Not looking good (1 Viewer)

CCFCWALL

Article on Coventry City mad

Ricoh Arena Deal Unlikely
Coventry City are believed to be seriously considering playing their home league matches elsewhere next season.
With the £50 three game contract at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry City are now homeless.
Before today's game against Leyton Orient the City stewards were asked if they would be prepared to steward home matches at another venue within a thirty mile radius of Coventry and told that it was 80/20 that we will not be at the Ricoh next season.
It is understood that the question has provoked a mixed response from the stewards.

Nick

Administrator
We paid £50 for the final three games? Bargain or what! No wonder SISU won't pay the £1.1m yearly bill with that temporary arrangement

I was thinking that, if pwkh is reading then can i hire it for £100?

Steve.B50

My view is get rid of Fisher and those in charges at ACL, get new people in who are prepared to actually talk and negotiate.

Nonleagueherewecome

"Not looking good" is possibly the greatest under-statement ever. If it's 80/20 that we won't be at the Ricoh next season, then count me out! :mad:

Moff

I cant see it.

I know SISU are dumb assed tools, but even they should realise that moving the club will substansially cut the fan base and footflow through the turnstiles, leading to further losses, and possible failure on the pitch as players are sold to raise revenue.

I cant see them being that stupid, but then again they constantly never fail to let us down.

Nonleagueherewecome

I will never diminish the extent to which SISU are capable of being stupid and doing stupid things! Remember Dulieu.....Dulieu!!!!!!!

Skyblue4u

Had a blind date once at the Ricoh and surprise surprise for the record' I couldn't score either

Last edited:

dadgad

I cant see it.

I know SISU are dumb assed tools, but even they should realise that moving the club will substansially cut the fan base and footflow through the turnstiles, leading to further losses, and possible failure on the pitch as players are sold to raise revenue.

I cant see them being that stupid, but then again they constantly never fail to let us down.

Every single decision has been calculated to reduce the standing of the club and the fans' enjoyment.
If sisu are still around next year we can only expect more of the same.
Moving away from Cov seems increasingly likely therefore.

Moff

What reason did he give for sitting in the dugout again? :thinking about:

Didnt he get ousted as Chairman and declare himself the tsar, sorry, Director of Football.

He sat on the bench to get a better idea of how he could advise Thorn. I mean Thorn was a disaster but even he didnt need that sort of help

He is and always will be a tool, a complete and utter perma tanned orange tool.

Flying Fokker

i wouldn't watch that shower of sh#t in my own back garden,let alone the ricoh..

That's no excuse. It shouldn't matter what shite is on the pitch only that it is in Coventry.

But for me I will not be travelling to any home game away from the Ricoh.

WestEndAgro

Article on Coventry City mad

Ricoh Arena Deal Unlikely
Coventry City are believed to be seriously considering playing their home league matches elsewhere next season.
With the £50 three game contract at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry City are now homeless.
Before today's game against Leyton Orient the City stewards were asked if they would be prepared to steward home matches at another venue within a thirty mile radius of Coventry and told that it was 80/20 that we will not be at the Ricoh next season.
It is understood that the question has provoked a mixed response from the stewards.

The "mixed response" from Stewards was because most of them didn't understand the question, they are not the most intelligent / eloquent

Baginton

City need to act fast wherever they are playing, teams need a home ground and a 10 year (I think) contract to play there, or they won't get next seasons footballing golden share.

Ashdown1

FFS who really would follow a team led by SISU, playing home games at somewhere like Walsall/Nene Park/B'ham...........take your pick. We'd lose 50% of the support overnight and the rest as soon as winter falls. SISU have to relinquish this death stranglehold and accept a hit on their investment. They've failed miserably and the losses would only increase with some of these supposed plans, they must know that for the club to turn round its financial fortunes it needs new impetus with leaders that people could actually recognise and relate to.

dadgad

FFS who really would follow a team led by SISU, playing home games at somewhere like Walsall/Nene Park/B'ham...........take your pick. We'd lose 50% of the support overnight and the rest as soon as winter falls. SISU have to relinquish this death stranglehold and accept a hit on their investment. They've failed miserably and the losses would only increase with some of these supposed plans, they must know that for the club to turn round its financial fortunes it needs new impetus with leaders that people could actually recognise and relate to.

Only a crank could disagree with this.

Flying Fokker

I'm going to the Ricoh on match days. Do you think they would notice me in the Telegraph stand. I promise to be quiet.

wingy

Only a crank could disagree with this.

Is that me??

Would the losses actually increase a division lower with 4-5K loyal fans esconsed in some mediocre stadium tucked away in some shire town?

If we've reached the"Hell will Freeze over " stage ,why would footballing ambition /League status register with them !! too ludicrous??:thinking about:

covboy1987

I will never diminish the extent to which SISU are capable of being stupid and doing stupid things! Remember Dulieu.....Dulieu!!!!!!!

All a big mind game by SISU again talking to the stewards so the information gets back and the rumours start again
SISU obviously underestimate our fan base as 95% would find something else to do on a Saturday than travel anywhere outside the city boundaries to watch a game and put money into their coffers
It would be commercial suicide for SISU to attempt this as it has been so far with MK dons

Users who are viewing this thread