New Swedish investors on the way? (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

Coventry Observer reporter Steve Carpenter (@stevecarpo) has just tweeted:
A new investor group from Sweden are apparently looking into the possibility of investing in Coventry City and the Ricoh Arena

He says this is all he knows and it's just something he's been told.

For me there's a couple of key parts to take from this too, aside from the obvious "holy fuck, someone might actually invest!".
The first is that they're looking into investing into the stadium as well as the club, very good news indeed.
And the second is that they're "looking into the possibility". So likely still at an early stage, could yet fall apart.

But promising news if true!

On a side note, wonder if this is tomorrow's "big news" in the CET?

The CableGuy

If true, its welcome news, but....we've been here before.

Remember the Manhattan Group?

Fooking so tired of false dawns for this club, on and off the pitch.

The CableGuy

I hope its something.....bigger than this to be honest.

I want 'Investors to invest into CCFC', not 'Well, these investors are kinda maybe looking into it.'

Last edited:

hitmanhearns

As I am swedish I spent the last 10 minutes scanning all swedish sportspages on the web and there´s nothing bout any investors here in sweden...I hope you are right though.
On a sidenote, I found that Roland Nilsson on march 16 were talked about as the new ccfc manager but it now looks like he will leave malmo for fc Copenhagen and champion league football.

Jimthor

Steve has now added:
"Nothing more than a rumour I would think. We shall see."

I'd expect the CET to have something more substantial tomorrow too, although they do seem to thrive on non-stories at times, so who knows. Maybe they will be persuing this story except with more depth and evidence.

GaryPendrysEyes

The rumour mill seems to be building in a positive way... I am beginning to feel some optimism,, unusual for a miserable old &^%$:p

sky_blue_up_north

Hope it's not another pie in the sky deal with no chance of it happening been let down to many times

Nick

Administrator
Maybe he will buy both teams and have them as a feeder club like on FM!

I think the rumour mills will be working overtime until Wednesday.

rob9872

Maybe Ulri-ka-ka-ka will be buying us because she wants to sleep with one (or more) of our players

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I tell you what if i wake up tomorrow and with all this hype i read on the back of the telegraph O'Halloran seals a new contract.... i will go into the CET building with dual uzi's and start mowing me some journalist's down!

...... I Joke don't call the police, if it is that news. ;)

rob9872

I tell you what if i wake up tomorrow and with all this hype i read on the back of the telegraph O'Halloran seals a new contract.... i will go into the CET building with dual uzi's and start mowing me some journalist's down!

We wouldn't call them we would all be looking forward to Wednesday's edition when SBT gets a mention for "crazed internet psycopath goes on killing frenzy"

Nick

Administrator

Would be a co incidence if that happened though!

OyJimmy

Wait now I don't know if I want us to be taken over by the Swedes or a middle East oil sheik. Boobs or burka's?

rob9872

Burkha over the boobs is fine if the eye hole is where the nips are :)

Jimthor

Can you imagine a football team run by ikea?! They'd show up with only 10 players and fall apart as soon as there's any pressure on them! ;D

JCR1987

Can you imagine a football team run by ikea?! They'd show up with only 10 players and fall apart as soon as there's any pressure on them! ;D

and imagine trying to get out of the Ricoh after the game - it'd take hours... oh, hang on, it already does!!

Godiva

Maybe he will buy both teams and have them as a feeder club like on FM!

I think it would be the other way around ...

Users who are viewing this thread