New Stoppage time (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

Sounds like we should be getting used to Worldcup levels of stoppage time added at the end of each half..

Grendel

Great

SonofErnie

Good, I want to see a full 90 minutes of football and if it takes 3 hours to complete a game I'm happy to sit and watch it.

Theres been too much fannying around for too long.

The average in-play time last season was 55 mins for premier league games. Under this system we will move towards 30 minute halves.

djr8369

Sounds like we should be getting used to Worldcup levels of stoppage time added at the end of each half..

Looking at the stuff about penalties, “holding, pulling and pushing” are a bit vague and done all the time as part of defending. OK, but stricter with VAR but I’m wondering is that any different to previous rules aside from saying certain offences will just be yellows?

shmmeee

Like the sound of the new injury rules. Though I thought that was already the rule?

Irish Sky Blue

Like the sound of the new injury rules. Though I thought that was already the rule?
I was surprised it is stated so blatantly that the correct time wasn’t added on before. It states in the article above that ‘a nominal amount of time’ would be added. It’s no wonder teams deliberately wasted time when quite clearly the referee was doing very little about it.

wingy

Not a fan myself. Will be lots more suspensions and injuries
Enough subs for that, no?
However as for discipline to avoid the pitfalls, probably dissapea as the season unfolds, creating lots of debate for the pundits to waffle on.

Sbarcher

Barnsley 6-0 up and their keeper gets booked on 90mins for time wasting!

Greggs

Could have played 30 minutes added on and we'd still not scored. We're pathetic without Hamer.

slowpoke

It’s a great rule change and a bit of a game changer, I noticed Sunday there wasn’t a lot of rolling around and playing dead when tackled let’s see if that continues I can’t remember either of the physios coming on to treat players. There was nine minutes added which at the time I thought where did that come from but obviously did.

From our ccfc point of view we are normally strong physically in the latter stages of games so an added 9/10 minutes or more we should be happy about.
There are going to be a lot of late goals throughout this season.

djr8369

It’s a great rule change and a bit of a game changer, I noticed Sunday there wasn’t a lot of rolling around and playing dead when tackled let’s see if that continues I can’t remember either of the physios coming on to treat players. There was nine minutes added which at the time I thought where did that come from but obviously did.

From our ccfc point of view we are normally strong physically in the latter stages of games so an added 9/10 minutes or more we should be happy about.
There are going to be a lot of late goals throughout this season.
On Su day we looked dead on out by 80 mins whereas Leicester still had energy. Lack of preseason games obviously didn’t help so hopefully that will improve.

Users who are viewing this thread