Not under SISU (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

It's an allegence to the badge, not the location, owners, playing staff, managers et al. The insinuation that those currently saying they will go to watch City play elsewhere are somehow condoning the actions or keeping SISU tied to the club are insulting, ill-informed and narrow-minded. Get over it.

To me, my club died when we left Highfield Road. It's not the same club now and leaving the Ricoh wouldn't hurt me like it did then.

My bonds were already broken.

Some people will still love the club before any owner, the same as people loved the club before the owners earlier then this lot.

valiant15

I just don't understand the pure venom towards people who simply want to watch the team they support. To some people, City Til I Die means something. Not City Til Marlon King Signs or City Til I Don't Agree With The Owners.

It's an allegence to the badge, not the location, owners, playing staff, managers et al. The insinuation that those currently saying they will go to watch City play elsewhere are somehow condoning the actions or keeping SISU tied to the club are insulting, ill-informed and narrow-minded. Get over it.
The location? Were coventry city from coventry,we play in coventry,the clue is in the name you idiot. Tell that to Wimbledon fans.

torchomatic

Funnily, enough I'm wearing an old City top now. Just looked at the badge and it says Coventry City Football Club on it. Not Arena Coventry Limited or Coventry City Council. Good enough for me.

I just don't understand the pure venom towards people who simply want to watch the team they support. To some people, City Til I Die means something. Not City Til Marlon King Signs or City Til I Don't Agree With The Owners.

torchomatic

georgehudson

& the question is who has created this utter mess ?
SL may say sisu haters are a minority,
i, & thousands know differently,
i've conducted a straw poll over the past few weeks & guess what, 94.8 % against you know who,
& yes it was an open & honest question,
what's your body temp JS ?

WillieStanley

The location? Were coventry city from coventry,we play in coventry,the clue is in the name you idiot. Tell that to Wimbledon fans.

Do not call me an idiot. It's the ultimate in irony after the crap you constantly post. Again, the point is that people aren't condoning the actions, they are following through on a pledge they made with themselves that whilst there is a Coventry City, even if it is in name only, they will be there cheering them on.

valiant15

Well im coventry born and bred,i won't watch the 'home' games outside the city. Am i not a fan then? I'm thinking about long term,not short term selfishness.

swanageskyblue

Last season, I had a season ticket and went to about 18 matches.
This season, I dropped the season ticket and went to 9 matches. The 5 at the Ricoh were just not enjoyable experiences - 4 defeats and a draw did not help! The 4 away I thoroughly enjoyed - including the wins at MK and Bournemouth.
Next season, I am looking to go to more away games and probably few, if any, 'home' games.
I desperately want to get back my enthusiasm for watching City, but I cannot currently see how I am going to manage that without a change of ownership, as the club has fallen apart under SISU's stewardship.
What worries me is that I am getting out of the habit of going up the football and that I might become a lapsed supporter - which is why I come on here every day hoping to find news of the breakthrough which will revitalise us all. One day soon, there is going to be big news on here, I just hope it will be positive.
PUSB.

WillieStanley

I give up. Best of luck with fc sisu.

So, what your saying is... nothing. There's no rational explanation as to why you view it as selfish. It's just another in your array of school yard insults to hurl at those that don't agree with you.

Even better luck with ACLFC.

SkyblueBazza

Well im coventry born and bred,i won't watch the 'home' games outside the city. Am i not a fan then? I'm thinking about long term,not short term selfishness.

The mere fact that you expect everyone to do the same as you, & you seem to be suggesting that YOU are right, or they're not proper fans - is in itself...errr - selfish?

Ginny74

Why do we support coventry city? Is it because they have given us season after season of success? Is it because we can see the best players in the world every week at the Ricoh? Or is it because they come from Coventry, where we live? If CCfc moves out of the city, what reason will the next generation of supporters have to support coventry city?

NorthernWisdom

If CCfc moves out of the city, what reason will the next generation of supporters have to support coventry city?

If they did move out they couldn't go permanently, that wouldn't be allowed.

So if they did go people'd have to decide if they could handle their club moving temporarily.

But they'd have to give a commitment to come back.

WillieStanley

I am right. You'll find out next season if you go to the pigsty with the other 3k yes men.

Actually, if we relocate outside of Coventry, I won't be renewing as I take my daughter and, as she'll be 4 then, I don't think she'll be up for the journey.

@Ginny74 - What reason do the London Supporters Club have for supporting Coventry City? Or those that regularly post on here that live abroad? Infact there are a few supporters who have never lived in Coventry. What reason do they have?

Again, I'm not condoning a move from Coventry. I am saying that people make their own choices and we should be respectful. I'm also saying that the theory of support based soley on location is completely flawed. We are all individuals and have our own reasons for supporting Coventry City. Again, this is something we should be respectful of.

Ginny74

The problem is that cant see how it could be temporary? Not sure that there would be any planning permission to build a new stadium, so could only come back to the Ricoh. Then what would the reason be for moving out, to strengthen negotiating position with ACL? How would that work if ACL know that the team needs to be playing in the city within 2 years with no alternative location. There is a distinct possibility once it is gone it is not coming back.

Ginny74

In which case C oventry City doesn't have a league club and our choice is made for us anyway.

Correct so the point is that this scenario could happen, and while the current owners see that people will follow it makes it more likely to happen. How long does the team need to play outside the city before it stops being a coventry football team.

Ginny74

Actually, if we relocate outside of Coventry, I won't be renewing as I take my daughter and, as she'll be 4 then, I don't think she'll be up for the journey.

@Ginny74 - What reason do the London Supporters Club have for supporting Coventry City? Or those that regularly post on here that live abroad? Infact there are a few supporters who have never lived in Coventry. What reason do they have?

Again, I'm not condoning a move from Coventry. I am saying that people make their own choices and we should be respectful. I'm also saying that the theory of support based soley on location is completely flawed. We are all individuals and have our own reasons for supporting Coventry City. Again, this is something we should be respectful of.
Understand that not everybody who supports CCfc doesn't live in the city currently, but I would guess that either there is some attachment with the city or parents used to live in the city and passed it down the generations. But it all comes back to the city of coventry which is the start of the chain. I am a great believer that you should support your local team, which is why my son supports CCfc and not man utd etc. by moving the team out if the city we no longer have a local team representing coventry in the football league.

WillieStanley

Is that not the same as coventry no longer having a football team, the point I was trying to make.

The club leave Coventry, it has to be a temporary measure. It would continue as Coventry City and have to evidence a strategy to move back within the City and action it. So there we have a team, temprarily away from home with a view to come back.

As soon as the Club fail to evidence that it is working towards a move back, expulsion from the FL is the penalty. Therefore, there is no club.

Users who are viewing this thread