New stadium (1 Viewer)

Monkeyface

I'm staying away from Sixfields, because I feel it's the right thing for me to do. And whilst I appreciate everybody should have the freedom of choice as to whether they go or not, I have to admit it stings a little knowing I'm making what I think is a worthwhile sacrifice and missing an exciting season (especially after thirty years of shit) and some aren't willing to do the same. Now before somebody reacts to this as another "us and them" thread, this is not the case. However I do want to know from people who go to Sixfields... at what point, if any, do you say "you know what SISU have lied to us, there isn't going to be a new stadium, I'm not going anymore"?
Now I'm not claiming to know anymore than anybody else, I just still can't believe it will happen and don't think it ever was their intention. And with half a season gone and nothing more than a couple of sketches, nothing seems to be happening and if you look at the New York stadium... Planning permission was granted in November 2010, with the stadium opened in July 2012. That's nearly two years and pretty quick if you ask me. So without a site even being purchased yet, its safe to say we will not be in the new stadium after just three years. So I'm just curious to know if those that go to Sixfields have given this any thought?

Sky Blue Pete

I'm staying away from Sixfields, because I feel it's the right thing for me to do. And whilst I appreciate everybody should have the freedom of choice as to whether they go or not, I have to admit it stings a little knowing I'm making what I think is a worthwhile sacrifice and missing an exciting season (especially after thirty years of shit) and some aren't willing to do the same. Now before somebody reacts to this as another "us and them" thread, this is not the case. However I do want to know from people who go to Sixfields... at what point, if any, do you say "you know what SISU have lied to us, there isn't going to be a new stadium, I'm not going anymore"?
Now I'm not claiming to know anymore than anybody else, I just still can't believe it will happen and don't think it ever was their intention. And with half a season gone and nothing more than a couple of sketches, nothing seems to be happening and if you look at the New York stadium... Planning permission was granted in November 2010, with the stadium opened in July 2012. That's nearly two years and pretty quick if you ask me. So without a site even being purchased yet, its safe to say we will not be in the new stadium after just three years. So I'm just curious to know if those that go to Sixfields have given this any thought?

That would be within the 3-5 year timescale

rodders

What is there to think about great football great manager and cheap football only 30 minutes away who cares about a new stadium

SonOfSnoz

Monkey, you stay away & let us enjoy the games in peace!
Love Sixfields!
I support the young team, even if it's 34 miles away!
When we get promoted, no doubt you'll be back!
Fisher 1 Monkey 0 :p

bigfatronssba

What is there to think about great football great manager and cheap football only 30 minutes away who cares about a new stadium

Yeah Leicester are doing well aren't they?

bigfatronssba

Monkey, you stay away & let us enjoy the games in peace!
Love Sixfields!
I support the young team, even if it's 34 miles away!
When we get promoted, no doubt you'll be back!
Fisher 1 Monkey 0 :p

I respect the right for anyone to go to sixfields, as I had always assumed that those that went did so begrudgingly.

However, your "love sixfields" comment has just confirmed to me that you are a traitor to your city.

CovisGod

If we were to get promoted surely we'd be forced I to going back to the Ricoh ? Even if it's just until the mythical new stadium was built ?

James Smith

I do, because the fact is that we're homeless and at present and it would appear that due to the owners stance the new stadium is the best way of getting back to playing in Coventry.

Last edited:

Bill Glazier

The real campaign ought to be to get the fl to withdraw the golden share from Sisu in good time before next season, unless they return to the Sisu. Acl's latest rent offer has destroyed any affordability argument they had. Come on fl, grow a pair.

ps1948

I find it funny that the 3 posters on here are happy to say that they are enjoying the Sixfields experience, as is their right, but none of them has answered the original question posed by monkeyface - see original post.

jesus-wept

The sad fact is less and less are that bothered, there are a relative few who bring this up on one or two websites for or against and really believe they talk for most fans. Over the xmas period at the one or two functions and boozers I went to Cov City was never discussed, football was, who will win the Premiership bit of World Cup but no Sky Blue taik. I brought the subject up at one boozer and and no-one knew who we were playing or when so another 6 months down the line that apathy will increase. A

italiahorse

The sad fact is less and less are that bothered, there are a relative few who bring this up on one or two websites for or against and really believe they talk for most fans. Over the xmas period at the one or two functions and boozers I went to Cov City was never discussed, football was, who will win the Premiership bit of World Cup but no Sky Blue taik. I brought the subject up at one boozer and and no-one knew who we were playing or when so another 6 months down the line that apathy will increase. A

Have to agree. After going home and away for years I've lost any incentive for attending matches. They don't feel like my team anymore.
I can relate better by listening on the radio as I can forget we are not in Coventry.

Not sure I can listen once there is nothing to play for, or if this goes into another season, or a new stadium is started, but at the moment I'm still enjoying the wins and feeling down when we loose.

Seems strange I know, but as you get older things like football belonging and favourite music groups apparently become less important (For me).

runner

We keep saying it ... but I honestly don't believe there will ever be a new ground ... something else will happen prior to that ever being built ... just not sure what !

Flying Fokker

The OP confused the Sixfields few by asking them a question they never want to answer. There will be fewer up there next season...unless they pick up some NTFC fans.

WestEndAgro

I'm not prepared to comment on this suituation until SISU say 100% we are/arnt having a new Stadium

Monkeyface

With the recent revelations that SISU have done very little in the way of a new stadium, is anybody now willing to answer my question?

Users who are viewing this thread