Not seen this Posted ref. SWFC (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

It’s understood the South Yorkshire club could face a sanction of either a financial penalty, closure of a stand or be forced to play a match or matches behind closed doors without fans.

warra punishment

baldy

It’s understood the South Yorkshire club could face a sanction of either a financial penalty, closure of a stand or be forced to play a match or matches behind closed doors without fans.

warra punishment

What more do you want done then?

JohnWH

The SW forum admin locked the thread:
"Ongoing investigation means we can't really discuss it"

Not really sure why that's the case.....

fernandopartridge

warra punishment
Helpfully they voluntarily complied by closing the stand the offence took place in the very next day

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

That's not going to stop the bigot's. 😲

Frostie

It all got rather unsavoury on there before with plenty of whataboutery, excuse making & the usual "I'm not racist but..." types so I imagine the admin is just pre-empting the responses & shutting it down before it inevitably begins again.

Unfortunately, as much as they protest otherwise, this was not solely one individual. It's been confirmed by neutral attendees & even some of their own supporters that there were more racist comments aside from the individual caught gesturing & subsequently arrested. They have plenty of recent history with similar issues too so would hope this is taken very seriously.

Last edited:

Astute

When Palmer got the racial abuse they went mental on there. Countless were trying to blame Palmer for what happened. There was a few that tried to talk sense but they soon got shouted down even when one mentioned they have black players themselves and why would they want to continue playing for them.

alexccfc99

Nasty, nasty fanbase whom I hoped we wouldn't have to suffer again for a while but unfortunately, I think they may well stay up :/

ccfcricoh

1 game behind closed doors would be about right i think - closing a stand is irrelevant to them, a fine wouldnt bother the fans and wouldnt change attitudes.

I would be fuming if i couldnt attend a game because of other fans being racist, so feel for the normal fans, but they should be used to set an example.

Legia Sky Blue

I'm not normally up for blaming clubs for twats that happen to support them unless they are clearly in the majority, as I kind of worry where that could eventually end up, but I think part of Wednesday's problem here is that the abuse aimed at Palmer was from a guy standing right next to some of their stewards employed by the club to control such matters, but who instead chose to ignore it.

Hertsccfc

I'm not normally up for blaming clubs for twats that happen to support them unless they are clearly in the majority, as I kind of worry where that could eventually end up, but I think part of Wednesday's problem here is that the abuse aimed at Palmer was from a guy standing right next to some of their stewards employed by the club to control such matters, but who instead chose to ignore it.
Yes all clubs will have their idiots. The issue is are they taking appropriate actions to prevent and address incidents?

Astute

Nah, they’ve always been like it from experience - I’ve always preferred Sheff Utd and I can’t stand them.
Used to be a great set of lads. Always drank in same pubs. Great banter.

Users who are viewing this thread