New Independent Supporters Club - Open Meeting (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieStanley

Haha!! No stranger to that, my friend!!:claping hands:

ashbyjan

Like all organisations we cannot be all things to all men but we certainly intend to reflect the general feelings of the fans and sites like this and GMK and meetings, twitter, web site etc will all be used to ascertain the mood, discuss issues and report any progress - might even put meeting minutes on here (sorry if thats getting to formal for some but its the best way of telling those who couldnt make a meeting what went on). Anyone who wants to get involved will be welcome at any time and any suggestions will be taken on board. If anyone wants to get involved either come to the meeting or drop a note to [email protected] We will be looking for all types of people - already have a web designer but anyone with law or accounting skills (yes I do mean you OSB lol) or any other background they feel would be useful please step forward and put your head above the parapet.

WillieStanley

Minutes on here would be a great idea, along with a sticky for issues to be raised at future meetings for members either without the means to get to the meeting or simply live too far away.

Nick has already said that he would happily accommodate for some sort of live feed via SBT.

rob9872

Nick should start an Official Coventry City Internet Supporters Club (OCCISC) and we could have board representation via Skype.

Will there be a vote for chairman/woman at the first meeting and if you are toppled will you support him/her or start a new group? Will this be a democratic group?

We have a name for people who want to sit on our board without any investment ... SISU :)

ccfcchris

The fact I was addressing was your comments that nobody can make a difference. I was in hindsight a little unfair in having a pop at you but my feelings remain the same to any fans coming on here dripping about SISU but wont make an effort to do anything constructive. Nobody has any idea how powerful a supporters group could go until we try. Post after post on here is moaning about SISU. It's easy to moan but far harder to try and be positive and make a difference.

rob9872

Agreed but we have no choice. Presently as we've been told many times, SISU is the only show in town. Until that changes, however much it pains us, we have little option but to support what they are trying to achieve. We may disagree (and probably most if not all do disagree) but we are in such a weak position. I agree hats off to those who are willing to spend the energy having a go, but I still don't see what's wrong with getting behind existing regimes rather than starting new ones and nobody seems able to answer that point with a valid reason.

ashbyjan

Rob - what existing regimes do you refer to? There is no official supporters club. The SBT has disappeared of the face of the earth. No one is quite sure who or what the SCG is or does. Kev Monks has been invited but is sadly currently too ill to attend. I would much rather get behind something already established but there quite simply isn't anything - that is the problem. The only organosation around is the London Supporters and thats a bit far away but I would definitely want a working relationship with them and the FPA.

As for being voted off or not voted on - not a problem. I would gladly step aside and let someone else steer the ship or at least getting pushed away from the moorings and I would give him or her my full support if that is what they want. My main concern is for CCFC and its fans, current and future and nothing to do with ego etc. I believe we as a club would be better for a supporters organisation that can legitimately claim to have a mandate from the fans to discuss things with the club and ensure they are acting in our and the clubs best interests on an ongoing basis.

The Reverend Skyblue

Like all organisations we cannot be all things to all men but we certainly intend to reflect the general feelings of the fans and sites like this and GMK and meetings, twitter, web site etc will all be used to ascertain the mood, discuss issues and report any progress - might even put meeting minutes on here (sorry if thats getting to formal for some but its the best way of telling those who couldnt make a meeting what went on). Anyone who wants to get involved will be welcome at any time and any suggestions will be taken on board. If anyone wants to get involved either come to the meeting or drop a note to [email protected] We will be looking for all types of people - already have a web designer but anyone with law or accounting skills (yes I do mean you OSB lol) or any other background they feel would be useful please step forward and put your head above the parapet.

If the new supporters group want new toilets ,wash basins, outside tap, etc i'm your man as i'm an ex-plumber.

The Rev

rob9872

Fair play Jan and I'm only teasing but well done for not 'reacting'. Being totally honest I can't see it working and imagine that it will be defunct or dormant inside 12 months as you all get frustrated with lack of support, attendance or progress but I genuinely hope you prove me wrong.

ashbyjan

KH - I know the SCG is still going because it has been discussed but as I say how many fans know what it does, when it meets, how to contact it etc. I am not decrying it or its role which I believe is important and will dovetail well with what we are trying to do with the SBST. As I have always said there's strength in numbers and we cannot afford to fight each other when there are bigger wars to win.

ccfcjohn

talking of strength in numbers, i've just read an article on Liverpool and the Spirit Of Shankly group. They have numbers, seem well organised, and have called for similar to what we are asking for - more clarity, transperency and improved communication from the owners, as well as wanting to see a plan to move the club forward.
They have national press coverage and seem to be getting further than us. I think we need to take inspiration from these guys and see that a voice if loud enough and put accross in the right way will be heard.
The whole CCFC/SISU/ACL debacle seems to be spreading all the time and more people seem to want to get involved or have their say, surely any exposure is positive for the fans and will hopefully result in some positive outcomes!!!

skybluebeduff

Fair play Jan, hopefully should make it unless SISU feck off in the meantime, then I'd rather have a debate about how we're all getting pissed off which spirit ;)

ashbyjan

JUST A REMINDER OF OPEN INVITE TO ALL - PLEASE COME ALONG WE NEED NUMBERS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

All invited to new independent supporters club meeting at Squirrel Greyfriars Lane Cov CV1 2GY - 7.30 Tue 29th May - pls come and shape our future - remember its OUR club.
This is not an anti-SISU protest group or anti anything its meant to be a pro-supporter group now and in the future, whoever the owners are.

Main aims are:
- Represent th efans in dialogue with the club - ultimately having board level representation
- Help position the club at the hub of the community
- Improve the supporter experience and encourage increased support for club
- Position the fans as stakeholders in club

Any ideas or comments e-mail [email protected]

Steve.B50

Well done Jan, I know not everyone will agree on anything suggested but at least your getting up off your bum and trying to organise something rather than just throwing more insults or just sitting at home watching Eastenders .
See you Tuesday.

Steve

dongonzalos

Fair play Jan and I'm only teasing but well done for not 'reacting'. Being totally honest I can't see it working and imagine that it will be defunct or dormant inside 12 months as you all get frustrated with lack of support, attendance or progress but I genuinely hope you prove me wrong.

Looks like you are getting your wish Rob

CJparker

How does this fit in with the current Sky Blue Trust?

I was in a queue to (re)join the Sky Blue Trust at the Doncaster match. Although I have never attended any meetings I used to travel to some friendlies on the Trust coaches. I think I was told that there were over 1500 members when signing up again. It seemed to me that these people are doing something positive by making their presence felt at games at a crucial time. AshbyJan's quote that "the SBT has disappeared of the face of the earth" seems a bit unfair. I had thought that he was a Sky Blue Trust representative - but just shows how confusing it an be to have several organisations! I'm not trying to criticise somebody who obviously has put a lot of time into trying to organise supporters - but wouldn't it make sense to do it in one already active organisation?

rupert_bear

Long overdue a new proper supporters club. The old one in it's heyday was strong and independant, paid for the Sky Blue stand (£80000) opposite the main stand in the very early Jimmy Hill days only to be kicked out later for the bar called Strikers and relocated in Freehold Street.

May 29th seems a long way off why not earlier ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread