New ground (1 Viewer)

Glen

Been a while since posting, been reading for a long time. I feel we will build new ground as council will not sell us Ricoh. So how big will the new ground be?

jon92

We already missed the deadline to submit the plans or something can't see a ground being built anytime soon

ccfclinney

We will own the new ground,
There was talk of a 15k stadium with the ability to expand when needed. Some money will be paid by sisu and some from company's who will have retail shops on the land and some loan, which will be paid back as the club will have revenue from the tickets, renting shops out, food and drinks and car parks where they didn't have any of that at the Ricoh

theferret

There was talk of a 15k stadium with the ability to expand when needed. Some money will be paid by sisu and some from company's who will have retail shops on the land and some loan, which will be paid back as the club will have revenue from the tickets, renting shops out, food and drinks and car parks where they didn't have any of that at the Ricoh

It's at this point people stick their fingers in their ears and shout LALALALALALA at the top of their voice. That, and call you names and pretend they are all experts on this country's planning laws.

Nick

Administrator
It's at this point people stick their fingers in their ears and shout LALALALALALA at the top of their voice. That, and call you names and pretend they are all experts on this country's planning laws.

They will also state it is fact that they will charge us silly rent for this new ground while defending the council, who charged us silly rent...

I.really hope the club does own the ground but at the minute, everything is just speculation isn't it yet people like to state things as fact.

RPHunt

And more shops are just what is needed aren't they? It's not like you see them closing down every day of the week.

Surprising someone else hasn't thought of this, but obviously not every one has SISU's business sense.

Nick

Administrator
And more shops are just what is needed aren't they? It's not like you see them closing down every day of the week.

Surprising someone else hasn't thought of this, but obviously not every one has SISU's business sense.

Usually because of councils high rates, just saying....

It depends what sort of shop I guess, the out of town shopping centres seen ok

James Smith

They will also state it is fact that they will charge us silly rent for this new ground while defending the council, who charged us silly rent...

I.really hope the club does own the ground but at the minute, everything is just speculation isn't it yet people like to state things as fact.

Even if the club doesn't own the ground we move to (which is obviously not impossible) the rent has to be set at a sustainable level and include revenues. It's not impossible that if SISU do decide to sell up to someone else before any new ground is built, that we could be back at the RICOH on a long lease that includes all the revenues. Having read Joy's Interview I don't believe that we will be back at the RICOH anytime soon and that means a new ground. I don't have a problem with a new ground I'm just frustrated that SISU have got nothing to show us that it's happening and because of that we may be in Nothampton for many years. SISU may set a high rent in our new home but there isn't any evidence they will and the recent charm offensive possibly makes that less likely.

We don't need to own the freehold as others have stated, a long lease akin to the one ACL have would be sufficient and if the lease was long enough the rent could be sufficiently low for us. Say it starts at £100-150k and goes up by RPI each year, profit from other activies such as concerts/exhibitions would pay off the rent and anything left over could go towards funding the club.

It's very nice of the SISU Capital Investors and the Avro Master Fund in particular to keep paying for our self enforced exile in Northampton, (must be costing a packet) but it would be better for us to be in Coventry whilst the new ground is built. Sadly as Joy said in the interview she won't be giving ACL any money anytime soon. So let's hope that the investors are able to continue to fund us in Northampton for as long as the ground takes to get built which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

Been a while since posting, been reading for a long time. I feel we will build new ground as council will not sell us Ricoh. So how big will the new ground be?

About 32-34,000, Located near Tesco's or similar shopping facility with the potential for a new train station nearby. Close connectivity to a motorway like the M6. And of course it should be in Coventry.
Can't see it being built though. Not sure if there is anywhere that large left in Coventry and SISU wouldn't be able to raise the cash, and if they said they will then its odds on its another porky.

Who's the "WE" ccfclinney, I will bet my house on the fact that under SISU CCFC will never own a stadium. SISU will and rent it back, even if they were to own the RICOH.

James Smith

About 32-34,000, Located near Tesco's or similar shopping facility with the potential for a new train station nearby. Close connectivity to a motorway like the M6. And of course it should be in Coventry.
Can't see it being built though. Not sure if there is anywhere that large left in Coventry and SISU wouldn't be able to raise the cash, and if they said they will then its odds on its another porky.
I thought the plan was to sell off the surrounding land for development and pay for the majority of stadium that way, a bit like the Ricoh and Tesco.

wes_cov

look at all the empty units at the new "warwicshire shopping park" by morrisons up Binley...... pretty close to the Brandon site and they can't get shops in!

Astute

LALALALALALALALA

I don't know a lot about planning laws though.

Stafford_SkBlue

CCFC not too worried about missing deadlines, they received good feedback from the trip to Shrewsbury, who build their stadium in 12 months.
Only way forward for the Club with the current CCC policy. Yes it's painful but in the long term maybe better.

Sky Blue Pete

CCFC not too worried about missing deadlines, they received good feedback from the trip to Shrewsbury, who build their stadium in 12 months.
Only way forward for the Club with the current CCC policy. Yes it's painful but in the long term maybe better.
The main word there is 'maybe'

skybluetony176

Not confirmed one way or the other. Shitsu are just as likely to own it as the club at this moment in time. Tim Fishers only comment has been "its too early to decide yet". which with his track history i am going to take as Shitsu will own the stadium, the club will be sitting tenants paying rent.

you can make your own mind up, but the 1 sure fact is we will be the last to know.

bigfatronssba

They might have constructed the ground in 12 months, but it took them 8 years to build it.

Rotherhams stadium cost £20m and only holds 12000 and it did not include the price of the land. Add on £10m for the land =£30m the debt that sent southampton BUST.

Did you go to Shrewsbury and see the ground, it is a town ground as Shrewsbury is a town and the club will always be in league 1/2 and in a glory year reach the championship and in bad years play in the conference. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT FOR THE SKY BLUES.

italiahorse

A bit like the one at the Ricoh, or perhaps the Binley retail park or Baginton retail park a mile or so from Brandon Stadium.
Or how about Walsgrave retail park next to another proposed site.
Also Cannon Park comes to mind near Warwick University.

Pie in the Sky stadium comes to mind.

Pie in the sky

dongonzalos

2 million a year lost ticket revenue = 10 million
Shirt sponsorship lost revenue = 500k ?
Lost sponsorship full stop over 5 years = 200k ?
Lost merchandise sales over 5 years = 1million?
Legal battle to get planning permission & paying for the experts to locate site do deal etc 300k
Build a new stadium = 30 million
Legal costs and paying courts and councils costs of futile Legal action = 100k
Existing money invested = 50 million

To sell club and stadium in order to get a return on your investment = 93 million

For that reason I am out.

tuousis

Try looking at shops in the Cheylesmore and Styvechale area,closing down and nowhere near city centre.
But apart from that we have no idea if SISU will build a ground, even the planning dept, wil have to bend over backwords to agree with them.

Users who are viewing this thread