Nintendo 3DS XL (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Is anybody planning to get one of these when they are released? They look a lot bigger than the other ones.

ajsccfc

I have, but to about the same extent you have as I gave it a quick pop in Toys R Us. You can change the 3D setting to make it stronger or even switch off, it's just a case of getting the sweet spot. When I tried it with Mario it was ace, my only issue was that the console was a bit small (I had the original chunky silver DS, preferred it far more than the smaller redesigns). The XL being announced sealed the deal for me. This reminds me, I should probably pick up a game or three too.

Nick

Administrator
I saw those cards you could get that made things look 3d from a barcode on a code and that did look really good :) I might wait and see, I have no real need for one so won't get one just yet!

Ccfcsj

I've got the current 3DS (had since just after launch). Personally I don't find the 3D troublesome but unsure how it will work on a larger screen. However, I must admit, the novelty has now worn off.

Currently enjoying playing on my PS Vita - I'm sure that will wear off soon too. :whistle:

Sky Blue Sheepy

I have, and love my 3DS - good catalogue of games out finally and more good one's to follow. Not getting the 3DS XL as I have no problems with the current one, but well worth getting.
When you get setup, you'll have a friend code - unlike the DS where the code was different per game, you have one code for the console itself, so put the code on here and you can play people on any online game that you and your friend have (Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus being fantastic examples)

Covstu

Had the wii but the games were very childish and I got bored of them very quickly. Stick with my x box 360 thanks!

Tad

I haven't owned one since my Gamegear. Now that was legendary :)

All hail the mighty Sega! :)

Miss there consoles. Still play the Dreamcast from time to time.

ajsccfc

Gamegear had terrible battery life, I think maybe the Atari Lynx was worst of all. The Lynx was crap.

Covstu

yes it did to be fair but still couldnt work out how the gameboy was more successful with that green screen!!!

Nick

Administrator
I had the TV tuner thing for the Game Gear. It was quality.

When is the release date for the 3DS XL?

ajsccfc

28th officially, although some shops are apparently saying tomorrow and I've seen people put photos of their orders arriving early (despite my order from the same place being listed still as 'processing')

Nick

Administrator
28th officially, although some shops are apparently saying tomorrow and I've seen people put photos of their orders arriving early (despite my order from the same place being listed still as 'processing')

Where did you order it from?

ajsccfc

Originally from Sainsbury's on a code, but they messed the order and I couldn't re-use the voucher so Zavvi was next best.

Users who are viewing this thread