New First Team Coach - Dennis Lawrence (2 Viewers)

kg82

I have some very vague recollection of this guy playing for Trinidad. Absolutely huge, isn’t he?

Alkhen

Has some solid experience under his belt for sure, hoping he still has contacts at Everton

skybluereeve

Ha ha me to pal. Please please not Waghorn

QUOTE="Saddlebrains, post: 2301817, member: 10697"]
Someone on here called it.

But also said Waghorn was a done deal.

If Waghorn and Sarkic are our first 2 signings id be hugely depressed
[/QUOTE]

rexo87

Yeah without hijacking the thread. Waghorn is an improvement on max, baka and possibly gyo so...let's not get silly here
Thinking about it Waghorn is actually a very similar player to Gyo. Works hard and strong but looks a bit awkward and not exactly brilliant in front of goal

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Would you be happy with that then? Waghorn and Sarkic?
As opposed to what alternative? Waghorn I’m sceptical about due to potential wages, but he’s definitely an improvement on Baka, Biamou and Gyorkeres - scored 16 goals in 17/18 in this league, better than James Collins.

Sarkic is 6ft 5 and apparently good coming out for crosses. Clearly an upgrade on Wilson

D

Deleted member 11652

As opposed to what alternative? Waghorn I’m sceptical about due to potential wages, but he’s definitely an improvement on Baka, Biamou and Gyorkeres - scored 16 goals in 17/18 in this league, better than James Collins.

Sarkic is 6ft 5 and apparently good coming out for crosses. Clearly an upgrade on Wilson

problem is I don’t want upgrades on Wilson and Biamou. We need upgrades on Godden and Marosi

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

problem is I don’t want upgrades on Wilson and Biamou. We need upgrades on Godden and Marosi
Given that Waghorn has scored more championship goals in one season than Godden has in his career I’d suggest Waghorn is.

Jury is out on Sarkic, can’t really comment other than what I’ve read, but Marosi was dropped for Wilson last season, so the upgrade would have to be on our current keeper

D

Deleted member 11652

Given that Waghorn has scored more championship goals in one season than Godden has in his career I’d suggest Waghorn is.

Jury is out on Sarkic, can’t really comment other than what I’ve read, but Marosi was dropped for Wilson last season, so the upgrade would have to be on our current keeper

I’m not saying he isn’t I just don’t see why we’re measuring our signings on Biamou and Wilson who are League 2 at their very best. If Waghorn is an improvement on Godden and Walker then great.

Marosi had a good season for us in league 1. Sarkic has had a mediocre one in admittedly a worse team. I hope he is an improvement on Marosi.

Users who are viewing this thread