Northampton (1 Viewer)

Cov steve

Well I will be going taking my young son, I have been fighting cancer and we will enjoy as many matches together as health permits. Which could get cut short at any time. We just want to support the team. Sorry if this offends some but our time together is important to me

Certainly does not offend me! In the circumstances, the most important thing is using your time doing what you want to do and any one else's opinion doesn't matter. Go and enjoy it!

mark82

Well I will be going taking my young son, I have been fighting cancer and we will enjoy as many matches together as health permits. Which could get cut short at any time. We just want to support the team. Sorry if this offends some but our time together is important to me

I would hope everyone would understand this but sure there will be some saying you should see the bigger picture. Hope you don't pay any attention and enjoy spending time with your son. Some things are more important than the petty squabble ongoing at our football club and that is family.

italiahorse

You have read the forum posts and I guess you understand the reasoning for and against.
You need to do best for what suits yourself.
I hope I don't find myself in the same situation but I have decided my team has all but gone.
I still have my memories.
Good luck for the future and enjoy the football.

skybluetony176

the only crime i can see is the fact that you have to go to Northampton to do this. i hope you both enjoy watching the team, wherever that may be. PUSB.

Go and enjoy Cov steve. No one on this forum would ever wish to deprive you of that. Good Luck fella, lets hope we can all meet together in Coventry very soon.

skybluericoh

Don't Blame you at all, and faced with similar circumstances I'd do the same. Doing things with your kids is far more important than a spat with a hedge fund. Build some memories with him and enjoy.

sixfieldsfan

your absolutely right. just pleased to see some of the fans on this forum have not resorted to having a go at you. i wish you luck and recovery. enjoy the game fellow city fan

robbieray

God bless you pal... take care... if this offends anyone they can **** off

skyblueexile

- our best wishes are to you at this time - for one moment we must forget football and give our support to a valued fan

give them a shout from me

for health reasons I haven't been down to northampton, wish I could I dob't like the position we are in but not biased both sides are in the wrong - I just support the team

As a fan I admire you

Gint11

Do what you want to do. It makes me angry that good people are made to feel guilty about going. I hope you win your fight mate.

tom88

I nearly lost my life last year at the age of 24 and that's the reason why I bought a season ticket. I don't care what people say or think life is too short and love my days out at the football with my dad.

jesus-wept

I have never been big on going or not going to Northampton to watch so called home matches, to be honest I can't be arsed to go, I didn't go to every home match at the Ricoh anyway. I have no beef with people going 1500 is what I expected and that is what it will remain at give or take a few. IMO the main reason sisu are now looking to negotiate a way back to Cov is simple, they are losing a quarter of a million per home game. Sepalla admitted she knows nothing about footieand didn't even know sisu had bought CCFC. Events have prompted her involvement, she's done her homework and maths, seemingly side-lined our Timothy and looking to address the situation without losing face.
But back to the thread, support the team Steve in any way you can and as long as you can, think positive and best of luck mate in your health situation.

Steve.B50

Go and enjoy the game and how we are playing.

ollyservetta

enjoy yourself mate ,.the first game at sixfields I had 41 metal staples holding me back together ,a great day out for me n me family after a period in the walsgrave and bed ridden at home .not looked back ,now doing sixfields and away games as often as possible ,don't get me wrong ,want to being doing home games in cov and would love to see the backend of sisu ,but I luv me footie and ive got skyblue blood,enjoy mate all the best

sotv1987

You do not even have to explain yourself Steve, you and your family are a million percent more important to the trivial bollox that is going on with our football club, you go and enjoy mate!!! I'm sure you will be supporting ccfc for years to come yet Steve, whether that be sixfields or Ricoh, god bless you mate!!! PUSB

Sky Blue Harry H

Get well, enjoy the match and hope you've picked up on the positivity. Even the regular bunch of well meaning moaners on here (me included) would never begrudge you that. Enjoy:)

letsallsingtogether

I don't blame you have never slagged anyone off for going as a few of my mates go. I won't go myself regardless but it is up to the individual what they decide to do.

J

Jack Griffin

Something like that transcends mere Football.
I hope the 2 of you have a nice time.

shmmeee

Hope you enjoy it today mate. Best of luck with your health.

I would hope everyone would understand this but sure there will be some saying you should see the bigger picture. Hope you don't pay any attention and enjoy spending time with your son. Some things are more important than the petty squabble ongoing at our football club and that is family.

Not a one. Perhaps you shouldn't judge our fans so harshly.

Cov steve

Hi all, lad loved the day/ result Good time spent together. Many more I hope. Players deserve alot of credit this season. Conducting themselves very well. Big well done to elvis to!!! Cheers all

Users who are viewing this thread