Nicola Payne Documentary (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

The podcast covers this and questions did she actually leave the house that day and that she wasn’t seen from the previous day so had she gone missing even earlier.
@hill83 no good at a link but just put Nicola Payne in search on podcasts and it will find it

So other than the boyfriends testimony, there's no actual proof she was OK since her dad saw her the night before?

Never knew that, that opens up a huge window surely?

Johnnythespider

So other than the boyfriends testimony, there's no actual proof she was OK since her dad saw her the night before?

Never knew that, that opens up a huge window surely?
Wasn't there someone repairing their car who said she walked past and disappeared into the fog?

David O'Day

Think that is the case but there is a view that it could have been somebody else as only from behind, her dad also said she never walked anywhere
But "never walking anywhere" is a pretty poor statement. She likely didn't like to walk places but Winston to Woodway is a 5 minute walk so there's no reason she wouldn't of on occasion walked it.

It's likely something happened on the black pad and we basically know who did it.

fernandopartridge

Used to do a paper round on Woodway Walk/Close. Also used to kick a ball around the playing fields off Woodway Lane just in front of the Black Pad. It certainly has an eery feel to it. What I just don't understand is how easily the suspects were able to drive from the Black Pad to Frankwell Drive. I think the layout of the playing fields was somewhat different but it still doesn't seem so easy to just drive along there.

The old Wiseman fields with the running track? The path as shown in the documentary is a lot more made up than it was, it was just black rough ground back in 1991 (think it might old spoil from the Craven Colliery?).

As far as I recall there was always a large gate to the playing fields but perhaps there wasn't in 1991.

Walsgrave

The old Wiseman fields with the running track? The path as shown in the documentary is a lot more made up than it was, it was just black rough ground back in 1991 (think it might old spoil from the Craven Colliery?).

As far as I recall there was always a large gate to the playing fields but perhaps there wasn't in 1991.
Yep that one. Obviously now there's no longer a running track as its been grassed over, but it was a good place to have a kickabout.

Nick

Administrator
Listening to the podcast, forgot how much older people from Coventry say "you know".

Saddlebrains

Seen on Facebook that it was 32 years the other day

I still think the Boyfriend was part of it. And i still think Nicola never walked over the black pad 🤷

Saddlebrains

The old bill still seem convinced the people that were found not guilty at trial were guilty, it's just that they haven't got the standard of evidence required to get a conviction.

From what i gather a lot of the middle aged / older generation in Cov all know it was Barwell apparently

Our justice system is shite

Users who are viewing this thread