New season expectations now AT is gone (1 Viewer)

Lloyd

So with the recent news, what are everyones new expectations givent that we may not be able to get more than 1 player in.

Personally I think we will get playoffs, but it won't be easy given our situation with sisu and our poor ability to keep players fit

torchomatic

Well, now that the Andy Thorn Excuse can no longer be used, i expect nothing but victories with the team playing brilliantly for 90 minutes every game.

Blind_Faith

It all depends on who the new gaffa is and whether they decide to stick with the diamond or try something different. My only concern is with the current squad we have, there arent many out and out wingers in the side and there is deffinetly no-one with any pace so playing 4-4-2 maybe a tad tricky aswell

Otis

Predicted 14th.

With Thorn gone I think we can be top 8 and even higher for sure.

Shame for him, but unfortunately he just wasn't up to the job and I would be very surprised if he ever gets another managerial job and I don't think if he does that he will ever be a success.

Hope we keep him on as a scout mind.

Otis

And anyway, I predicted we would finish 14th under Thorn and he's now gone and we are indeed 14th. :D

blueflint

dont expect much as we are still who we are we dont win games and havn't for years

I'm glad they kept him on for the summer so that we have a decent squad (possibly deliberately but maybe not). We'll have a good chance with the squad we've got. We just need a half decent replacement.

My fear is that they employ someone with ideas that don't suit the players we have. An Ady Boothroyd-type manager would be a disaster.

Grendel

Well, now that the Andy Thorn Excuse can no longer be used, i expect nothing but victories with the team playing brilliantly for 90 minutes every game.

Well 1 victory would outstrip the clueless ones record.

wingy

Expect rather than predict ,before today mid table ,post AT mid Table ,if I were a Cynic its been a good day to bury (no pun intended) bmore interesting news ,IE; THE RENT ETC. :eek::thinking about:

Up North Sky Blue

So with the recent news, what are everyones new expectations givent that we may not be able to get more than 1 player in.

Personally I think we will get playoffs, but it won't be easy given our situation with sisu and our poor ability to keep players fit

Winning matches and not crumbling to teams like Bury.

Users who are viewing this thread