Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
Some of Collins' recent mistakes are just appalling.

Wilson got a lot of stick earlier in the season for his mistakes, but Collins' have been way worse.

If we could get a taker for him I'd move him on and keep Wilson as number 2 as he'll be on cheaper wages and is probably a better keeper tbh based on last season. Collins looks like he just can't be arsed.

Johansson seems the obvious one for me.
It's not just that Collins' mistakes have been worse but that there have been so many of them.

Cov98

Apr 29, 2017
I'll be honest, I've always been a critic of Wilson. Shot stopping wise I've never had a bad thing to say, but the rest of his game I've always thought was lacking.

However Collins as of recently has been utter wank. Had a really good start to the season when he came in for Wilson and looked pretty comfortable but then looked like he'd been on spice before every game.

The worst part is, Wilson came in for a game and dropped an absolute clanger so that meant Collins was straight back in.

This HAS to be the number one priority this summer. We can't keep going on with two number two keepers all season. Fuck Collins and Moore off, keep Wilson and get a proper first choice keeper in. Moore I assume is on higher wages and being that he's been 3rd choice to two melts for the season, I'd assume he's not in the plans.. hence keeping Wilson.

With a solid keeper we easily have another 9 points this season, and that's being on the conservative side.

Houdi

Jun 7, 2011
Most players generally have strengths and weaknesses in their game, Collins has no strengths only weaknesses. His kicking is poor, catching is suspect, shot stopping is woeful, doesn't command his box, and worst of all he looks terrified of any physical contact.
Maybe the VAR official did us a favour at Wembley, Man City's Harland could possibly have scored double figures on his own against Collins. Wilson on crutches would be an upgrade on Collins. The trouble is who is mad enough to take him off us.

Reactions: Skyblue Bangkok

Boicey

Aug 12, 2023
Our defence is absolutely fine, we've conceded less than almost everyone around us bar West Brom.

We don't need a new starting CB or CM. And Collins, while not perfect, should not be a priority to replace.
This is a classic.

harvey098

Apr 13, 2011
IMG_3323.jpeg

I’ve been saying it since last year (Dec 29 above) and have been getting the patronising laughing emojis until the past few weeks.

He got incredibly lucky with misses from his errors early in the season so it went under the radar by most fans but he’s been terrible all season. Really needs ousting.

EalingSB

Dec 26, 2012
It’s definitely been an odd position for us. Marosi was good until that awful injury v Cardiff which understandably knocked him; Moore was excellent until he lost confidence and effectively got the yips; Wilson definitely improved but had mistakes in him - he also had a massive sliding doors moment in his favour last season when he escaped being sent off in his comeback game v Preston I think after a rush of blood to the head; Collins was doing fine for me but has lost it - yesterday he was very lucky to avoid another clanger when he dived over a ball which hit the post in the second half. I do think we need to strengthen but might be tricky to get some of these off the books.

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
I'll be honest, I've always been a critic of Wilson. Shot stopping wise I've never had a bad thing to say, but the rest of his game I've always thought was lacking.

However Collins as of recently has been utter wank. Had a really good start to the season when he came in for Wilson and looked pretty comfortable but then looked like he'd been on spice before every game.

The worst part is, Wilson came in for a game and dropped an absolute clanger so that meant Collins was straight back in.

This HAS to be the number one priority this summer. We can't keep going on with two number two keepers all season. Fuck Collins and Moore off, keep Wilson and get a proper first choice keeper in. Moore I assume is on higher wages and being that he's been 3rd choice to two melts for the season, I'd assume he's not in the plans.. hence keeping Wilson.

With a solid keeper we easily have another 9 points this season, and that's being on the conservative side.
Wilson and Moore will be the ones let go; I wouldn’t be surprised to see Collins start the season as #1 either.

Reactions: skybluecam

Skyblue Bangkok

Nov 2, 2023
Bangkok
They need a talking to from oggy, the only way Collins is getting a broken nose is if someone runs on the pitch and pings him

gutless disinterested and fucking useless
Get him to go for a drink with Ian Wright
Why do you think Robins can’t see what the average fan can ?
We conceded 59 goals , way to much , Collins isn't good enough and if Robins keeps him as his no 1 keeper ,I can't see a happy ending for the both of them.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Feb 3, 2015
He cost us goals at important times in games in the last 10 games which ultimately cost us the play offs.
He looks scared to go for the ball or challenge and all season he has spilled the shots he does save, that may be his style on the parried shots but it doesn’t instill confidence. I also don’t the defence has helped him at times for some goals but he has gifted pure goals in games and the Hull game finished my view on him, the first is seen in Sunday league games

Reactions: I_Saw_Shaw_Score

higgs

Feb 23, 2015
I'd send collins out on loan keep wilson as number 2 and bring in a keeper on loan as number maybe collins needs to drop a division to play a lot if games to get his confidence back it looks shot

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

larry_david

May 7, 2011
The mistakes he's made it genuinely looks like we've had to call a fan up to go in goal.

Not moving his feet
Aimlessly punching at the ball in his radius when he can simply catch it.

He's also a chicken as well. The last month MR but be wondering who the hell he's signed

Reactions: I_Saw_Shaw_Score

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
We 100% need a new number one, but who is going to take one of Wilson or Collins off our hands? Aren’t they both still on fairly long contracts? I doubt we will release one of them on a free.

Reactions: Otis

Adge

Jun 26, 2015
The old “good shot stopper” line is always reeled out as an excuse for a keeper who is garbage. Burge “good shot stopper”-RCC “good shot stopper”-Wilson “good shot stopper” etc etc.
It seems nearly every time a shot comes in recently then it is a goal.
People have now even stopped using that old chestnut (good shot stopper) regarding Collins which tells you all you need to know.

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
Wtf ever said RCC was a good shot stopper? Stevie Wonder would've been better.

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
View attachment 35506

I’ve been saying it since last year (Dec 29 above) and have been getting the patronising laughing emojis until the past few weeks.

He got incredibly lucky with misses from his errors early in the season so it went under the radar by most fans but he’s been terrible all season. Really needs ousting.
I was agreeing with you.

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
You still rate Collins? What would he have to do for you to lose the faith?
I’ve said before that I’d like us to actually invest in a long term keeper. I’d keep Collins as a number 2…in both times here Robins doesn’t seem to prioritise spending on a GK. I’d look to get all 3 out, personally.

Reactions: Hertsccfc

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Or scorpion kicks to make a save!

Right? Would genuinely be less disappointed letting in a failed scorpion kick than watching butterfingers fumble it in again. Maybe Collins needs to lean into his mentalness. Go full old school crazy GK, dribble it out, do weird warm up routines when the ball is down the other end.

Reactions: Sick Boy

higgs

Feb 23, 2015
What happened to moore that he could never win back his spot looked really good when he first arrived

Cov98

Apr 29, 2017
What happened to moore that he could never win back his spot looked really good when he first arrived

Yeah it's an odd one. You'd think with how poor we've been in terms of conceding soft goals against the run of play with both Collins and Wilson in net, Moore would at least get a chance in a cup game just to assess where he's at.

Interestingly Wikipedia has him joining Grimsby at the end of his contract.

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
Yeah it's an odd one. You'd think with how poor we've been in terms of conceding soft goals against the run of play with both Collins and Wilson in net, Moore would at least get a chance in a cup game just to assess where he's at.

Interestingly Wikipedia has him joining Grimsby at the end of his contract.

Nobody wants to talk about Moore. It’s one of the most bizarre things. With what the other two clowns got away with, he was worth another chance. But no, completely frozen out, pooh-poohed on here as well.

Reactions: Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
Right? Would genuinely be less disappointed letting in a failed scorpion kick than watching butterfingers fumble it in again. Maybe Collins needs to lean into his mentalness. Go full old school crazy GK, dribble it out, do weird warm up routines when the ball is down the other end.
Throw in a few Grobbelaar runs out of goal for good measure as well!

Reactions: shmmeee

Users who are viewing this thread