Next Season Realism (1 Viewer)

andy_scates

Unless this stadium, ownership and embargo situation solves within the next 2 months I can't help but think next season is already a write off, take into account how poor we were at the start of the season with no main goalscorer, and again now we have no Clarke, we've hardly scored a goal in the last 7 games, and not long before that we were the leagues top goalscorers with an away record to match anyone! I don't think Clarke will get us anywhere near enough goals to mount a meaningful promotion push on his on, so the sooner we are bought and the embargo is lifted the better! Otherwise it's another season near the bottom I think!

WillieStanley

There is no speculation about next season. We can't even speculate tomorrow at the moment. We're just riding the waves, unfortunately. We haven't even got indications of players, where they'll play, who will be in charge, what is available or even who (if any) our shirt sponser is going to be.

Unless we get a new owner who will actually sort the club out and put his money into the club, i cant see us finishing in the top 10. And history shows us that teams relegated from the Champ need to get out of L1 in 2 years or wont get out at all. All we need is a few wise investments and some team spirit and we can get play-offs at least, but we will find neither with SISU

WillieStanley

Unless we get a new owner who will actually sort the club out and put his money into the club, i cant see us finishing in the top 10. And history shows us that teams relegated from the Champ need to get out of L1 in 2 years or wont get out at all. All we need is a few wise investments and some team spirit and we can get play-offs at least, but we will find neither with SISU

You don't know, Leeds had a good few years down in League 1!!

wingy

If they're still here ,we are gonna be pulled by their Vortex through the trap door to DIV 4:thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

Took Charlton and Forest three years?

Nonleagueherewecome

It took most clubs 2-3 years.

One year of denial/Bigtimecharliesyndrome, one for clearing the decks, and a third in which they "hit the ground running" and have sorted the mess out in time to have a serious crack. Charlton practically got through three sides-each manager (and there were a few before Powell) brought in loads of his own players and couldn't get rid of the ones his predecessor had signed. Preston are an interesting outside bet for next year based on being in Year 3, but they look about as much of a mess as ever tbh.

andy_scates

One year of denial/Bigtimecharliesyndrome, one for clearing the decks, and a third in which they "hit the ground running" and have sorted the mess out in time to have a serious crack. Charlton practically got through three sides-each manager (and there were a few before Powell) brought in loads of his own players and couldn't get rid of the ones his predecessor had signed. Preston are an interesting outside bet for next year based on being in Year 3, but they look about as much of a mess as ever tbh.

Sounds a bit like "Operation Premiership" to me, and look how that turned out

Nonleagueherewecome

Sounds a bit like "Operation Premiership" to me, and look how that turned out

I'm just saying what actually happens, not stating it as a "Plan"!

Tonylinc

There is absolutely no chance of this mess being sorted out before the start of next season thus, we are unfortunately resigned to at least another season in this league. It could of course also result in a further relegation but I don't want to go there!

skyblueman

Was in our hands this season and we just threw it away - it could all been so different- McGoldrick exits - then Robins - a total f*&k up - we are well and truly shafted - all for short term-ism agendas saving a few quid - a total and complete miss-management that spells noting but more decline - this is looking terminal

andy_scates

Was in our hands this season and we just threw it away - it could all been so different- McGoldrick exits - then Robins - a total f*&k up - we are well and truly shafted - all for short term-ism agendas saving a few quid - a total and complete miss-management that spells noting but more decline - this is looking terminal

Although we all like to hate on Robins, I applaud the man, saw all this coming and did what every person would do, get himself a secure job while he has the opportunity

andy_scates

Although we all like to hate on Robins, I applaud the man, saw the danger coming and protected himself by getting a secure job

andy_scates

Robins protected himself, fair play to him, getting into a secure job when he sensed danger, McGoldrick wanted to stay but forest didnt want to pay half his wages and we couldn't afford them all, everything unfolded uncontrollably

J

Jack Griffin

So much for Joy's promotion budget.. all talk, no substance..

I think relagation is on the cards as SISU trim to get neutal cash balance, while at the same time moving stadium & therefore paying out a lot more..

This is a hedge fund reality check.

stupot07

So much for Joy's promotion budget.. all talk, no substance..

I think relagation is on the cards as SISU trim to get neutal cash balance, while at the same time moving stadium & therefore paying out a lot more..

This is a hedge fund reality check.

You can't say the managers hasn't been backed this season, we have one of the biggest budgets in the league. The problem is they let Thorn blow it all - too many of his signings have failed to have an impact, in fact only Jennings and edge have really played a significant part this season, fleck has only just started getting regular starts since SP came in.

J

Jack Griffin

You can't say the managers hasn't been backed this season, we have one of the biggest budgets in the league. The problem is they let Thorn blow it all - too many of his signings have failed to have an impact, in fact only Jennings and edge have really played a significant part this season, fleck has only just started getting regular starts since SP came in.

The table doesn't lie my friend, they bought mid table medeocrity.. that is with the 10pts added back in. Can't even compete with Orient & Walsall... thanks SISU.

Grendel

The table doesn't lie my friend, they bought mid table medeocrity.. that is with the 10pts added back in. Can't even compete with Orient & Walsall... thanks SISU.

Er but our budget was massively higher than those teams

Or has that point gone over your head. Blame the useless fool who blew the big budget for that one.

Brighton Sky Blue

Er but our budget was massively higher than those teams

Or has that point gone over your head. Blame the useless fool who blew the big budget for that one.

Indeed, but blame has to be taken for keeping him on in the first place. An error which ultimately derailed our chances before kick off.

Users who are viewing this thread