Nice Work Tim - Telegraph interview today (1 Viewer)

Noggin

Christ this is what it's come down to. Post codes. I'm not supporting the team if they play in CV8. No way, Jose!

Both you and grendel have said you won't go if they make you move seats so perhaps you shouldn't throw stones in your glass house. But otherwise I agree with you the postcode is irrelevent (other than for planning permission etc) the stadium needs to be close enough for quick access from as much as the city as possible, needs good transport links and it needs to be a good size it's postcode matters very little.

Honestly though it's not building a new stadium I'm worried about even if I do belive it to be incredably flawed idea, it's the 3 (or more likely 5) years that we will spend away from the city as it's going to kill or at least irreparably damage the club. I can see us perhaps even falling out of the league completly.

Houdi

SISU position is now incredibly weak and getting weaker by the hour.They would have had next to no income since last month,and in a few days time they will have to find another circa £500,000 just to pay the players and the staff.From here on it will just get worse,as they very shortly have to tell everybody what ground they intend to use next year.They will have to provide guarantees to the league about their ability to fund the club next year,to pay the rent for the ground,and provide a credible plan for building and financing a new ground.
Even supporters who are SISU neutral or just want to carrying on supporting CCFC regardless of who owns the club,would be taking an risk in handing money over to an organisation,which is haemorrhaging money at an alarming rate.It is hard to see the club selling virtually any season tickets,it is not as though fans won't be able to get a ticket on matchdays.Can anybody see SISU stomaching losses,which are only likely to get even bigger for at least 3 more years? The end game is fast approaching.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
But if it is that close there are infra structure implications that the council do not have to support

Think it will be south side of Coventry myself if at all

Noggin

does make you think about 'I'm not going if we move out of Coventry' would a 2 min walk from the Ricoh really make that much difference???!!!

I don't think the vast majority of people mean it literally though, a few might care about the post code but not many, if a new stadium was a similar distance or even a little further from the city centre than the ricoh very few people would have an issue even if it technically wasn't coventry. Just to be clear I'm not saying they won't have an issue with a new stadium I'm saying they won't have an issue with a new stadium because of its location if it was just a little further than the ricoh.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
SISU position is now incredibly weak and getting weaker by the hour.They would have had next to no income since last month,and in a few days time they will have to find another circa £500,000 just to pay the players and the staff.From here on it will just get worse,as they very shortly have to tell everybody what ground they intend to use next year.They will have to provide guarantees to the league about their ability to fund the club next year,to pay the rent for the ground,and provide a credible plan for building and financing a new ground.
Even supporters who are SISU neutral or just want to carrying on supporting CCFC regardless of who owns the club,would be taking an risk in handing money over to an organisation,which is haemorrhaging money at an alarming rate.It is hard to see the club selling virtually any season tickets,it is not as though fans won't be able to get a ticket on matchdays.Can anybody see SISU stomaching losses,which are only likely to get even bigger for at least 3 more years? The end game is fast approaching.

would agree with much of that ............... not sure the end game is that close though

Delboycov

But if it is that close there are infra structure implications that the council do not have to support

Think it will be south side of Coventry myself if at all

Or South Warwickshire as Timmy had originally indicated? I do think in this case that postcodes will be important...there are CV postcodes which certainly aren't 2 minutes walk from the boundary.....in fact it would be quicker to get to Milton Keynes than to get to some parts of 'South Warwickshire'...but the allocated postcode allows them to play the "Coventry local area" card.

wingy

I think we'd all prefer to lock everyone in a room until they come to an agreement and my gut feeling is that we will be at the Ricoh next season but I think ACL need to make the next move with regard to negotiation.

Seems to me there is a total breakdown there and little chance of moving forward without a change in personnel on one, if not both, sides. Was hoping the change in council leader would bring this about but immediately placing Mutton in charge makes that seem unlikely. Recent statements from ACL have stated that they will not speak to Fisher or SISU, bit hard to negotiateif the other side won't talk to you!

My understanding is that an agreement separateto the lease was made for the last 3 games of the season. If I was ACL I would release a statement saying whilst the club remains in administration they are happy to continue on the same terms as for those 3 games with whoever the football league deems to be running the football club. It's a win win to me. Puts the ball back firmly in SISUs court, no way they can then say they are locked out and makes ACL look the more reasonableof the two sides. Also puts some pressure on the football league to make a statement over who is actually in charge.

Thought the Administrator alluded to possibly brokering this type of deal on Friday only for TF's release on Twitter @ 11Pm on Friday evening.:thinking about:

If these scum steal our club and play home games outside of Coventry we should completely change this around and class away games as our homes games with nobody attending their ridiculous planned "home" matches.

ccfcway

Could well find that we have the lowest gates in League One and this will make us the poor cousins. This is surely then going to result in a relegation dogfight and the distinct possibility of us dropping down to bottom tier.

If it meant getting rid of SISU, I'd take "the bottom tier" now !

italiahorse

has anyone else spotted that this is an implicit admission by TF .............

If they were putting forward the plan for a new stadium in December then they had no intention of agreeing a rental that would keep the club at the Ricoh. The discussions that took place in January 2013 were at best based on two different premises ....... a short term deal for SISU and a long term deal offered by ACL to CCFC. At worst the discussions to lower the rent and gain access other income streams were simply not entered in to in good faith because TF & co were always going to leave - any offer or heads of terms were never going to be good enough.

anyone starting to see a thread to this or a plan mixed in with all the PR?

I think he threatened it to ACL and they called his bluff and said "Go on then"
He can't back out now and would sooner go into oblivion than go back cap in hand.

It's a death rattle from SISU

italiahorse

If these scum steal our club and play home games outside of Coventry we should completely change this around and class away games as our homes games with nobody attending their ridiculous planned "home" matches.

SISU still share revenue from Away games

Users who are viewing this thread