No love lost with Villa (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Villa fourm - no love lost

Can we not tow Coventry out to sea and dump it so it isn't in England anymore

'Took 5 and a half minutes for the first SOTV chant. '

'They did beat us at Villa Park once. I think it was their 35th attempt or something'.

'Detest their fans, really detest them'.

'Coventry away in the FA Cup 3rd round please'.

'I always go out of my way to say I don't mind Coventry...it winds them up even more.
It was quite apt they got relegated at Villa park',

mds

Used to have a Vile mate, he used to love the Birminham is full of fun chant till you changed the words to scum shits wankers and the Villa, used to wind him up a treat.

This isnt a personal dig at any brummie just words to a footy chant before anyone gets offended, unless your a vile fan that is :)

Samo

Villa fourm - no love lost

Can we not tow Coventry out to sea and dump it so it isn't in England anymore

'Took 5 and a half minutes for the first SOTV chant. '

'They did beat us at Villa Park once. I think it was their 35th attempt or something'.

'Detest their fans, really detest them'.

'Coventry away in the FA Cup 3rd round please'.

'I always go out of my way to say I don't mind Coventry...it winds them up even more.
It was quite apt they got relegated at Villa park',

I'd rather be detested than ignored. Why are the great unwashed suddenly nervous again about their lowly neighbours?

cov1987

I cringe when we sing sotv as when they here it they laugh there heads of, at the moment villa a far superior to us And with sisu in charge have no way in meeting them in the same league in the near future.

mattylad

I cringe when we sing sotv as when they here it they laugh there heads of, at the moment villa a far superior to us And with sisu in charge have no way in meeting them in the same league in the near future.
you can add the Leicester songs to that as well

Moff

Personally had forgotten all about them. The allegedly rivalry has become irrelevant.

johnwillomagic

Erm doesn't our trademark play up sky blues song mention teams such as Tottenham & Chelsea plus United....like SOTV it could be considered cringeworthy or just traditional and part of out club. I prefer the latter! Otherwise we could change sotv to shit on the wallsall and Sky Blue song to Yeovil or Rochdale....better left unedited imo!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Our Sky Blue Song is WAY out of date! When did we last play against Tottenham or Chelsea (apart from the cup), United or anyone in the top league? It needs updating just as it did when we were promoted decades ago. (It used to be "Proud Posh or Cobblers, Oysters or anyone then changed to what we sing today.) Seems ironic that "Cobblers" are mentioned in the original lyrics! Bloody Northampton! :mad:

Warwickhunt

My villa mate said after watching Cov on TV that they look and play better than they do and would not like to meet us in the cup as it would be a sure fire banana skin

oscillatewildly

I feel somehow 'robbed' by the assertion we've only beaten them once at VP. I'm sure I was there on BOTH occasions we done em in the '90's. Mind you, that on going stat could have been put to bed early had they not decided to bomb out of the top flight for seven or eight seasons just as we hit it.
Have to agree with the cringe inducing SOTV, and I can honestly say I've met far more decent Villa fans on my travels than I have met Blues.

RoboCCFC90

I hate most Villa fans because they all think there better than everyone else (as the OP shows) however even if I was bored out of my skull I would not look on their forum as I couldn't give two hoots.

I wouldn't mind them in the FA Cup however this season if the gods of Football wouldn't mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theferret

you can add the Leicester songs to that as well

Why? Do rivalries die when clubs are in different divisions?

I get what is being said about Villa, but working in a company full of Leicester fans there is no doubt that they genuinely dislike our club, and I have seen videos of Leicester fans singing anti-CCFC songs in pubs.

It's hardly the Milan derby, but there is a rivalry there amongst many (but clearly not all), and that's not a bad thing. All good harmless fun really. People get far too uptight about this sort of thing.

PVA

I really wish we'd stop singing SOTV. It's embarrassing. They don't give a shit.

The fact it only took less than 20 minutes for it to pop up makes it even worse. Just stop!

Joy Division

Yeah, bit embarrassing. Really couldn't give a shit about them.

Its the Leicester chant that is even more cringey. The mums your dad one, everyone seemed to be going fucking mental for it like deranged mental patients.........the words dont even make sense.

Ashdown

1987, to think that not only did we lift the cup, both Villa and Leicester were relegated, no wonder we were all in 7th heaven !

Covstu

Its the Leicester chant that is even more cringey. The mums your dad one, everyone seemed to be going fucking mental for it like deranged mental patients.........the words dont even make sense.

yep agree but it Rhymes so they keep singing it!!

skybluelee

This Aston Villa hatred is embarrassing. They have never given a toss about us and are a MUCH bigger club.

I can understand the Leicester rivalry more. Neither of us have an obvious alternative rival (Forest and Derby hate each other much more than Leicester) and we are a similar-ish size.

Block19

I agree I hate the Leicester chant it's so poor and build the bonfire one..
Villa are our rivals as they are the biggest club in the West Midlands (no fa cup win since ours). I don't really care about Leicester being our rivals, but I have seem lots of cov v villa matches and the atmosphere at them was electric in the top flight and when we beat them at Vila park for the first time it is up there with the fa cup win for great games. The younger generation have missed all that and I can't see it returning unless villa get relegated.

Wheelfass

Our Sky Blue Song is WAY out of date! When did we last play against Tottenham or Chelsea (apart from the cup), United or anyone in the top league? It needs updating just as it did when we were promoted decades ago. (It used to be "Proud Posh or Cobblers, Oysters or anyone then changed to what we sing today.) Seems ironic that "Cobblers" are mentioned in the original lyrics! Bloody Northampton! :mad:

No no no. The song for whatever home game would be printed in the match day programme for that days game and the nickname of a that particular club would be substituted before "or anyone" in the words. Ie if we were playing Walsall it would be "Proud posh or Cobblers, Saddlers or anyone". Got enough programmes here to verify that.
Don't think it needs modernising from what it has evolved to either. Best to keep it simple, it's such a fantastic anthem.

Users who are viewing this thread