New Stadium Vs Old Stadium Analysis (Simple) (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

The figures just don't work out ...

Old Situation best offer Vs Mortgage on £30M

- 400K per year or £33,333 per Month

New stadium assuming a loan at very preferential terms of 3% over 50 years

- Repayments £96,000 per Month

Running Monthly Difference £63K

Food and Beverage

2011/12 Turnover was 1.01M with profits of £119K

Old situation

- zero for club

New stadium

- 119K or 10K per Month

Running Monthly Difference £53K

Car Parking

900 spaces included in agreement (Approx 50% of spaces)

Old situation

- 900 x£10 = £9000 per game about £270,000 per year or £22,500 per month

New situation

- Spaces unknown but if you assume all the spaces at same price
- £540,000 or £45K per month

Running Monthly Difference £30K

Sponsorship

Club get all pitch side sponsorship at Ricoh so this would be the same

So assuming all other incomes are marginal

- Smaller Stadium outside Coventry
- £30K Month worse off or £360K a year

Godiva

Stadium sponsorship?
Profit from sell off lease/land to other operations?
Income from other operations (ACL like)?

How is that influencing your calculation?
There are probably a lot more cost and income left out.

italiahorse

Stadium sponsorship?
Profit from sell off lease/land to other operations?
Income from other operations (ACL like)?

How is that influencing your calculation?
There are probably a lot more cost and income left out.

Assumes land value increases over purchased price. You can't just buy green belt and sell it for housing etc.
Other operation wont exist in a £30M stadium.
There are other incomes but the major ones are included and I have been generous with these.
I would not expect the new stadium to have as much car parking and I would expect £10 charge would be more like £5.
3 % mortgage rate I think is generous.
Stadium sponsorship would be minimal. I think the Ricoh deal was £10M over 10 years. This stadium would more likely only attract local sponsorship similar to Rotherhams.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

There is a considerable risk involved to developing a stadium and no guarantees that any additional income streams can be developed by SISU, lets face it if it was that easy then ACL would be on the case.

There will be planning opposition to a new stadium and in the time (I'd guess 6 years) it actually takes to plan & build a new stadium ACL will establish their business on a different footing.

A strategic change of direction by ACL may well be in direct competition to CCFC and it is probable over this time that CCFC will have been relegated & lost much of its fan base, for certain they'll have lost a great deal of income over this period due to greatly reduced crowds while playing out of Coventry.

At the end of it all SISU may have converted a loss making Championship Club to a break even Division 3 or 4 club with huge debts and own a stadium, but they won't be able to sell that for the money it costs them. If they could then ACL would easily be able to sell up their much better facility, which now has a reasonable track record, for a greater price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godiva

Assumes land value increases over purchased price. You can't just buy green belt and sell it for housing etc.
Other operation wont exist in a £30M stadium.

Revisit the forums - available on YouTube. Fisher actually managed to explain the plan despite the background noise. He didn't put numbers in, so I assume the £30m is your guess.
Anyway, they are looking for a setup similar to the Ricoh, only in a smaller scale, but certainly with a lot more income streams.

italiahorse

Revisit the forums - available on YouTube. Fisher actually managed to explain the plan despite the background noise. He didn't put numbers in, so I assume the £30m is your guess.
Anyway, they are looking for a setup similar to the Ricoh, only in a smaller scale, but certainly with a lot more income streams.

I was there. The point taken from your comment is that no one knows.
Even Simpler ........... A miracle ?

Tad

I all for us owning our own Stadium. Just a shame it had to be done this way.

Users who are viewing this thread