New CEO idea (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

From all sides it would be a pretty shittier idea than shit iteself

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hoffman said he and the others know they are throwing their money away anyway. They are doing it purely to save the club.
So what better way than to put the future of the club in his hands. with the club having the best budget in the league.

If he is running the club you negate him as a threat.

The legal action will fail. IfitdropsHoffman looks a hero. He gets the deals signed, over along time SISU chip away at the debt without crystallising it.

The alternative is lose legal action sell the squad and Ryton crytalise £20 million
They won't put money into the club if Sisu remain as owners.

No you don't negate him as a threat, he was on the board before and left because he was trying to manoeuvre a takeover of the club.

Lastly that doesn't answer the final question, why would Sisu let him drop the legal action? Only Sisu can stop the legal action and all signs so far say they have no intention of giving it up.

All in all, definitely one of your worse ideas drongo.

dongonzalos

They won't put money into the club if Sisu remain as owners.

No you don't negate him as a threat, he was on the board before and left because he was trying to manoeuvre a takeover of the club.

Lastly that doesn't answer the final question, why would Sisu let him drop the legal action? Only Sisu can stop the legal action and all signs so far say they have no intention of giving it up.

All in all, definitely one of your worse ideas drongo.

You negate him as a threat as he is now the responsible for making a success. He us back where he was but now he has the final veto. He also has the top budget for the league he is in. He also seems to have a good manager.

If they don't put money in with SISU as owners unless they come up with 10 million up front. Then why bother as SUSU are not budging.
Alternatively get exactly the same via this suggestion.
They stick with the legal action and write off 30 million.
They ditch it and potentially they get to chip away at the 30 million over 15 years and never have to disclose a lose of more than 10 million.

I have explained how thisan works. Please explain to me how the current SUSU plan wirks and how it is better than chancing this one,

dongonzalos

Hardly great role models. Is the barrel scraped?

No it's just they are currently in post and they have other jobs. So that's not a reason to be anti the idea of taking on a Cov fan.
Keep coming up with reasons though.
As a super Cov fan I am very surprised you wouldn't be all up for him.

singers_pore

Hoffman has no experience in football and is in full time employment.

Indeed it does worry me that we could again be in a situation where the owners of the club are not managing the club on a full-time basis. In my opinion, this is a major reason that SISU have done so badly since they have owned us. I would be a lot more confident if one of the consortium stood up and said that he plans to be the club's CEO on a full time basis and that he has a past record of business success.

rupert_bear

Indeed it does worry me that we could again be in a situation where the owners of the club are not managing the club on a full-time basis. In my opinion, this is a major reason that SISU have done so badly since they have owned us. I would be a lot more confident if one of the consortium stood up and said that he plans to be the club's CEO on a full time basis and that he has a past record of business success.
I am sure this consortium have all sorts of plans and disclosures to announce including the CEO post if or when they get their feet under the table, my betting the groundwork has been done just need to shift Seapalla out now.

Nick

Administrator
No it's just they are currently in post and they have other jobs. So that's not a reason to be anti the idea of taking on a Cov fan.
Keep coming up with reasons though.
As a super Cov fan I am very surprised you wouldn't be all up for him.

Yes, and it's been said consistently we need somebody full time. Cov fan or not.

As a super cov fan I can see this thread is a load of shite and being in cloud cuckoo land.

stupot07

This is a rediculous idea, a real non-starter for all the reasons mentioned above plus more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

SISU would be better off.
Offering Hoffman the new CEO role.
Give him all power to make decisions.
They become a very silent partner.
However his couple of million is spent on the club.
He strikes his long term rental deal.
He galvanises the fans.
He does everything most of us understands that needs to be done for the good of the football club
Building bridges with the council, Wasps and most importantly the fans.
He drops the legal action.
And what if Hoffman spunks his couple of million up the wall, fails to get us promoted and quits, having dropped legal action and signed a long term rent deal? Exactly how are SISU better off then?

dongonzalos

And what if Hoffman spunks his couple of million up the wall, fails to get us promoted and quits, having dropped legal action and signed a long term rent deal? Exactly how are SISU better off then?

Because we will not be
on our arses renting in Nuneaton or the equivalent having failed at the expensive legal action again, trying to sell something that is worth even less as it doesn't have a secure future.

Grendel

Which is still a job

No it isn't - they are not contractually obliged to another separate entity which will have a contract of employment preventing them taking a role in another organisation

Even if they don't do you think CCFC is a Saturday only job?

His other job he can just toddle off at lunchtime - sorry chaps got my other £800k a year job now.

This is up there with the dumbest ideas you've had.

Esoterica

Because we will not be
on our arses renting in Nuneaton or the equivalent having failed at the expensive legal action again, trying to sell something that is worth even less as it doesn't have a secure future.
But now you're projecting things we as fans want onto SISU when clearly they aren't bothered by either expensive legal action or not having a long term rent deal. They don't need Hoffman to do either of those things if it's what they really desire.

dongonzalos

But now you're projecting things we as fans want onto SISU when clearly they aren't bothered by either expensive legal action or not having a long term rent deal. They don't need Hoffman to do either of those things if it's what they really desire.

I agree there, they are again following a path to the abyss instead very bizzare.
They would need Hoffman to get nearly 2 million to spend on the playing squad and get the fans back on side and have a good relationship with the council and Wasps.
Hoffman would need the legal action dropped to do all of that.
Do I think SISU would take this route, no
Do I think they should, yes.
Do I think Hoffman would, if he felt there was no other way, yes.
The rest of his consortium I can only judge by him. That is the unknown quantity

dongonzalos

No it isn't - they are not contractually obliged to another separate entity which will have a contract of employment preventing them taking a role in another organisation

Even if they don't do you think CCFC is a Saturday only job?

His other job he can just toddle off at lunchtime - sorry chaps got my other £800k a year job now.

This is up there with the dumbest ideas you've had.

If you class it as dumb then it had real promise.
Supporting rent strikes
Telling us SISU will win the legal action
Then suggesting they lost on purpose.
Contracts are their to be broken.
Disagreeing with signing a rental deal.
Disagreeing with buying ACL over a staged period of time.

It gives the idea hope if you think it is dumb.

Grendel

If you class it as dumb then it had real promise.
Supporting rent strikes
Telling us SISU will win the legal action
Then suggesting they lost on purpose.
Contracts are their to be broken.
Disagreeing with signing a rental deal.
Disagreeing with buying ACL over a staged period of time.

It gives the idea hope if you think it is dumb.

This is boring - I'm out - yes it's stupid and its not in a million years capable of happening.

To be fair you've just reminded me in the ACL idea where you said the council could drip feed shares if sisu met council led objectives regarding the football club.

That was dumber.

So many cunning plans you should audition for the next series of Blackadder.

dongonzalos

This is boring - I'm out - yes it's stupid and its not in a million years capable of happening.

To be fair you've just reminded me in the ACL idea where you said the council could drip feed shares if sisu met council led objectives regarding the football club.

That was dumber.

So many cunning plans you should audition for the next series of Blackadder.

Drio feeding ownership of ACL to SISU in exchange for achieving commitments to the academy the playing squad, the community.
You would have ended with a well run club that eventually owned ACL.

Instead SISU went the way you felt was best, distress another business, break contracts, sue people, alienate your partners. Make drastic cuts to the football side of things. Don't drive up revenue.
As you said SISU make decisions that are good for this club and that is all you care about so you back those decisions.

Two relegations later
Academy base sold to and to be used by another sporting team
Legal action failed spectacularly
ACL sold to another sporting team.
Our future screwed

I think we can all safely say you haven't got a clue about what is good for the future of this club.
Also that SISU's decisions are what are best for SISU the club come second

On top of that it seems you haven't got a clue about what makes a good footballer or not as well.....

Gael Bigirimana named CCFPA's Player of the Season

Brylowes

As much as I'd like to see the back of Fisher, him departing CCFC would be
Akin to a disgusting wet fart departing a "rancid toxic festering Arsehole" it's
Not enough.
I just can't see a future for this club with them playing any part in it, the club
Desperately needs a fresh start, sadly I think that's as far away now as ever.

dongonzalos

You're saying sisu retain 100% ownership the club, but Hoffman run it and the investors put their money in to fund promotion? How will they be investing?

One of Tim Fishers main tasks was to source other investment but SISU to still be involved in the ownership.
He failed,this would be you invest, we retain ownership. You have your man making the decisions abd spending your money.
If it's successful you get a return.

stupot07

One of Tim Fishers main tasks was to source other investment but SISU to still be involved in the ownership.
He failed,this would be you invest, we retain ownership. You have your man making the decisions abd spending your money.
Still not sure how this would work, you're suggesting some kind of loan (invest and get a return), if you want to use all allowable funds for the team, then FFP only allows you to use 55% of total football income. Money would need to be injected as Equity which means purchasing/issuing shares. Sisu would no longer own 100% of the business, and shareholders (I think?) then have some liability of the debts. (Donations are also allowable, but there are no return on their investment if we were successful)

This is why this idea is a complete non starter.

Last edited:

hill83

70949-simon-cowell-please-stop-gif-UNRo.gif

dongonzalos

Still not sure how this would work, you're suggesting some kind of loan (invest and get a return), if you want to use all allowable funds for the team, then FFP only allows you to use 55% of total football income. Money would need to be injected as Equity which means purchasing/issuing shares. Sisu would no longer own 100% of the business, and shareholders (I think?) then have some liability of the debts. (Donations are also allowable, but there are no return on their investment if we were successful)

This is why this idea is a complete non starter.

Think you need to let SISU know then.....

TF. I’ve got to continue to source co-investment, provide the interim leadership for the business while I lead the recruitment process for what will be a locally based managing director. KP. Can I just pick you up on co-investment. You are looking for a partner? TF. Co-investment is exactly that. Sisu are not looking for an exit. They are in this for the long term. KP. There is now an emphasis on local involvement, why is that? You can obviously see what I am getting at given we’ve had directors from Canada and Portugal. You have to look at the history of Sisu’s involvement. They bought Coventry City when it was about to go bust, the very bottom financially. They restructured the finances and the company. We then moved onto another phase and had Ken who was experienced in working with football clubs and with businesses that had even gone into administration so he was experienced at turnaround. We are now in the next phase which is hopefully an upturn, so it is now time to hand over to local management. If you look at Sisu’s other investments, they have firms in France, Germany and China. Sisu come in and do the heavy lifting and put in place all the financial cornerstones and then they bring in local management. If you look at those businesses now, in France they are all French managers and from the area, same in Germany and same in China but you have to have horses for courses. Ken came in and started the turnaround process, I am carrying on with that but there is a stage we must move to with a locally based MD and chairman because we have to build local relationships and I want somebody local to do that. With the chairman it is important that we have someone who understands the folk around here and the culture

Nick

Administrator

TF. I’ve got to continue to source co-investment, provide the interim leadership for the business while I lead the recruitment process for what will be a locally based managing director. KP. Can I just pick you up on co-investment. You are looking for a partner? TF. Co-investment is exactly that. Sisu are not looking for an exit. They are in this for the long term. KP. There is now an emphasis on local involvement, why is that? You can obviously see what I am getting at given we’ve had directors from Canada and Portugal. You have to look at the history of Sisu’s involvement. They bought Coventry City when it was about to go bust, the very bottom financially. They restructured the finances and the company. We then moved onto another phase and had Ken who was experienced in working with football clubs and with businesses that had even gone into administration so he was experienced at turnaround. We are now in the next phase which is hopefully an upturn, so it is now time to hand over to local management. If you look at Sisu’s other investments, they have firms in France, Germany and China. Sisu come in and do the heavy lifting and put in place all the financial cornerstones and then they bring in local management. If you look at those businesses now, in France they are all French managers and from the area, same in Germany and same in China but you have to have horses for courses. Ken came in and started the turnaround process, I am carrying on with that but there is a stage we must move to with a locally based MD and chairman because we have to build local relationships and I want somebody local to do that. With the chairman it is important that we have someone who understands the folk around here and the culture

People aren't disagreeing about getting rid of Fisher for somebody better, they are saying Hoffman and the ideas in particular....

dongonzalos

People aren't disagreeing about getting rid of Fisher for somebody better, they are saying Hoffman and the ideas in particular....

The Hoffman consortium may have someone else in mind as CEO.
Personally I trust the bloke but I do accept Grendels point about Hoffman's main job.
The idea that SISU would not accept in the consortiums investment in exchange for allowing them to make the decisions. I am not so sure that isn't possible.

stupot07

Well done for finding an article from 8th Dec 2011.......the landscape has moved on a tad since then.....

Tim Fisher exclusive: The last thing on SISU's mind is administration

letsallsingtogether

Can sisu sell the club but carry on with the legal stuff?
After all they believe it cost them millions.

Sorry if it's out there somewhere I have missed it.....

Users who are viewing this thread