New Coins for The King (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I was wondering what exactly you were unsure of concerning the squirrel. (Messed about a little with 'pray continue')

Got ya. They're vermin aren't they, though tomrad seems to think its a red squirrel which is a bit more acceptable, I'll take his word that it is

oscillatewildly

Got ya. They're vermin aren't they, though tomrad seems to think its a red squirrel which is a bit more acceptable, I'll take his word that it is
Just those grey yankee invasive ones that are vermin. The fine red on the other hand....
The greys carry some kind of virus which kills off our indigenous reds when they come into contact.
In true poor research instances though, it wouldn't surprise me to find that the image on the coin was that of a grey!

TomRad85

I think they're bees.
Let's be honest, we're not exactly blessed with a smorgasbord of exotic wild life in this country.
They are supposed to be bees but they do look curiously fly-like. I'm a bee fan, I'll always help a bee in peril, but its still a bug.
I'd like to start a petition in favour of the badger, its my ambition to see a living one rather than an obliterated one on a dual carriageway one day.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

They are supposed to be bees but they do look curiously fly-like. I'm a bee fan, I'll always help a bee in peril, but its still a bug.
I'd like to start a petition in favour of the badger, its my ambition to see a living one rather than an obliterated one on a dual carriageway one day.

Thought it was just me, never seen one living, dead one's everywhere though.

Terry_dactyl

I saw a live one the other week! Ran across the road in front of me. Fucking massive!

LastGarrison

Why? As long as a penny remains a unit of currency there will always be a need for it as a coin.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
That was my point, to take them out of currency.

In the age of contactless transactions and reduction in cash payments is there a need for those small denominations of coins? Are they used as much as they were?

It probably costs the same to produce them as they’re worth!

Macca1987

It's the mindset of the supplier, they believe if you say something is £5.99 instead of £6.00 the customer will be convinced it's in the £5 range, so the need to give 1p back

rob9872

It's the mindset of the supplier, they believe if you say something is £5.99 instead of £6.00 the customer will be convinced it's in the £5 range, so the need to give 1p back
Could do £5.95 although I'd get rid of 5ps too. I do remember reading some years ago it would have a big impact on inflation, but not sure that argument holds these days. Would have to be a grace period to prepare of about 18 months so perhaps one for the next government.

shmmeee

Apparently it’s common in some countries to round up, but they still put the x.95 price.

duffer

I read the title of the thread and thought, surely the bugger has got enough coin already...

Users who are viewing this thread