New Potential Manager Thread... (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Have I seen right that Cotterill is the new favourite? Also seen CET reporting that Pressley remains it but sure I seen via skybet that Cotterill had moved to favourite?

I hope it's not him or Evans......

trevelfarandwide

If Pressley came back...

...do you think Fisher and Joy would fit in the boot of a Focus saloon?

As much as I'd like Cotterill, Jackett and even more wishfully thinking, Di Canio, I can see Mark Venus becoming our next manager.

Warwickhunt

It will end up with MV being a director on the board and a team manager at the same time, God knows who they will bring in this time as a CEO? Just hope it's someone who knows about football, Karen Brady would be good (now awaiting the sexist comments)

tom88

Nearly a week after Mowbrays resignation and we have had just a shitty statement from Sisu wishing him well.

Have we started to look for managers yet as I've only seen speculation and nothing from CCFC about the recruitment process.

coop

Did our form dip last year after Venus went upstairs to an office job.Maybe he was the real brains and motivation behind our good start last season.

Alkhen

I think it will be MV, happy to give him a shot the less we have going out on wages the better

smileycov

Facebook User
evans or adkins for me, curbishley has been out for a while but still a decent manager

matesx

Real apathy about a new manager.

Have people gone past caring?

oucho

Jackett please....but I'm sure I'll be disappointed in hoping for this.

Nick

Administrator
Surely after 6 years out of the game Curbishley's knowledge of League One is going to be wafer thin.

Has he been out of football or just out of management? He might have been scouting or something.

smileycov

Facebook User
Surely after 6 years out of the game Curbishley's knowledge of League One is going to be wafer thin.

Not sure that realy makes a difference does it? I mean if he is a decent manager he is a decent manager.

Deity

Curbishley last managed 8 years ago !!. The game has moved on massively in terms of player power , the role of agents etc. Next to no experience in League 1.

Not for me.

Captain Dart

torchomatic

Jackett please....but I'm sure I'll be disappointed in hoping for this.

5ac893a47430a834586cd02c979714c3.jpg

oucho

I'd have him as manager....with Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford as his assistants. I'm sure their technical expertise on the training field would be, you could say, an "Invisible Touch" to give us an advantage in our next game (which happens to be scheduled for Tonight Tonight Tonight).

After all, our whole club is in a Land of Confusion. SISU are In Too Deep after spending far too long Throwing It All Away.

lifeskyblue

I would go for a young and as yet relatively inexperienced manager. Someone who is known as being passionate about football and has been prepared to speak up when necessary or has been prepared to try different approaches. Someone in the same set as Jimmy hill; someone who could shake up the club and reinvigorate the fans. Personally I would go for Gary Neville...but I'm sure he wouldn't come here. Someone like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

I would go for a young and as yet relatively inexperienced manager. Someone who is known as being passionate about football and has been prepared to speak up when necessary or has been prepared to try different approaches. Someone in the same set as Jimmy hill; someone who could shake up the club and reinvigorate the fans. Personally I would go for Gary Neville...but I'm sure he wouldn't come here. Someone like that.

We tried that with Pressley and look what happened there. I'd have Robins back though.

rupert_bear

If we had got rid of these owners I'd go with that, think despite his stint at Valencia he would build a good club and team, stand no shit either, trouble is he'd soon fall out with sisu and be off.

Nick

Administrator
How would it work with Neville managing over here while owning a club? What happens if we got them in the fa cup.

Otis

Not sure that realy makes a difference does it? I mean if he is a decent manager he is a decent manager.
But surely that is what hurt Tony Mowbray isn't it?

He said himself he knew nothing of League One and if Curbishley has been out if the game for 6 years then surely he will know nothing of current League One football or players there either.

As Nick says though, maybe he has been scouting and keeping his hand in or something.

Not knowing League One proved problematic for Mowbray.

Hadji10

Why are people touting Richard Money? Because he used to work here? Very average manager.

Curbishley would need time after being out the game so long, we haven't got time were bottom. And to whoever mentioned Adkins, you see the job he done at Sheff Utd? Woeful.

Cotterill, Evans or Jackett for me. Good League One managers with very recent success.

higgs

Jackett did a good job at millwall and wolves would be happy if we got him until the end of season to see how we go

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread