New kit?? (1 Viewer)

wingy

Not bored over either way
It's the City's shirt therefore well all buy it
There is a trend in design especially Rugby shirts such as as Saracens and Saints for the Washed out colour fade
I think Saints is pale grey upper and pale blue lower not nice but Saracens is hideous where the top is predominantly Red fading to white I think,like a tye-dye nightmare.

SkyblueBri

just looked at it on shop web site the back is totally white, I think I will stick to one of my Sky Blue shirts, not this one.

Buster

Love it . Different . Thinning stripes on waist ,block on top to make you look broad . When we play our academy players next year they'll look like men

speedie87

White back.

So it is basically a white kit with a few blue bits on, people who wanted a retro kit it is 1940's and 50,s!

Check out http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Coventry_City/Coventry_City.htm

coventry_city_1937-1948.gif

1937-1948 a r w

coventry_city_1948-1951.gif

1948-1952 a w

coventry_city_1955-1957.gif

1952-1957 a e s w

coventry_city_1957-1959.gif

1957-1959 a w

coventry_city_1959-1960.gif

1959-1960 a o w

coventry_city_1960-1961-i.gif

1960-1961 early i o

PVA

It's a nice design nut why oh why are the colours not reversed, so that sky blue is the main colour, with white stripes????

Rather than a white kit with a few sky blue stripes

fernandopartridge

I really like it; it's different and aesthetically pleasing.

Sure, there's a lack of sky blue, but it's just preparing us for when we lost the sky blue colouring at the Ricoh...

In all seriousness, maybe it will bring a change in future, maybe it's the start of a new era, maybe we just like moaning.
Part of me feels a bit like that, the sky blue dominance doesn't matter and white kits look great

Hadji's_Goatee

I think once the players have the full kit and hopefully blue names and numbers on the back it will be enough blue.
I hate the shirt, but I think the players will look good in it. However I'm not prepared to go full kit w*nker to feel sky blue. Fans with the replica shirt only will be 80% white.

That being said I have just ordered one online ;)

Hobo

White shoulders and chest then sky blue stripes below that....how insipid, a sort of grey sky blues. Doesn't invoke the heritage of The Sky Blues. That shirt looks like a cut and paste of away shirt meets home shirt.

Sorry I won't be buying one. I want bold sky blue. Or sky blue and dark blue. Can't we have some of our clubs heritage acknowledged in the stripe?

White shoulders and chest then sky blue stripes below that....how insipid, a sort of grey sky blues. Doesn't invoke the heritage of The Sky Blues. That shirt looks like a cut and paste of away shirt meets home shirt.

Sorry I won't be buying one. I want bold sky blue. Or sky blue and dark blue. Can't we have some of our clubs heritage acknowledged in the stripe?

Agreed but come on #SkyWhites

OffenhamSkyBlue

Worrying that Nike refer to it as their "Division 2" shirt!

Maybe it's expected to show up better against yellow and black seats!

DON'T like the idea that it is a generic Nike shirt rather than being unique to us. How can they justify the mark-up from £15.72 to £52 by putting a big "&" sign on the front? I though Allsopp were supposed to sponsor the shirt, not vice versa!

CovisGod

Worrying that Nike refer to it as their "Division 2" shirt!

Maybe it's expected to show up better against yellow and black seats!

DON'T like the idea that it is a generic Nike shirt rather than being unique to us. How can they justify the mark-up from £15.72 to £52 by putting a big "&" sign on the front? I though Allsopp were supposed to sponsor the shirt, not vice versa!

To play devil's advocate last seasons shirt was a generic Nike Base shirt aswell and everybody loved it......

CovisGod

I like it it's different, can't have the same thing year after year or people wouldn't buy it. I agree I'd like a fully sky blue Retro looking kit, maybe this year would have been good for that with the Jimmy Hill passing but there's always next year.

People will soon love it if we win the league in it ;)

rockdude101

Is the official shop still selling last seasons kit? I wasn't prepared to pay the £40+ they were asking for a shirt, so I'm hopeful that they're going to sell them reduced

Users who are viewing this thread