Nottingham Serious Incident (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Does anyone have any idea what's happened?

RegTheDonk

Some guy stabbed a young couple, then walked away. Don't know if its the same person who was driving the van later.

LastGarrison

he stole the van from the 50 year old who he also killed.
The 2 people hit with the van were both 19 year old students.
I don’t think that’s right is it?

I think he stabbed the two students to death in the street, murdered the other guy and then stole his van and then ploughed into three people at the bus stop, one who is in critical condition.

Various names and details being thrown around but supposedly known to have had mental issues and his house got raised a couple of months ago.

Fucking horrific.

rob9872

I think he stabbed the two students to death in the street, murdered the other guy and then stole his van and then ploughed into three people at the bus stop, one who is in critical condition.

Various names and details being thrown around but supposedly known to have had mental issues and his house got raised a couple of months ago.

Fucking horrific.
Good old 'mental health issues' released as a pre-cursor. No shit sherlock, usually the actions of a completely sane individual! Next we'll hear lone wolf I imagine.

This morning the racists were out in full force blaming groups on baseless opinions, now we have the reverse where the media know but are desperate not to say anything for fear of being labelled racist. It's a shit show all round and sadly, I fear a fact of living now that this will just go on from time to time.

SBT

This morning the racists were out in full force blaming groups on baseless opinions, now we have the reverse where the media know but are desperate not to say anything for fear of being labelled racist. It's a shit show all round and sadly, I fear a fact of living now that this will just go on from time to time.
Desperate not to say what? The identity of the killer hasn’t been confirmed yet AFAIK.

If the reality is so obvious, why don’t you come out and say what the media is so apparently afraid to say themselves?

clint van damme

Fucking horrific.

Yeah, you're correct. The two students have been named now, tragic.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The access to and provision of treatment of acute mental health issues in this country is appalling. I'm not saying that this fella murdering bastard scumbag would have necessarily come onto the radar of any half-way functional service, but it is reaching epidemic proportions.

stay_up_skyblues

The access to and provision of treatment of acute mental health issues in this country is appalling. I'm not saying that this fella murdering bastard scumbag would have necessarily come onto the radar of any half-way functional service, but it is reaching epidemic proportions.

Off on a tangent but I was horrified to hear this on the weekend when I visited my Nan.

Her daughter in law’s (my uncle’s wife) dad had been struggling with other mental health for the last couple of years and was under the care of the NHS mental health team.

He called them a week ago Saturday just gone and said he was going to take an overdose. His contact told him not to do that and they would send an ambulance. This was around midday.

The ambulance arrived at about 18:30 and the paramedics found him hanging. “Investigation has been opened”.

Separately I know of two people who have been waiting several months for an initial assessment, one of whom is a child who hurt herself and was an “urgent” referral from her GP.

It’s a massive shit show. I suspect the compensation they have to pay for their failings out would probably fund a cogent mental health service.

Grendel

Desperate not to say what? The identity of the killer hasn’t been confirmed yet AFAIK.

If the reality is so obvious, why don’t you come out and say what the media is so apparently afraid to say themselves?

Several media outlets have referenced his ethnicity havent they? Which I assume is what’s being discussed here

Grendel

White nationalist or so called muslim or someone else?

He is referred to as a 31 year old black migrant from West Africa with long dreadlocks and a hoodie

eastwoodsdustman

Apparently from West African and I did hear one reporter start to say Nigeria (i assume it was that anyway) but then stopped and said West African again.
I did see somewhere that the police have been to visit his house recently and he apparently has a history of violence so it looks like its more likely mental health than terrorism.
Damn my slow typing!

Ashdown

West African migrant, no criminal record, resident of the UK for quite a few years, previous MH issues. Sounds like something triggered him flipping out.
No mention of religious or Racial issues. Just a dangerous tap head ready to blow.
Fuck him, shoot the bastard…..If a dog or a bear or a crocodile kills it is exterminated, tax payers shouldn’t have to fund this vile lunatic for years .

Sky Blue Pete

West African migrant, no criminal record, resident of the UK for quite a few years, previous MH issues. Sounds like something triggered him flipping out.
No mention of religious or Racial issues. Just a dangerous tap head ready to blow.
Fuck him, shoot the bastard…..If a dog or a bear or a crocodile kills it is exterminated, tax payers shouldn’t have to fund this vile lunatic for years .
You start with almost understanding that maybe mental health issues meant he needed help and end with the worst kind of medieval approach to vengeful justice

napolimp

Yeah, maybe don't become a mental health assessor in the criminal justice system.

David O'Day

why do the biggest irl fannies act the hardest online?

rob9872

Just heard the tributes to the victims from their families at last night's vigil, heartbreaking.

But they showed incredible dignity, my heart goes out to them. So tragic.
Yep, all of them better people than me. I'd have been much more bitter, particularly why its so raw and until I'd had time for reflection there's no way I'd be able to have rational thought, much more why him or why her despite being random.

rob9872

Standard media unfortunately and I think it's no reflection on him, but more because the other two were young and good looking.

Sky Blue Pete

Daughter at uni just finished first year
Friend of hers at nottingham
Feels close to home
Only way through it is cherish those around you and make the most of the time we have
All other roads lead to despair

Users who are viewing this thread