Next supporters forum 18 April (2 Viewers)

SBbucks

Also I thought I heard the new TV deal would mean more weekend matches but just not at 3 on Saturdays.

There won’t be more weekend matches as there will still be approximately the same number of weekends available.
However there will be many more live matches (double the current number?) and the “weekend” will be stretched (possibly even to Thursday when there are no scheduled midweek games?). That means there will be a lot less 3pm Saturday games, with the rest scattered across the weekend filling all the available gaps in the Sky schedule.

Hertsccfc

There won’t be more weekend matches as there will still be approximately the same number of weekends available.
However there will be many more live matches (double the current number?) and the “weekend” will be stretched (possibly even to Thursday when there are no scheduled midweek games?). That means there will be a lot less 3pm Saturday games, with the rest scattered across the weekend filling all the available gaps in the Sky schedule.
I think that's what I was saying.

mmttww

New question(s):

However we fund it, is there a plan for a dedicated Academy site?

Any plans to close the Academy and follow the 'B Team' approach?

Adge

Jeez! People are expecting somebody to go to a supporters meeting, be taken seriously and ask questions about the bogs! Wonder if the club will take it on board and enquire which ones flush properly! 🤣

shmmeee

Jeez! People are expecting somebody to go to a supporters meeting, be taken seriously and ask questions about the bogs! Wonder if the club will take it on board and enquire which ones flush properly! 🤣

It’s literally a match day experience focus group, more appropriate than “Why have you spent all the Vik money on hair spray?” Or whatever.

Flying Fokker

Fans going away , support the team and help the players and the club. That is hardly nothing! Its not all about money!

The point about ifollow and locality points has merit though.
They also spend a damn sight more than 10 quid. It works for away fans coming to us so more or less evens out.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just shows the level of the IQ of some people, the Club are not responsible for the upkeep of the bogs. 🤔

Flying Fokker

Yeah my ST was £250....I'll probably only do 16 games due to other commitments and fixtures being moved but it's still far cheaper than paying as you go (I'd be able to do about 8 games for £250)
Near break even plus you can buy a Wembley ticket.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If they have, it’s still rubbish at the top of block 16. Can’t here any announcements but just about hear WLADITT

Could it be they need a proper DJ to operate the decks.

the club dj GIF by Robin Schulz

MalcSB

Hi Pete,
Could you raise the crap experience people have with Ticket Master. It's not just matches such as the semi final, people have issues with it all the time.
It would seem that seats have been shown as light blue -available (not matching filters) which either were't available at all (in which case they should have been grey) or held in some sort of parallel universe until some random time in the future at which point they become dark blue .It seems as if people have gone and bought compromise tickets, with groups not together, only to find that seats suddenly have become available.
I think it really does tarnish the experience and reflects badly on the club when so much else has improved dramatically.

Flying Fokker

Hi Pete,
Could you raise the crap experience people have with Ticket Master. It's not just matches such as the semi final, people have issues with it all the time.
It would seem that seats have been shown as light blue -available (not matching filters) which either were't available at all (in which case they should have been grey) or held in some sort of parallel universe until some random time in the future at which point they become dark blue .It seems as if people have gone and bought compromise tickets, with groups not together, only to find that seats suddenly have become available.
I think it really does tarnish the experience and reflects badly on the club when so much else has improved dramatically.
Us oldies feel inadequate. Found myself researching ‘how to make Ticketmaster work on iPad and PC’….Google Chrome seemed to be the go to Browser. No problem thereafter.

AOM

Hi Pete,

The page with the stadium map is so slow, I lost out on my first selection of seats yesterday as it took so long to load.

It's bad enough with the CBS Arena map, the Wembley one nearly made me put my laptop out the window

edgy

Hi Pete,

I get the experience is crap, it is really poor.

But point of order before putting that argument across. A light blue dot indicates the seat has been selected or put in a basket by someone else. It is not available for you to select at that time. Should that person's basket time out or they deselect that seat, the dot will become dark blue on a refresh.

Sky Blue Pete

But point of order before putting that argument across. A light blue dot indicates the seat has been selected or put in a basket by someone else. It is not available for you to select at that time. Should that person's basket time out or they deselect that seat, the dot will become dark blue on a refresh.
Yep there’s a key at the top of the page unless people only have a black and white laptop

MalcSB

Edgy and @Sky Blue Pete The key said that light blue is Available (not matching filters).

It doesn’t say what you suggest is Indicated. Had the key said something like “Unavailable pending completion of purchase” or “Unavailable in someone else’s basket” I and countless others wouldn’t have wasted time and frustration trying to pick the light blue seats we really wanted.

I think eventually people cotton on to what it means. I ended up with a seat fairly close to where I wanted to be. Others have ended up severely compromising, some to the point of not sitting together, only for the ideal seats to become “dark blue” later. I don’t think the 30 minutes to complete purchases helps and is totally unnecessary. 5 minutes should be more than enough.

Last edited:

Martw

Mmm-not sure about that. I can only see season ticket take up being better next season and higher than the 19,000 this season due to the continued progress we are making.
My concern being a ST who travels a couple of hours to a home game is the new TV deal which if I remember correctly will have a massive number of games being shown live next year in the Championship. Obv that for me makes it a harder decision to renew. I would like to see the return of the 6 and or 12 match packages , probably selfish request but that would be perfect for me.

SleepyGinger

Would the club consider doing food and drink at reduced prices in the stadium in the hours before kick off to reduce the amount of traffic outside the ground in the half hour before kick off?

MalcSB

Would the club consider doing food and drink at reduced prices in the stadium in the hours before kick off to reduce the amount of traffic outside the ground in the half hour before kick off?
Drink is (generally) cheaper for about half an hour after doors open. Camden pale for £4.70.

I never have to queue to get in!

wingy

I'm all for queuing me, tickets and everything, friendships formed for life a bond!

Instead we get a a continuous stream of abuse and sniping,, I'm in the old school!! Newest is best FO!

Frostie

Why have the reusable plastic pint glasses been replaced by paper cups in the concourse?

Biggest downgrade since we signed Kyle Lightbourne to replace Peter Ndlovu.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

My concern being a ST who travels a couple of hours to a home game is the new TV deal which if I remember correctly will have a massive number of games being shown live next year in the Championship. Obv that for me makes it a harder decision to renew. I would like to see the return of the 6 and or 12 match packages , probably selfish request but that would be perfect for me.
6,9 or 12 package is a much better option to for me much more realistic when you don't live in Coventry area.

Deity

Hi Pete,

leaving the official car parks after the match is a nightmare with no obvious systems in place to keep the traffic flowing, people trying to find short cuts etc etc. any plans to take some professional advice to help resolve this now we are getting much higher crowds ?

Users who are viewing this thread