Next Manager (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

fdf09d9199b568777131ad1e23a40ec6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He could start by resigning!

oucho

Mark Robins or Kenny Jackett, if they would be happy to come here.

SkyBlueRuffian

Excluding most people who seem to want ricketts as our next manager who realistically should we go for to try build a squad capable of pushing for promotion out on league 2 next season?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Someone young, raw and hungry

steve82

Mark Robins or Kenny Jackett, if they would be happy to come here.

Someone young, raw and hungry

Mark Robbins stock has dropped but I don't think he'd be that stupid given the reason why he left is still here.
Kenny Jackett you've aimed way to high!!
And as for someone young raw and hungry why the fuck would they want to join this circus if they have ambitions of a managerial career.
If we are to look away from Slade for next season then you need to be looking down at managerial names not up. Names that most won't of even heard of!!
we are at a terrible low with little to offer careers.

Otis

Can't seem to find the length of his contract at Tamworth anywhere, but they took him on in 2014, so you would imagine 3 years tops, so he might well be out of contact this year.

Covcraig@bury

Excluding most people who seem to want ricketts as our next manager who realistically should we go for to try build a squad capable of pushing for promotion out on league 2 next season?

Side show Bob and Coco the Clown , we might as well because we`re the laughing stock of football !!!

higgs

Michael appellton would be a good appointment for our league two campaign

SlowerThanPlatt

Why would he leave Oxford to join us? Maybe 5 years ago but not now. I think we'll either promote from within or look in League 2/Conference for a manager.

steve82

Why would he leave Oxford to join us? Maybe 5 years ago but not now. I think we'll either promote from within or look in League 2/Conference for a manager.

Your looking the wrong way.... not a chance.
Will be names you don't even no for forgot we're alive.
Your realistic options are Slade stays on, a Ricketts and Tudgay dream team, a non league man or a Ronnie Moore, John Coleman type appointment who's had there careers.
Greg Abbott could be a wildcard....

SlowerThanPlatt

Maybe Mark Cooper from Forest Green. Led Swindon to 8th in his first season then the play-offs in the next.

Was at Notts County last season, he met the points target the board wanted but opted to join Forest Green. Currently 4th in the Conference.

41% win ratio at Swindon and 51% at Forest Green. He's on a five year contract though and I think Forest Green are funded by a very wealthy backer despite their small crowds

Colin Steins Smile

Until the clubs infrastructure is sorted out then any manager is going to struggle. There needs to be a comprehensive strategic plan developed and underpinned by a business plan that provides the resources for improvement in the club.

JJ Smith

Martin Allen recently sacked from eastleigh, done ok wherever he has been bar Eastleigh, works ok on a budget and one thing he doesn't lack is passion.

steve82

Martin Allen recently sacked from eastleigh, done ok wherever he has been bar Eastleigh, works ok on a budget and one thing he doesn't lack is passion.

Not so sure most or players parents will like his management style!! Be a lot of sad little boys coming home.
Seems to be more Miss at clubs than a hit. Done ok at Gillingham but more so at several spells at Barnet.
Plus I think TM would be to scared to hire him!

no_loyalty

What about Andy Morell?

52% win rate at Wrexham and now a 53% win rate at Tamworth.

Good shout, I initially said Eustace but he is only just cutting his teeth in management so needs to gain more experience, whereas Morrell has been in management for some time

Cov kid 55

Whoever does get this job, if RS leaves, has my sympathy. Not only will he be working for very difficult owners, but as soon as he loses a few games, he'll be called everything from a pig to a cow, at games and on these forums. It's all very well naming all these prospects, but if any of them have a choice, I can't see them choosing us. So, as with TM and RS, we'll end up with someone out of the game who wants to get back in, or someone very inexperienced, or, from within the club - i.e. Rickets. Same with players, I'm guessing players and Managers talk to each other within the game, and the poison chalice that we currently are will be well known. Whoever comes, players or Managers, are on a hiding to nothing.

CCFC_maddog

One thing that is for sure is there are going to be a lot of players leaving at the end of the season be it out of contract (not wanting to sign another contract), loans, releases and players who will be bought. This leaves a hell of a job for the next manager.

At this point in time our U23's and U18's are our future, couple of things on this 1- how many U18' have even trained with the first team this year (to gain experience)? 2- only 2 under 18's have currently been offered pro deals! Real risk of the other U18's being poached by other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread