No Bacon Batches (2 Viewers)

Ash

Played a gig at a wedding in Essex once and asked for a pork and stuffing batch off one of the guys who was serving food outside, the look on his face was a picture.

'A batch!? What the bladdy hell's that?'

Tomh111

I asked for a Bacon Batch in Melbourne, Australia last year... I had honestly never seen confusion like it, may as well have asked for it in Japanese. Then when I explained what I wanted the guy replied with why didn't you ask for a bacon sandwich :facepalm:

skyblueman

My mother calls a sandwich a "piece" is that a local thing too?

It's from Northern Ireland - 'piece' was used by the shipbuilders of H & W Belfast to describe their lunch - started being used by builders of the Titanic actually - just been to the exhibition over there in Belfast - well worth a day there

Over in Leicester it's all 'cobs' - 'baps' means something a bit different - don't be going into a bakers and asking the young girl behind the counter if she's got any nice baps!

Someone once asked me in a pub if I fancied any 'snap' - didn't have a bloody clue what they were on about - 'snap' over these parts means food - odd place Leicester

Users who are viewing this thread