New manager - who do you want?? (realistic candidates only) (3 Viewers)

stupot07

Whoever it is needs to get in asap, they need time to assess the squad before the window opens. Yes they will be shopping at poundland but at least they will know exactly whats lacking and needed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Whoever it is needs to get in asap, they need time to assess the squad before the window opens. Yes they will be shopping at poundland but at least they will know exactly whats lacking and needed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That's why we need a lower league manager, they will be used to it and know what to do.

rupert_bear

Jimmy Hill was an untried manager in his mid thirties and he came off, Scunthorpe have gone for an untried manager in Graham Alexander an at the moment Scunny are running away with the league, so why not try and dig out similar, perhaps for example Sam Ricketts there will be others. A lot of the predictable names banded about have failed before and expensive. We can't get a lot lower and need fresh impetus throughout the club so go young for me.

Last edited:

ollyservetta

Roland neilson at this level, always thought he was thrown in the deep end, very inexperienced , and not really given enough time, but we never really hav been in a position to give managers time . Also move oggy on and get magnus hedman in ,saying that, would they even concider it, if both still alive

Nick

Administrator
Jimmy Hill was an untried manager in his mid thirties and he came off, Scunthorpe have gone for an untried manager in Graham Alexander an at the moment Scunny are running away with the league, so why not try and dig out similar, perhaps for example Sam Ricketts there will be others. A lot of the predictable names banded about have failed before and expensive. We can't get a lot lower and need fresh impetus throughout the club so go young for me.
How was Alexander untried?

torchomatic

I'd go for Cotterill. No ex-players with no experience. And I'd do this NOW and not wait until Venus fucks us up even more.

Move venus upstairs get fisher out bring eric black saying that been shit on before cant see that happening

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Move venus upstairs get fisher out bring eric black saying that been shit on before cant see that happening

Please not the Eric Black thing again!

torchomatic

I reckon u werent watching city in them days then

Yes i was but that was over a decade ago. different team, different league, different budget, different situation.

torchomatic

Have to say it has got the point where I can't stand listening to MV's voice.

torchomatic

Personally, I don't think we're in a position to let some rookie manager - even if they are a big name - to learn their trade. We need experience, someone who knows the lower leagues, can spot players from lower/non league and who can instil some passion into his team.

CovisGod

People saying Giggs, we have no chance. Saw an interview with him the other day that said he'd had an interview with a Prem club but after being offered the job decided it wasn't right for him. There's no way he'd want to come to our shower of shite.

Cotterill for me, of someone like a Di Canio, Wise type...

torchomatic

People saying Giggs, we have no chance. Saw an interview with him the other day that said he'd had an interview with a Prem club but after being offered the job decided it wasn't right for him. There's no way he'd want to come to our shower of shite.

Cotterill for me, of someone like a Di Canio, Wise type...

I seriously think giving it to Giggs, Gerrard or similar would be a massive mistake anyway.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Let's face it, while Sisu are at the helm, we'll never have a future.

Captain Dart

Probably better to bring in a manager from league Two, there are a few decent candidates, but we'll probably end up Steve Evans or Keith Curle not my favourite Paul Cook. :facepalm:
Club W D L Total Win%
John Coleman Accrington Stanley 46 36 37 119 38.66
Neal Ardley AFC Wimbledon 76 64 77 217 35.02
Martin Allen Barnet 54 31 41 126 42.86
Darrell Clarke Bristol Rovers 66 32 34 132 50.00
Shaun Derry Cambridge United 22 13 16 51 43.14
Keith Curle Carlisle United 46 31 36 113 40.71
Dermot Drummy Crawley Town 2 3 6 11 18.18
John Still Dagenham & Redbridge 5 5 16 26 19.23
Paul Tisdale Exeter City 194 140 197 531 36.53
Craig Hignett Hartlepool United 10 3 14 27 37.04
Andy Hessenthaler Leyton Orient 6 3 6 15 40.00
Nathan Jones Luton Town 17 4 9 30 56.67
Steve Evans Mansfield Town 0 0 0 0
Jim Bentley Morecambe 83 72 114 269 30.86
Graham Westley Newport County 4 2 1 7 57.14
John Sheridan Notts County 3 1 7 11 27.27
Michael Appleton Oxford United 54 35 37 126 42.86
Derek Adams Plymouth Argyle 32 11 21 64 50.00
Paul Cook Portsmouth 27 21 20 68 39.71
Darren Sarll Stevenage 8 7 11 26 30.77
Gareth Ainsworth Wycombe Wanderers 81 55 72 208 38.94
Darren Way Yeovil Town 14 15 12 41 34.15
Gary Mills York City 0 0 0 0

dongonzalos

Derek Adams

Pros
Interesting history
Bit controversial, young manager with fresh ideas.
Used to free agents and tight budgets.
Good success rate.

Negative
Compo and a bit controversial

wingy

Martin Allen or Gareth Ainsworth
Ready for next years promotion push
A team of Coventry graduates.
I think that is the only solution as it doesn't appear possible to succeed or operate a L1 club on 40% of turnover.
It should leave all concerned happy.
The won't go and watch shit
The elite I'll follow the to the conference and won't need to rub shoulders with the lightweight fans
The owners who could operate the team easily on 30-40% of turnover.
It looks like the only model available to me and although I don't want to see it is an honest appraisal.
We should in January employ it and cut the loans to be replaced by our own product.
Just need some honesty from the top to lay it out there for us.

Users who are viewing this thread