Next season is going to be a Mess (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Cant help thinking that next season is going to be interesting for all the wrong reasons - I predict

Low attendances (No preperation has yet taken place to sell season tickets and with all the doubt about the venue to play home games who in their right mind is going to commit to buying one anyway?)

Player Exodus (Decent players will want some security so we will end up with drifters and unwanted strays)

Relegation to League 2 or close to it! (Steven Pressley with deserve a medal if he can keep us up)

Probably SISU will still be in control (I hope not but cant see any new people sorting this out in time for next season)

Sorry to be all doom and gloom but can anybody out there give me a reason to be cheerfull?

PLEASE.......................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Last edited:
wow - cheers for that, the season only finished last week - do you wake up every morning thinking today I could die?

Ashdown1

It could gain some impetus and be a lot better if we are rid of the vermin hedge fund. A new owner by the end of June, transfer embargo lifted, stadium agreement in place, F & B revenue { As small as it is}, bank accounts unfrozen, tickets on sale, club shop back at the Ricoh, new shirts released !!
SISU IN......................Disaster and uncertainty
SISU OUT...................Surge of optimism !!

bigfatronssba

I do think if sisu are still in control next season relegation is highly likely.

Bassman

You forgot possible points deductions for either leaving admin without a CVA, having potentially fielded ineligible players (3rd party ownership), or any other number of shenanigans likely to come to light in the next few weeks.

I've got a feeling the football league might well throw the book at us.

GaryJones

Thanks for that! -:( I feel much better now - NOT!

Nonleagueherewecome

The OP pretty much sums up the telephone conversation I had with my brother last night. Hope it doesn't come to it, but the best way I can think of to enjoy the summer is to a)Ignore football b)Hope we smash the Aussies in The Ashes!

GaryJones

Good call - Im going to ignore football and concentrate all my efforts on coaching the juniors at the rowing club - its good honest effort with everyone involved supporting the atheletes development and the good of the club in general from top to bottom and we all do it for free - I just wish the same could be said of Coventry City!

The OP pretty much sums up the telephone conversation I had with my brother last night. Hope it doesn't come to it, but the best way I can think of to enjoy the summer is to a)Ignore football b)Hope we smash the Aussies in The Ashes!

c) get wrecked in the back garden

Users who are viewing this thread