Norwood to Barnsley? (1 Viewer)

StevieM

On the BBC Teletext:

Keith Hill optimistic over signing Oliver Norwood from ManUre.

Ah well thats us out of the equation then.

Another club punching above their weight, signed Mido and amongst others so what about "the living within your means" rules?

Their attendances are poor, like ours, and yet they seem to have money available from somewhere or are they all going on the credit card?

Thats right SISU keep up the waiting game, AT's number 1 target is slipping away, as if we would have ever got him anyway:facepalm:
PUSB

Chipfat

We are not going to compete with championship no matter who,, they can still pay double if not more...

mark82

If I was a young player I would still go to Coventry, Portsmouth or Sheffield United in league 1 over Barnsley in the Championship.

ajsccfc

There are many sentences where I'd include the words 'Mido' and 'weight', but none involve punching above it.

skybluegod

he might not come to us but he won't go to barnsley they are a very poor team with poor supporters. Just cause you see this kind of thing on BBC or cov mad or wherever doesn't mean it's true. I seriously doubt barnsley could pay double the wages we could for norwood.

SkyBlueScottie

They tried to take him on loan for the season but it was turned down by Man U, he has since rejected the new contract on offer at United. To be honest he will go to the best team which offers him regular football.

covcity4life

a real shame if happens,he would count as 3 singings if he came to cov imo,immense player

i kno barnsleya r ein champship and can pay mroe but hes elaving man utd as part of a bigge rpicture

regualr games in league one for a giant(int hat division) nice ground and possible promotion surely means more than 16th-last place finish in champship?

come on olly,we can do a soton/norwich with you in the team!

Norwood will never come to us he deserves better too thanks for the memories

Yes he was half decent, and ok, he'd be an addition to the 1st team - and we do need bodies as pre-season training approaches - but the way some describe, you would think he was a cross between Zico and Karl-Heinz Rumminigge :(

Chipfat

I agree we cant compete with any championship side, so thats now 3 of our 5 targets gone elsewhere!!!! oh dear bang bang bang doesnt seem to be working...

covcity4life

his passing range was immense for us,didnt strike me as lightweight

i understand your reservations but hes a v good player imo and going down a level will only make it easier imo, and im not showing disrespect to league one there beleive me.

Skybluewoody

Norwood turned down utds contract as he wants first team football. Fergie also stated he wants 500k for him.

Yes he would get the games at city, no we can't afford a fee or compensation to utd. Possibly could match barnsleys wage offer. Barnsley would also mean he wouldn't have to move home.
If crewes kids can influence lg2 I'm sure Norwood would be a great player at lg1 level considering how well he played in the championship.

Whole idea is a none starter IMO

dongonzalos

Amazing Burnley agree 400k for him we try and hold out for a tribunal. This has allowed Burnley to come.

Do you think Norwood is worth 400k. Do you think if we signed him for that if he had one good season with us we would make a profit. Signing him would have got the fans on side and made a statement to other potential signings. Got to love our owners long term thinking.

Last edited:

Godiva

What baffles me is that AT is still talking about him as if there is a realistic chance of getting him. One obstacle is obviously the fee, but competition from championship clubs is a mountain too high.

So why does he go on about him?

I could maybe understand AT if the club could match any fee and any wage demand ... but as we probably fail on all points, AT should just let it go. At least keep his mouth shout and if asked just say 'no comment'.

dongonzalos

I always usually defend AT but thought exactly the same. I know he has to be positive, but he also has to be realistic.

Last edited:

bushyaus

What baffles me is that AT is still talking about him as if there is a realistic chance of getting him. One obstacle is obviously the fee, but competition from championship clubs is a mountain too high.

I could maybe understand AT if the club could match any fee and any wage demand ... but as we probably fail on all points, AT should just let it go. At least keep his mouth shout and if asked just say 'no comment'.

Its to sell season tickets-Sooner or later the penny will drop

dongonzalos

Its to sell season tickets-Sooner or later the penny will drop

Even AT would know now that trying to sign a player a championship club, the lads home town are in for, will not sell season tickets.

The hardcore who will buy not matter what have done so. The only thing that will swing the rest now will be people passing medicals not speculation.

He is just trying to do the positive bit. SISU are the type who would have alteria motives. Their announcement about bounce budgets to snare the 5000.

Last edited:

Astute

This is CCFC you are all talking about.

Talk is cheap. Ollie isn't when you consider our budget.

wingy

Like this ,there are other rumours re; our players .Take the one for Connor Thomas to Norwich for £1.5m. ,would that business give us the ammo to sign him ,would there be an advantage to doing that kind of business .Its subjective ,they both are capable of having good careers with similar outcomes yet Norwood is a couple of years ahead in progression ,that represents the only advantage to me ,is it feasable not really.

TheSnoz

dongonzalos, I'm one of the reported 5,000 fans that you say have been snared by 'bounce budgets.' What a load of tripe. I've been 'snared' by nobody. I love supporting my team as I have done since 1959.. Don't be so smug. I'll be there in August and happy to be supporting my team. So will my father who travels 150 miles to do so & he's in his 80's. So will our friends. We love our club. And nobody has 'snared' us.

Sick Boy

He is just trying to sell season tickets...

dongonzalos

Also many words describe me at the moment, frustrated, worried, let down, pissed off,. Smug unfortunately is not very high on my radar I really wish it wad. The day the SISU farce leaves then it maybe, depending on what's left behind.

TheSnoz

Dongonzalos, this is what you said. Don't move the goalposts. "Their announcement about bounce budgets to snare the 5000."
There are so many sick notes on here, all looking for excuses. Supporters my arse. All making 'informed decisions.' Yeah right. Fair weathers more like it.

Users who are viewing this thread