really saying 'if FFF can do it...' or anything. It's more 'here's some semi-related trivia'

bigfatronssba

In an effort to raise funds CCFC (Holdings) in conjuction with Sisu Motion Pictures have released the forums on one action packed DVD.

Available from all good Market Barrows.

070719064404_l.jpg

chiefdave

I'd imagine you can get plans for stadiums pretty much off the shelf and the time to do the actual building itself shouldn't be an issue. The problem is going to be the time it takes to get the land and get planning permission through. That's assuming they've got the finance in place.

Users who are viewing this thread