"New" stadium revenues v Ricoh (1 Viewer)

AJB1983

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/new-stadium-questions-1245952.aspx

"Hi Tim, we'd like to put on a Take That concert at your stadium. How many does it hold?"
"12000, with 10 hospitality boxes, but we've not put on a concert before"
"Ok, we're looking at getting 40000 sitting standing people, plus loads more hospitality. The revenues from this would be amazing.
Wait a minute, there's a place down the road we've used before that did really well, sold out 3 nights, I'll ring them. Cheers"

RFC

The whole point is we don't have access to any of the Ricoh revenue streams and never will. We need to move on!

AJB1983

They had an option to buy a share to get these concert revenues etc, they chose not to.
Rather than making minimal revenues from a stadium no-one will attend.

chiefdave

The whole point is we don't have access to any of the Ricoh revenue streams and never will.

The club had an option to buy back a 50% stake in ACL, and therefore access to 50% of the revenues, yet they never exercised that option.

ACL also offered a rental deal that would give the club ACLs share of matchday revenues, rejected by the club.

If they purchased 50% of ACL with a view to purchased the remaining 50% down the line they would get all the revenue are more than likely for less than they would pay for a new stadium.

You can't buy anything without submitting an offer for it. If they new stadium is going ot cost £20m or more why not offer that much to purchase ACL? Would pay off Higgs and the loan.

James Smith

The whole point is we don't have access to any of the Ricoh revenue streams and never will. We need to move on!

What revenue streams do we get at Northampton?

torchomatic

Cool. So now we're making up stuff, are we?

IN your scenario could you please tell me who the artist is?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/new-stadium-questions-1245952.aspx

"Hi Tim, we'd like to put on a Take That concert at your stadium. How many does it hold?"
"12000, with 10 hospitality boxes, but we've not put on a concert before"
"Ok, we're looking at getting 40000 sitting standing people, plus loads more hospitality. The revenues from this would be amazing.
Wait a minute, there's a place down the road we've used before that did really well, sold out 3 nights, I'll ring them. Cheers"

skybluealan

Very interesting sentence RFC, identical word by word to what was said to me on a train to Hartlepool from T Fisher!!!

torchomatic

Oh. My. God. You. Have. Cracked. It.

Very interesting sentence RFC, identical word by word to what was said to me on a train to Hartlepool from T Fisher!!!

AJB1983

Cool. So now we're making up stuff, are we?

IN your scenario could you please tell me who the artist is?

You not read it properly? Or just too old to have heard of take that?

Just used them as an example and you've possibly completely missed the point, but fisher says this stadium of his will mean that they can get the revenues from all other uses of the stadium.
Well the biggest additional thing to football they could get revenue for from owning a stadium would be concerts? And they'd be in direct competition with an established venue and would lose out every time.

Basically it will simply be used for CCFC matches and nothing else and with pitiful crowds they won't be making anything

torchomatic

But there's no guarantee that the Ricoh will get big concerts either, is there? It's almost like you want the Club to fail. Now, why would that be?

If it was in Cov or very near the border then the crowds wouldn't be pitiful. Probably on a par with the piss poor crowds we used to get at the Ricoh. Where were all the fans then?

Basically it will simply be used for CCFC matches and nothing else and with pitiful crowds they won't be making anything

italiahorse

The whole thing is a sham .

If I was running this I would hire the Ricoh at the reduced rent until I built the new stadium. ACL are okay with that.
The club would generate more money than at Sixfields towards the team and the new stadium and Fair Play rules would be followed.
It would surely be the perfect situation ?

Unless :thinking about:

shmmeee

But there's no guarantee that the Ricoh will get big concerts either, is there?

There's no guarantee the sun will rise tomorrow, but going on past performance and what we know about the present it's a fair bet.

It's almost like you want the Club to fail. Now, why would that be

No one wants that. Why on earth would you post this?

chiefdave

fisher says this stadium of his will mean that they can get the revenues from all other uses of the stadium.

Looking at what they've released today there seems very little scope for generation of extra revenues outside of matchday. And if, as we suspect, it is not particularly well located they have even less chance.

If you look at most new stadia they get one or two concerts when they first open and then nothing. The Ricoh has been an exception to that and the reason the likes of Live Nation, SJM and AEG keep coming back is because the venue and the staff are very highly thought of in the industry. It's going to be a hell of a job to persuade promoters to move away from a stadium they have used succesfull on numerous occasions to an new venue.

chiefdave

But there's no guarantee that the Ricoh will get big concerts either, is there? It's almost like you want the Club to fail. Now, why would that be?

Of course not but the Ricoh is one of only an handful of venues that gets repeat business from 3 of the major promoters. The Ricoh and the team have been nominated for several industry awards which should give you an indincation of how highly regarded they are. Given that it seems unlikely, although not impossible, that there will be no futher concerts there.

AJB1983

Apart from all the concerts they've had in the past?
Pretty sure that promoters don't care that coventry city play there or not, it's an arena they can make money out of by putting on a concert.
If the supporters are principled and don't want to be treated like mugs, then they shouldn't even entertain the idea of a new stadium, let alone go.
The way the 'club' has treated me as a fan I couldn't give a toss anymore. Spent thousands over the years on them and they treat us like this. No thanks they can fuck off.
That said I want to see the team to do well but I won't legitimise what they are doing by going sixfields or to The Fisharena...

These 'piss poor' crowds they got at the Ricoh look pretty decent now though don't they? And I was one if them.

savosdad

Banned
I don't think any of them have a fuckin clue its a shame bit brain dead stalemate new stadium don't make me laugh ask the christmas fairy

James Smith

I love that old argument, 'you had a shit deal here, but you've got an even shitter one at Northampton'. It's a winner everytime for me.

So what's your solution then?

tonyok

If SISU return to the RICOH or build a new stadium within the City of Coventry, I will renew my season ticket which until this year I have had continuously for 37 years.

If a new stadium is built outside Coventry I will never attend. I support the City of my birth and that is my loyalty.

In the mean time I will continue to follow the team away from home with genuine fans.

What would happen if we won a trophy, which town/city would the cup be paraded through?

skybluefred

The whole point is we did have access to the Ricoh revenue streams and chose to sell them for 6m.That turns out to have been an utterly stupid mistake No2. No1 was allowing sisu to purchase the club in the first place, and No3 was sisu taking the club to play at the cowshed at the cobblers.

That disastrous move has already cost the club more than they would have made from the Ricoh revenue this season,
and it does not matter where they play outside of COVENTRY they will never regain the lost support.
Here is the answer just for you.
:blue:

stupot07

The whole point is we did have access to the Ricoh revenue streams and chose to sell them for 6m.That turns out to have been an utterly stupid mistake No2. No1 was allowing sisu to purchase the club in the first place, and No3 was sisu taking the club to play at the cowshed at the cobblers.

That disastrous move has already cost the club more than they would have made from the Ricoh revenue this season,
and it does not matter where they play outside of COVENTRY they will never regain the lost support.
Here is the answer just for you.
:blue:

Wasn't stupid mistake no 1 attempting to build a stadium we couldn't afford and selling off HR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread