Cov98

Apr 29, 2017
Nobody wants to talk about Moore. It’s one of the most bizarre things. With what the other two clowns got away with, he was worth another chance. But no, completely frozen out, pooh-poohed on here as well.
The only thing I can think of is that he didn't react well to losing his place to Wilson?

We all know what Robins is like when it comes to players throwing the dummy out the pram, he rarely gives second chances.

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
Nobody wants to talk about Moore. It’s one of the most bizarre things. With what the other two clowns got away with, he was worth another chance. But no, completely frozen out, pooh-poohed on here as well.

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
You know I could post several highlights of Wilson looking piss poor and Collins being by far the worst of a bad bunch of GKs?
He got dropped, was crap when he came back in for the cup, was going to leave last summer and his contract is up this summer so why would we bother with him?

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
He got dropped, was crap when he came back in for the cup, was going to leave last summer and his contract is up this summer so why would we bother with him?

Callum O’Hare was poor in most of his apps since returning from injury and his contract is up. Why did we bother with him?

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
Callum O’Hare was poor in most of his apps since returning from injury and his contract is up. Why did we bother with him?
O'Hare was outstanding for about 2 months after returning. No idea what you're on about.

shepardo01

Jul 16, 2011
What does our goalkeeping coach have to say about all this?
Don't know much about him, but Aled Jones(?) can't from Wolves academy did he not?
Can't remember if he came straight in as 1st team GK coach but I have a few observations.

1- is he too "pally" with the GKs... Presumably Robins goes to him with questions about performance and training. Has he got it in him to be point blank honest - or would he protect Collins after a mistake like yesterday.
2 - what is his background/pedigree!? Has he played!? He looks very small to have played and has come from coaching academy goalkeepers.
Do our keepers respect him and can he get the best out of them!?

Anybody with some knowledge (@Saddlebrains - sorry!) have anything on this.

To caveat this, I know 3 goalkeeping coaches that range from Prem to now Lg , 2 have played a lot of football league games and higher, the other hasn't.
I know what I'd prefer my goalkeepers to work with.

Reactions: lord_garrincha

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
8th Dec - 6th Feb he scored 9 in 13 games...

We can dress stats like that however we want, he scored in 6 of those games. But if we go by your original logic he dropped right off it when his contract was up - so back to that very point, that’s no reason to just blank your keeper when the two ahead are fucking dog shit.

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
We can dress stats like that however we want, he scored in 6 of those games. But if we go by your original logic he dropped right off it when his contract was up - so back to that very point, that’s no reason to just blank your keeper when the two ahead are fucking dog shit.
You'd do well to "dress up" his performances in that period to look bad.

Collins has only dropped off a cliff in the final 6 games or so. No point putting Moore in for 2-3 games when he's 100% leaving.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
This is the bigger worry for me, we've churned through 3 keepers in 2 seasons now. Is it them or is it us?
I think it’s MR previously having just wanted a shot stopper, then wanting someone better with the ball. Seems we have the Championship Onana

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Don't know much about him, but Aled Jones(?) can't from Wolves academy did he not?
Can't remember if he came straight in as 1st team GK coach but I have a few observations.

1- is he too "pally" with the GKs... Presumably Robins goes to him with questions about performance and training. Has he got it in him to be point blank honest - or would he protect Collins after a mistake like yesterday.
2 - what is his background/pedigree!? Has he played!? He looks very small to have played and has come from coaching academy goalkeepers.
Do our keepers respect him and can he get the best out of them!?

Anybody with some knowledge (@Saddlebrains - sorry!) have anything on this.

To caveat this, I know 3 goalkeeping coaches that range from Prem to now Lg , 2 have played a lot of football league games and higher, the other hasn't.
I know what I'd prefer my goalkeepers to work with.

I think its very fair to question him. Keepers seem to regress here

Reactions: no_loyalty and Bova

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

May 27, 2016
The Cayman Islands.
Wilsons been told he can go

We will be looking for a new No1

Saturday Night Live Thank You GIF

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

May 27, 2016
The Cayman Islands.
This is the bigger worry for me, we've churned through 3 keepers in 2 seasons now. Is it them or is it us?

It's been more than 3 keepers over the last few years, Westwood was last good keeper we had.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
Happened for a few years now that keepers have started brightly and then their game has gone to pot in a season or less. Goes back to Marosi at least.

Really got to be having a serious review of the goalkeeping coaching.

Adge

Jun 26, 2015
It would be made if we didn’t make a £900k bid for VJ
Had a shocker against us earlier on in the season but only having seen him from the outside looks the part and is the right age again that fits our model.

Viktor17

Nov 8, 2023
Think the nagging issue with VJ is his ability to play with his feet. Shot stopping yes, but reality is you’ve got to play now, at expense of some of skills sometimes.

Viktor17

Nov 8, 2023
I'm of the opinion that we need to go against the grain and sign a seasoned pro over the age of about 32 33.

Wont happen though
Don’t disagree - the spine needs sprinkle of experience.

suspect the model will dictate otherwise!

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
Don’t disagree - the spine needs sprinkle of experience.

suspect the model will dictate otherwise!
Perfect illustration of why sticking rigidly to the model won't work. Hopefully the club won't be that foolish.

BlueSkiesForever

Aug 23, 2023
I was all for Collins at first but I just think over the course of the season he’s shown he hasn’t got either the physical ability or the mental strength to be a quality keeper. I think overall as a club we’re not ruthless enough. It’s good being supportive of players (and I don’t want Robins to suddenly drop that approach) but if a signing doesn’t work out then it doesn’t work out, we shouldn’t just keep playing Collins and not look for a better keeper just because we’ve recently bought him.

Neither Wilson or Collins are currently good enough, alright maybe Collins will improve but do we want to waiting around in the hope that he miraculously becomes an amazing shot stopper? I personally believe that next season is the season for us to do it, I want us to start with a proper quality team and churn out win after win like Leicester and Ipswich did this season. We should be looking to spend £1-3 mil on a quality keeper and not have this chopping and changing every couple of months.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
I was all for Collins at first but I just think over the course of the season he’s shown he hasn’t got either the physical ability or the mental strength to be a quality keeper. I think overall as a club we’re not ruthless enough. It’s good being supportive of players (and I don’t want Robins to suddenly drop that approach) but if a signing doesn’t work out then it doesn’t work out, we shouldn’t just keep playing Collins and not look for a better keeper just because we’ve recently bought him.

Neither Wilson or Collins are currently good enough, alright maybe Collins will improve but do we want to waiting around in the hope that he miraculously becomes an amazing shot stopper? I personally believe that next season is the season for us to do it, I want us to start with a proper quality team and churn out win after win like Leicester and Ipswich did this season. We should be looking to spend £1-3 mil on a quality keeper and not have this chopping and changing every couple of months.
I think the majority agree that Collins and Wilson are not good enough to be our number one, but the main issue is who will want to sign them?

Users who are viewing this thread