Never trust pit bull dogs! (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Woman raised two pit bulls from puppies. Neighbours said the dogs were 'gentle'. But they suddenly reverted to their true nature, went for her throat, killed her and ate her.
US woman mauled to death by her dogs

Astute

Depends on the owners, can never always just blame a breed
Correct most of the time. But not always. And that is the problem.

Look at how many children get attacked by dogs that have always been loving and friendly.

Nick

Administrator
Correct most of the time. But not always. And that is the problem.

Look at how many children get attacked by dogs that have always been loving and friendly.
How often are they labs and Jack Russells though compared to other breeds?

Obviously some dogs will do more damage and some dogs will just be wrong uns but a lot is still down to up bringing.

Have big dogs myself and would never leave them alone with children because there is always that 1% there of what if. Also have little dogs and wouldn't leave them alone with other people's kids, but they can be with mine now she is older.

Never understood leaving their dogs with a baby, or with a small child who's eating.

Dogs eating their owner is very strange though, have heard of it in the past when the owner has passed out or died and it's happened.

Adge

Been attacked by dogs a few times and people may (or may not) be surprised that Jack Russell's,Chihuahua's and smaller dogs are the worst.

Astute

Depends on the owners, can never always just blame a breed
How often are they labs and Jack Russells though compared to other breeds?

Obviously some dogs will do more damage and some dogs will just be wrong uns but a lot is still down to up bringing.

Have big dogs myself and would never leave them alone with children because there is always that 1% there of what if. Also have little dogs and wouldn't leave them alone with other people's kids, but they can be with mine now she is older.

Never understood leaving their dogs with a baby, or with a small child who's eating.

Dogs eating their owner is very strange though, have heard of it in the past when the owner has passed out or died and it's happened.
I agree. But your first post blames the owner.

Nick

Administrator
Been attacked by dogs a few times and people may (or may not) be surprised that Jack Russell's,Chihuahua's and smaller dogs are the worst.
Can easily believe it. Know of a fair few that can't be around children, people or other dogs. They don't do as much damage so people think it's cute or funny.and put it down to them being grumpy.

Nick

Administrator
I agree. But your first post blames the owner.
Oh, was just talking in general in reply to never trusting a dog based on breed. In this case it's hard to say what caused it. Obviously the dogs fault but to just turn and eat their owner for no reason is extreme.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Dog of choice for the scallies up here is the pitbull-lurcher.........can't fight it, can't out-run it........who needs a knife or gun if you're armed with one of these beasts eh?

Twats.

Gazolba

They might attack you, but there is no way they will kill and eat you like a pit bull would.

Nick

Administrator
They might attack you, but there is no way they will kill and eat you like a pit bull would.

How often does that happen with any breed?

I'd bet more die from horse related injuries.

You do love a bit of scare mongering.

Sick Boy

I got attacked by a dog when I was a toddler and am not embarrassed to admit that I never feel completely comfortable around them and get a moment of panic when I see one near me out and about off its lead.

dancers lance

Woman raised two pit bulls from puppies. Neighbours said the dogs were 'gentle'. But they suddenly reverted to their true nature, went for her throat, killed her and ate her.
US woman mauled to death by her dogs

Any dog that considers itself above a pack member or top of the pack hierarchy, will always have little respect, bully and even attack those it thinks are below it. Domesticated canines see all family members as part of this pack, any dog needs to be told it's position and in a family home this has to be the bottom, this is even more true when it comes to breeds that are seriously alpha and will challenge the pack leader to try and gain dominance if not correctly handled (pit bull types are very alpha).

We had a Rotty from a puppy and he grew into a nine stone giant and was a very alpha dog but he new his place in the pack and I trusted him 100%. he was amazing with my kids (very protective of them) he would sleep with them and they rode him round like a horse, I could leave a steak in the middle of the floor and walk out the room and he wouldn't touch it until told him he could, I still miss him dearly.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I can balance a treat on my dogs paw or nose & he won't have it until told........but can i stop him rolling in fox shit......not a fucking chance

dancers lance

I can balance a treat on my dogs paw or nose & he won't have it until told........but can i stop him rolling in fox shit......not a fucking chance
Fox shit = dog cocaine, the love it, rolling about in it dribbling with glee, my dog would do all of the aforementioned then hover over the spot "air fucking" an invisible entity, bellend.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My little git loves rolling around in bird shit, especially seagull shit, of which there is plenty of down here! He also seems to find small dead things fun to rub himself over e.g. dead worms or birds in the grass. He just HAS to roll round in them!

CJ_covblaze

A mate of my dads was fitting a new patio door at an old lady’s house. He told her over and over again that her yorkie was being a nuicense and he couldn’t work safely whilst it was nipping at his feet. She didn’t do anything about it. He started to knock a few bricks out with a lump hammer and on one of his back swings he heard a yelp and a thud. Needless to say it wasn’t pretty!

dancers lance

A mate of my dads was fitting a new patio door at an old lady’s house. He told her over and over again that her yorkie was being a nuicense and he couldn’t work safely whilst it was nipping at his feet. She didn’t do anything about it. He started to knock a few bricks out with a lump hammer and on one of his back swings he heard a yelp and a thud. Needless to say it wasn’t pretty!
Did she live? I hope so, otherwise that poor dog would have had to find a new home.

Nick

Administrator
Old people are usually the worst for it with them.

Users who are viewing this thread