Nice Work Tim - Telegraph interview today (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Basically to sum it up... We have listened to you and we hear you...

But tough we are not playing in Coventry again.

Gray

Sorry Tim we now have a plan b in place too. You'll be playing "home" matches in an empty stadium next year

KersleyDigs

Is he thick or something?! His choice is: move, rent a stadium, sell no tickets for 'home games', lose more money, sell no replica kits, lose more money? SISU just don't seem to realise that they have lost the fans for real over this!!!

Voice_of_Reason

What a load of bollocks, Tim ! Plan A is still open for you, so stop bull shitting us. You can still negotiate with ACL. This is, of course,if your Company has the Golden Share ! Stop treating us like idiots.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Like you will ever listen to the fans. You are nothing more than a lap dog to women that has no interest in anything but earning management fees for her company, not that you have done anything to earn these fees, as well as the tax right off you get for loosing money incured by these so called fees so you pay less tax on other parts of your business. All you and she has done since you have been involved in our CLUB, as you and she view it as a business, is move from one shambles o the next with broken promises and spin. She, and you to a certain extent, are nothing more than leaches getting rich on the misery you cause through your asset stripping of companys with no thought to what they mean to the people who work in or the communitys they belong too. The best thing that can happen is you are gotten rid of, if it means starting again then so be it. We are sick of your smug photos and contrite answers, we hope you are struck off as a director for the way you have treated us all, would it bother you NO, because at the end of the day you are being paid a substantial amount of money and will get in your Range Rover with your dog and tootal back off to the home counties to your nice little family and big house beacause at the end of the day you dont have a concience. I am a big believer in karma Tim me old mate, what goes around comes around and you and Joy will get yours. SKY BLUE TILL WE DIE.

chiefdave

What a load of bollocks, Tim ! Plan A is still open for you, so stop bull shitting us. You can still negotiate with ACL. This is, of course,if your Company has the Golden Share ! Stop treating us like idiots.

I think we'd all prefer to lock everyone in a room until they come to an agreement and my gut feeling is that we will be at the Ricoh next season but I think ACL need to make the next move with regard to negotiation.

Seems to me there is a total breakdown there and little chance of moving forward without a change in personnel on one, if not both, sides. Was hoping the change in council leader would bring this about but immediately placing Mutton in charge makes that seem unlikely. Recent statements from ACL have stated that they will not speak to Fisher or SISU, bit hard to negotiateif the other side won't talk to you!

My understanding is that an agreement separateto the lease was made for the last 3 games of the season. If I was ACL I would release a statement saying whilst the club remains in administration they are happy to continue on the same terms as for those 3 games with whoever the football league deems to be running the football club. It's a win win to me. Puts the ball back firmly in SISUs court, no way they can then say they are locked out and makes ACL look the more reasonableof the two sides. Also puts some pressure on the football league to make a statement over who is actually in charge.

withnail

I can't see SISU ploughing in as much as they have done since they came all over again.
They're going to have to pay...
- a bond to the football league,
- rent on the ground share (and you can guarantee who ever it is will want that up front),
- the cost of a new stadium,
...and all this with (if you believe the various polls) around 10% of the meager crowds we got last year.
To me it appears to be nonsense.

If it's not I'm looking forward to some epic packed away game days out next season.

LJC_CCFC

So much bollocks coming from everyone associated with the club atm...wake me up when we start talking about football again

Otis

Sorry Tim we now have a plan b in place too. You'll be playing "home" matches in an empty stadium next year

He doesn't seem to understand that hardened veteran supporters, like myself, who have been going up since the late 1960's and had a season ticket for many, many seasons will no longer go.

I'm sure the vast majority feel exactly the same way.

The stadium isn't going to be empty, but it's going to be very close and without revenue from tickets how on earth are we going to be able to wheel and deal in the transfer market and be able to create a squad that can compete on an even footing with every other club in this division.

Could well find that we have the lowest gates in League One and this will make us the poor cousins. This is surely then going to result in a relegation dogfight and the distinct possibility of us dropping down to bottom tier.

You also have to wonder how on earth are CCFC going to be able to attract players to this club.

I looked on Google to see if I could find Tim's address so I could write to him, but seemingly he is living on another planet.

torchomatic

Delboycov

I think we'd all prefer to lock everyone in a room until they come to an agreement and my gut feeling is that we will be at the Ricoh next season but I think ACL need to make the next move with regard to negotiation.

Seems to me there is a total breakdown there and little chance of moving forward without a change in personnel on one, if not both, sides. Was hoping the change in council leader would bring this about but immediately placing Mutton in charge makes that seem unlikely. Recent statements from ACL have stated that they will not speak to Fisher or SISU, bit hard to negotiateif the other side won't talk to you!

My understanding is that an agreement separateto the lease was made for the last 3 games of the season. If I was ACL I would release a statement saying whilst the club remains in administration they are happy to continue on the same terms as for those 3 games with whoever the football league deems to be running the football club. It's a win win to me. Puts the ball back firmly in SISUs court, no way they can then say they are locked out and makes ACL look the more reasonableof the two sides. Also puts some pressure on the football league to make a statement over who is actually in charge.

I agree with that as it would 'smoke' SISU out once and for all and we would have confirmation of exactly what their agenda is which I still believe is distressing ACL, hence the judicial review regarding the council loan and ultimately getting the Ricoh on the cheap. I don't blame ACL for refusing to deal with them though as going by the FL stance regarding who holds the golden share, the club is in administration and is being run by Paul Appleton....I think in view of the pace at which things seem to be going now,we need clarification of this immediately before SISU really do kill the club, which any move out of this city will almost certainly do.

Delboycov

He doesn't seem to understand that hardened veteran supporters, like myself, who have been going up since the late 1960's and had a season ticket for many, many seasons will no longer go.

I'm sure the vast majority feel exactly the same way.

The stadium isn't going to be empty, but it's going to be very close and without revenue from tickets how on earth are we going to be able to wheel and deal in the transfer market and be able to create a squad that can compete on an even footing with every other club in this division.

Could well find that we have the lowest gates in League One and this will make us the poor cousins. This is surely then going to result in a relegation dogfight and the distinct possibility of us dropping down to bottom tier.

You also have to wonder how on earth are CCFC going to be able to attract players to this club.

I looked on Google to see if I could find Tim's address so I could write to him, but seemingly he is living on another planet.

Couldn't have put it any better myself Otis. They are clearly contemplating 'Hari-kari' but unfortunately they're going to take us all with them as well.

ccfc92

Does anyone else see these stories and honestly don't care or believe anything anymore? I just wanna see ccfc play football.

The Penguin

Does anyone else see these stories and honestly don't care or believe anything anymore? I just wanna see ccfc play football.

I wouldn't say I don't care, it relates to the future of the club, but I certainly don't believe anything anyone says anymore, least of all Fisher.

Also, I think we'd all prefer to be talking about which overrated crap players Pressley was bringing in for the upcoming season :D

Delboycov

I actually do believe it now. Maybe I'm naive but with deadlines looming for us to confirm where we'll be playing etc there needs to be some damn quick backtracking.

Noggin

it's crap. slow and riddled with pop up and adverts, audio ones too.

Its by far the worst website I visit, Adverts dominate the majority of the screen, there are video adverts, pop up adverts, banners, audio adverts, when they produce their own videos the sound quality and picture quality is worse than kids manage on youtube, often significantly worse. There is very little investigative journalism, the articles are frequently just press releases from the club dressed up. It's terrible all around, unfortunately we don't have any other choices.

ajsccfc

“So we hear loud and clear both the message from the supporters via the Telegraph campaign and our own consultation with fans and we agree with them.”

see+hear+speak+no+evil.jpg

I prefer the new Telegraph site, although I use adblock so I don't see/hear the ads and get nothing but that top-class local news.

covcity4life

make it small like juves new ground...17-20k and it coudl be good atmosphjere

only if its in cov though...outskirts can kiss my behind!

Otis

''So we hear loud and clear both the message from the supporters via the Telegraph campaign and our own consultation with fans and we agree with them.”

Is he even thicker than we ever imagined?

He hears us loud and clear and he agrees with us, the fans, the fans who are saying they will not go to these away/home games and yet, they are pushing ahead anyway. :facepalm:

How can he agree with us and then go and do exactly the opposite of what we want? :whistle:

Delboycov

make it small like juves new ground...17-20k and it coudl be good atmosphjere

only if its in cov though...outskirts can kiss my behind!

I think it's quite clear that the plans they have...or not depending on your point of view...are to build a ground outside Coventry-and by Coventry I mean the city of Coventry. The carefully chosen words used by TF "in the vicinity of Coventry" ,"Coventry local area" says to me it will be outside the city. I mean how difficult is it to say IN bloody Coventry?!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
has anyone else spotted that this is an implicit admission by TF .............

If they were putting forward the plan for a new stadium in December then they had no intention of agreeing a rental that would keep the club at the Ricoh. The discussions that took place in January 2013 were at best based on two different premises ....... a short term deal for SISU and a long term deal offered by ACL to CCFC. At worst the discussions to lower the rent and gain access other income streams were simply not entered in to in good faith because TF & co were always going to leave - any offer or heads of terms were never going to be good enough.

anyone starting to see a thread to this or a plan mixed in with all the PR?

Brighton Sky Blue

If they were putting forward the plan for a new stadium in December then they had no intention of agreeing a rental that would keep the club at the Ricoh. The discussions that took place in January 2013 were at best based on two different premises ....... a short term deal for SISU and a long term deal offered by ACL to CCFC. At worst the discussions to lower the rent and gain access other income streams were simply not entered in to in good faith because TF & co were always going to leave - any offer or heads of terms were never going to be good enough.

It's either an admission or it's black and white proof that he's a liar. His choice!

chiefdave

I think it's quite clear that the plans they have...or not depending on your point of view...are to build a ground outside Coventry-and by Coventry I mean the city of Coventry. The carefully chosen words used by TF "in the vicinity of Coventry" ,"Coventry local area" says to me it will be outside the city. I mean how difficult is it to say IN bloody Coventry?!

Is there a handy map somewhere showing exactly where the city of coventry ends? I assume this is also where the influence of the council over planning and such like ends as well.

Delboycov

Is there a handy map somewhere showing exactly where the city of coventry ends? I assume this is also where the influence of the council over planning and such like ends as well.

I've always thought it's CV1-CV6 with a few exceptions I would've thought. Anywhere outside those postcodes for me anyway would be playing outside the city.

ajsccfc

I took the Juventus comparison to mean more 'a ground capacity more in keeping with our numbers' than 'let's copy that'.

Delboycov

Well spotted OSB...too bad the CT aren't as on the ball. Maybe someone can ask him for clarification of this at the possible upcoming forums?

torchomatic

Christ this is what it's come down to. Post codes. I'm not supporting the team if they play in CV8. No way, Jose!

I've always thought it's CV1-CV6 with a few exceptions I would've thought. Anywhere outside those postcodes for me anyway would be playing outside the city.

Users who are viewing this thread