New Manager (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

The passing shot from Tim Fisher Friday night when asked by Clive Easter "how close are we to getting a manager" Fisher said "very" and a couple of days previously Venus said when asked hopefully someone will be in place before the next game, which is Boxing Day. Any news anyone ? Rumours, speculation anything !!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The passing shot from Tim Fisher Friday night when asked by Clive Easter "how close are we to getting a manager" Fisher said "very" and a couple of days previously Venus said when asked hopefully someone will be in place before the next game, which is Boxing Day. Any news anyone ? Rumours, speculation anything !!

Hartson & Caldwell were the most recent names.

I reckon it'll be Hartson.

torchomatic

I reckon it'll be Hartson.

Let's hope you're wrong. Last thing we need in our position is someone without any experience "giving it a go". Might as well give it to the tea lady.

Nick

Administrator
Whatever happened to that random obscure italian bloke? (I think he was Italian).

no_loyalty

Whatever happened to that random obscure italian bloke? (I think he was Italian).

No idea, but would love to see the madman Di Canio in charge, at least he would show some passion and show some hate towards the Sheff United fans

Chipfat

Although Hartson would not of been the right man for the job , its hard to know is at the minute. Its also hard to see who would want it, personal pride and a professional career might not be worth whats is on offer. Can see MV being told he has no other option other than to take the hit and to put up with and get on with it, he is frustrated as he sees his life in football after this in jeopardy, sadly TF doesn't so he does not care about who is watching his performance.

TM must be glad he got out when he did...

Bob Latchford

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Bob Latchford

stay_up_skyblues

Are the bookies even giving any odds? Jim White indicated he knew of a shortlist when they had Fisher on, possibly indicative that one or two talk sport pundits are on there? I'd be happy with Harry Redknapp in that case, but more likely its Robin Schernhoffer (sic).

lifeskyblue

I agree and Fisher won't give a fuck, Hartson probably wont care either, as long as he gets on the management ladder. He will probably be phoning up Coleman everyday for advice

Colemans advice to hartson: "even if I got you Gareth bale that team still going down to league 2."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloughie

The new manager is Father Christmas......only here for a day

Terry Gibson's perm

What's with the disrespect for Oggy? A great goalkeeper for us and a loyal club servant over decades.

Loyal club servant the man has been paid not done it from the goodness of his heart. I am told is is a good coach but looking at the two keepers we have it doesn't look like it.

He was a goalkeeper who played a lot of games not a great goalkeeper.

Terry Gibson's perm

Are the bookies even giving any odds? Jim White indicated he knew of a shortlist when they had Fisher on, possibly indicative that one or two talk sport pundits are on there? I'd be happy with Harry Redknapp in that case, but more likely its Robin Schernhoffer (sic).

Even robin would do better than Venus

Irish Sky Blue

Loyal club servant the man has been paid not done it from the goodness of his heart. I am told is is a good coach but looking at the two keepers we have it doesn't look like it.

He was a goalkeeper who played a lot of games not a great goalkeeper.
Would make my all time City 11. Think he was the keeper in the team chosen on here last year.

Terry Gibson's perm

Would make my all time City 11. Think he was the keeper in the team chosen on here last year.

Wouldn't make mine not as good as Hedman or Kirkland and I am not sure he was even better than Westwood, my dad always says He was nowhere near as good as Glazier and Blyth(both before my time), his distribution was appalling (same as the goalies he currently coaches) and dreadful with crosses (same again)

Cov kid 55

Bill Glazier was an excellent goalkeeper in a different era, so difficult to compare. Steve Ogrizovic played 507 games over 16 years for City and deserves respect for those statistics alone. None of our other goalkeepers match that level of consistency and longevity. Those who saw Oggy's performance at White Hart Lane when he kept us in the Premier League almost on his own, will never forget his contribution. I just feel that on these forums, we are very quick to criticise and disrespect our players.

Users who are viewing this thread