New statement (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Just out of interest is there a contractual agreement for the money to be in an Escrow account? If not I assume SISU can withdraw it at any time? Is the Escrow actually under FL control? or is it still under SISU control? The control is important because if it sits with SISU's solicitors then even if the FL say pay it then it doesn't mean that SISU wouldn't challenge legally and delay that payment.

One thing I have learnt with this whole affair is that if SISU point you to look at something then the reality is you need to be looking at something else to know what is going on ....... SISU say in this statement look at the £590k ................... :thinking about:

From what I remember one of the old CCFC entities, probably Ltd, had an obligation to keep the escrow filled but this was a separate account held with ACL and contained £525k. This seems to be a new one where the money serves as a bond of sorts with the FL in exchange for the GS. Not clear who has control.

Ian1779

Just out of interest is there a contractual agreement for the money to be in an Escrow account? If not I assume SISU can withdraw it at any time? Is the Escrow actually under FL control? or is it still under SISU control? The control is important because if it sits with SISU's solicitors then even if the FL say pay it then it doesn't mean that SISU wouldn't challenge legally and delay that payment.

One thing I have learnt with this whole affair is that if SISU point you to look at something then the reality is you need to be looking at something else to know what is going on ....... SISU say in this statement look at the £590k ................... :thinking about:

I thought the whole point of an ESCROW is that a third/another party is in control of it. SISU pay in, and someone else determines where the money goes, but also you can't withdraw from it yourself without the permission of the controlling party.

Surely that would have been what was in place with the original rent agreement that ACL took from when SISU stopped paying rent. If SISU could take out money surely they would have cleared it out too?

Brighton Sky Blue

If ML had actioned this at the time of bringing It up In the media and through fan discussion It would have been resolved by now.

Except ML doesn't pull the strings at club HQ. Seppalla saw that the strike is failing to bust ACL and is now admitting defeat but only in a way that makes the club look like the wronged party. The likes of Fisher and Labovitch may have made her see sense. Who knows.

dongonzalos

but the problem is, there isnt any trust between all parties...so a simple handshake or verbal agreement is never going to happen until one side makes a concrete gesture .:(

they cant even sit in the same room together unless its a courtroom

the only way the seem to communicate is through statements or open letters

PICK UP THE FUCKIN PHONE FOR FUCK SAKE !!

I mean negotiation get the contracts written out. SISU sign their part. However ACL don't sign their section till they are happy that the FL agreed correct amount is paid and the JR dropped.

If we wait till the 7th we then could have weeks of negotiating after that.

wingy

Except ML doesn't pull the strings at club HQ. Seppalla saw that the strike is failing to bust ACL and is now admitting defeat but only in a way that makes the club look like the wronged party. The likes of Fisher and Labovitch may have made her see sense. Who knows.

All true ,i'm not convinced they're that desperate to come home yet,but they an still look like a wronged party .

It may not have been MLs remit but wasn't It at l;east 2-3 weeks after 31/5/14 that the Eascrow arrangement was revealed .

We would still have had resolution before FL/FA shut up for the Summer break.

CovisGod

Personally I think all this is smoke and mirrors, attempting to get people to buy season tickets "just incase" we go back to the Ricoh. It will turn out that after the 6th the offer to ACL will have been 2 packets of walkers crisps, a unicycle and a badger Which ACL will reject and Sisu will proclaim to have "done there best".

Am I the only one that's seen all this tripe before ? I hope to god I'm wrong, I really do but I can't help but think Tim and Joy are sat somewhere doing one of them laughs that baddies do in films

turlykerd

I mean negotiation get the contracts written out. SISU sign their part. However ACL don't sign their section till they are happy that the FL agreed correct amount is paid and the JR dropped.

If we wait till the 7th we then could have weeks of negotiating after that.

i know dong......but i just cant ever see that happening.

in a perfect world where the sky is always blue, there is no hunger or disease in the world and villa cease to exist then they would do this.

J

Jack Griffin

It was reported somewhere, can't remember where - might have been Damien Collins speaking, the other day that the FL insolvency policy requires a payment to be made equal to any payment that would have been made under a CVA that has been rejected. That being the case it is clear the £590K figure is from the CVA. The CVA can't change months later, if ACL had accepted it SISU couldn't have then gone back and said we've changed our mind we're paying less.

Part of the administration process is that the administrator sorts out what is owed to who, if he's got that wrong it's not ACL who should be getting messed around. To me if SISU want to go after anyone they need to take action against Appleton as he's seemingly missed this owed guarantor payment when making his calculations.

Ahhh. the FL policy that is not in the public domain..

theferret

Those suggesting that this is just smoke and mirrors are perhaps understating the significance of this statement. They are losing face here - for so long they said they would never return to the Ricoh under a rental arrangement, now they say they will - that is a huge about turn and I can only imagine they have said it through gritted teeth. I can only assume they are serious, if not desperate just yet.

I also think you have to be incredibly cynical to suggest this is a ploy to coax people to buy season tickets now - especially given that prices will almost certainly be held should we move back say a month into the season.

I know it's easy to take the pessimistic view, but I've had enough of that. This is a significant development and represents a big step in the right direction imo.

Sky Blue Harry H

Personally I think all this is smoke and mirrors, attempting to get people to buy season tickets "just incase" we go back to the Ricoh. It will turn out that after the 6th the offer to ACL will have been 2 packets of walkers crisps, a unicycle and a badger Which ACL will reject and Sisu will proclaim to have "done there best".

Am I the only one that's seen all this tripe before ? I hope to god I'm wrong, I really do but I can't help but think Tim and Joy are sat somewhere doing one of them laughs that baddies do in films

I'm a bit like you on this one - are they trying to position themselves as 'serious negotiators hoping to deliver what their fans want' just for show to the FL, before they meet on 7th August - thus letting the FL to go soft on them, as negotiations appear to be happening - hope not, but remain suspicious (sounds too much like a posturing statement - please let me be 100% wrong)

torchomatic

ACL have stated that they won't discuss a return until legal action has been dropped, rightly or wrongly. Seppala and Fisher are just continuing on about their business as if that statement never existed.
So why dont ACL (who love the club remember) ring 'em up and say lets do it now? How about you drop the legals and we'll drop the money thing? We'll sorg that stuff out round the table at the same time as discussing a Ricoh deal?

Sent from my phone using my chubby sausage fingers so please excuse any errors.

italiahorse

I'm a bit like you on this one - are they trying to position themselves as 'serious negotiators hoping to deliver what their fans want' just for show to the FL, before they meet on 7th August - thus letting the FL to go soft on them, as negotiations appear to be happening - hope not, but remain suspicious (sounds too much like a posturing statement - please let me be 100% wrong)

CCC statement that no negotiations will take place until legal action is withdrawn will knock that on the head.
Surely the FL are not really as stupid as they appear ?

Samo

And then what will they do? Do you think they still believe that ACL are going to fold?

torchomatic

Michael, are you angry they didn't do this by 5pm on Friday?

Looking forward to seeing your statement.

wingy

Whenever I see someone bring this up I can't help but think they are absolutely gutted there is a chance we might be coming home.

I know what you mean but think you're wrong here .

Don't think anyone could not want this to happen ,but TF has real form for this and It needs to be remembered ..

The most significant line for me Is around engagement with the Trust ,couple that with expanding the Board with a couple of Local people and we're really moving ,would definitely help with Discussion IMO.

Last edited:

ccfc92

Whenever I see someone bring this up I can't help but think they are absolutely gutted there is a chance we might be coming home.

Surely it's the opposite? A person who says this will want us to home, as it will prove TF goes back on his word?

letsallsingtogether

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring Boring Boring always goading fellow supporters so you and your cronies can then gang up on them.

Michael, are you angry they didn't do this by 5pm on Friday?

Looking forward to seeing your statement.

covmark

Do people really think they've released this statement to sell a few extra season tickets??? what would be the point of that. say they sold an extra 2000 season tickets. That would be 40k. Ridiculous assumption.

torchomatic

CCC statement that no negotiations will take place until legal action is withdrawn will knock that on the head.
Surely the FL are not really as stupid as they appear ?
Well then CCC are fucking stupid. They should grap thr opportunity with both hands. They are as stubborn as SISU.

torchomatic

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring Boring Boring always goading fellow supporters so you and your cronies can then gang up on them.
I think you need to go back and read some of your own posts.

ajsccfc

My main reason that I hope it's a good sign is that I can end NOPM and finally get that Mathieu Manset postcard I spotted in the club shop.

torchomatic

Do people really think they've released this statement to sell a few extra season tickets??? what would be the point of that. say they sold an extra 2000 season tickets. That would be 40k. Ridiculous assumption.

They say that because they cannot, CANNOT say "yippeee!"

Brighton Sky Blue

It would actually be more like 500k but point taken.

hill83

Surely it's the opposite? A person who says this will want us to home, as it will prove TF goes back on his word?

Maybe, either way, the fact they have seemingly changed their stance can only be a good thing. If it's not a load of bollocks of course.

ccfc92

I think most are just very cautious over all these "fan friendly" statements. We've been shat on as fans since they took over, and now suddenly all pally and on our side?

I pray we are going home, and this is a huge turn around in the fortunes of CCFC, but until it's official and the ink has dried, 90% of me will be expecting the worst unfortunately.

Surely every fan of CCFC can understand this?

letsallsingtogether

Why would it sell extra tickets.

We were told by Joy and Tim at the last forum that if they returned to the Ricoh they would charge the same as shitfields?

CovisGod

I think a lot of our fans are either very young and don't remember how many times we've been lies to in the past or are very naive.

I can think of about 5 occasions around this time of year when "X player won't be sold", "X manager will have X to spend etc."

To call me stupid for not falling for what will probably turn out to be nothing is ridiculous. I will be the first to hold my hands up if I'm wrong and there's certainly no goading going on but I learnt a LONG time ago never to be to over optimistic when it comes to CCFC

olderskyblue

I agree with NW on this. ACL should meet with SISU, and talk (call their bluff).

The end result of this I fear, would be a statement from ACL saying SISU are once again on cloud cuckoo land, expecting everything for very little whilst not conceding an inch. I hope i'm wrong, but I agree with OSB58's view

One thing I have learnt with this whole affair is that if SISU point you to look at something then the reality is you need to be looking at something else to know what is going on ......

ArchieLittle

Box ticking exercise before FL meeting.
Communicate with fans, check
Pay ACL, check
Work towards return to Coventry, check

Thats a relief we're fully up to date on FL commitments, can we go down the pub now?

italiahorse

Well then CCC are fucking stupid. They should grap thr opportunity with both hands. They are as stubborn as SISU.

So you would negotiate with your previous lodger who owed you money for renting a room in your house whilst he is taking you to court in an attempt to get your house because you remortgaged. I admire your forgiving nature.

stupot07

So you would negotiate with your previous lodger who owed you money for renting a room in your house whilst he is taking you to court in an attempt to get your house because you remortgaged. I admire your forgiving nature.

If we were taking about renting a room, then no, because you can get another tenant easy enough (there is a big housing shortage after all), but the Ricoh and ccfc scenario is different, there isn't a queue of tenants lining up to rent a football pitch that will bring 10k+ customers to the Ricoh every other week so in this instance Yes I would, because those negotiations would likely include an agreement that said court action stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread