now it really has sold out.... (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

strange thing was - i was playing on the website yesterday evening and then the only seats available were......disabled tickets in 3 separate areas

Thanks fellas - I don't do tweets or facebook, only e-mails or phones - still use a quill to write :)

But genuinely, thanks to Nick for tweeting for me.

strange thing was - i was playing on the website yesterday evening and then the only seats available were......disabled tickets in 3 separate areas

I've been on every day this week several times a day and the Gills game was never showing as available.

This morning online the message came up as "You Are In A Queue" and after 3 mins went to the ticket site and guess what? Gills game not showing!

Nick

Administrator
If they are selling them cash quickly in the shop then I assume they have whole blocks taken on the digital system (online) to prevent double booking so they can take cash and hand over a ticket. Then last night they probably put the ones available online or something which is why a few appeared then.

Did you give them a call this morning just in case?
Think they will be less busy now possibly.

Tried 3 times on both numbers. Ringing out then goes to voicemail that's full.

Noggin

oh what the fuck, so they put them up for sale last night without telling anyone? I bet they have sold to non disabled people then, I've been on the website all week and they have never been available, I guess that shows they released the season tickets last night then not this morning like they said they would.

ccfcrob

They had to outsource the it system to get this done quickly... Yes it was shit and people you don't live in cov missed out. However I feel they have done this before 2 back to back home games at Northampton... Give the club a break what they have done in this short space if time is commendable. Of course things could have been done better but it's only for 1 game then it will be us usual 10k on a Tuesday night and normality will be restored

Noggin

If true that is shocking, although may be worth giving them one last email/tweet as Wednesday and Thursday there was three disabled seats available in block 2.

Best of luck

PUSB

I checked every single block (that has disabled tickets) for disabled tickets on friday which took forever as it took at least 10 minutes to open each block and not a single one had tickets. Thats why I gave in at 11.30pm once the normal seats started to run low and brought non disabled ones

Nick

Administrator
Well it's clear from that statement that the online system isn't fit for purpose, seats showed as sold and then became available again as the system settled down, they must have been tearing there hair out in the ticket office. It needs sorting out

It has been shite way before this, :(

CTID

Finally i got my tickets! now i can get excited. Hope everyone else managed to get some, seemed to be more than 200 when i was picking my seats. I paniced and picked the first ones i saw, but there were quite a few on there!

Noggin

It has been shite way before this, :(

It managed the crewe game for the most part, I think it must just be since they moved it has gotten really bad. Wherever they moved to first was the worst though that couldn't even handle sixfields tickets.

Ashdown

28K Expected, so that will be 27,989 or similar.
Capacity 32609
Gillingham allocation and segregation 3500 { With 500 sold }
1200 empty in corporate

The really sad thing for all those who will miss out is that there are 1000 tickets in block 9 that were sold against Crewe and could be sold safely by just shoving over the netting and putting up a line of barriers and stewards under the concourse as they did before. It makes no sense to disappoint people because of the health and safety Nazi's !
I wouldn't be surprised if there are also empty seats in blocks 3-5. Who are these Gillingham lads, that they need such a wide berth.

There are a fair few single seats dotted about in block 22 - I can't go to the game but tried to get through out of curiosity. Took 10 minutes to get through and then seems to work fine.

Nick

Administrator
It managed the crewe game for the most part, I think it must just be since they moved it has gotten really bad. Wherever they moved to first was the worst though that couldn't even handle sixfields tickets.

They host it themselves it seems on a virgin connection rather than it being in a proper datacentre like most things!

Hobo

Well I didn't manage to get a ticket, couldn't get to the shop due to work and the on line system didn't do it for me using a computer and an ipad. However I know people who managed to order on line.

its not the first time I've missed out on a big occasion and won't be the last. I'm just glad it has sold out the team and SP deserve it. Hopefully also proves a point to SISU, up to them to keep the fans now. At least it is on TV so I can watch at home and the season is young so plenty more games to come.

i would imagine a lot of people haven't received tickets yet and there will be those who still have to collect them. It will be interesting to see how they cope tonight.

The e club do need to improve their IT system though...even those who managed to book on line didn't get emails or reference numbers. They were unsure whether ordered tickets or not. Glitches all over the place. These faults then put added pressure on the phones and staff at the shop.

Anyway those of you who have tickets enjoy the game, enjoy Cov being back in Cov. Well done to all those fans who persistently protested, in which ever form you chose. It all helped bring the Sky Blues home in my opinion. Enjoy the day!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Well I didn't manage to get a ticket, couldn't get to the shop due to work and the on line system didn't do it for me using a computer and an ipad. However I know people who managed to order on line.

its not the first time I've missed out on a big occasion and won't be the last. I'm just glad it has sold out the team and SP deserve it. Hopefully also proves a point to SISU, up to them to keep the fans now. At least it is on TV so I can watch at home and the season is young so plenty more games to come.

i would imagine a lot of people haven't received tickets yet and there will be those who still have to collect them. It will be interesting to see how they cope tonight.

the club do need to improve their IT system though...even those who managed to book on line didn't get emails or reference. Numbers, were unsure whether ordered tickets or not. Glitches all over the place. These faults then put added pressure on the phones and staff at the shop.

Anyway those of you who have tickets enjoy the game, enjoy Cov being back in Cov. Well done to all those fans who persistently protested, in which ever form you chose. It all helped bring the Sky Blues home in my opinion. Enjoy the day!

Have a look now!!!!!

ecky

Have given up will watch on sky sports 2
If I see empty seats and sections then I won't be happy!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wouldn't surprise me if they sold theses tickets in the shop from 5:30 last night.

I also recall yesterday a lot of people saying they were getting through for online sale when the club said it would be shop only yesterday so yea it wouldn't surprise me if they had been released before when they said they would.

skybluejelly

Wouldn't surprise me if they sold theses tickets in the shop from 5:30 last night.

I also recall yesterday a lot of people saying they were getting through for online sale when the club said it would be shop only yesterday so yea it wouldn't surprise me if they had been released before when they said they would.

please stop talking sensibly ...this does not help the conspiracy theories

The Lurker

Find out in 10hrs lol

letsallsingtogether

People keep going on about these 4000 season ticket holders seats.
Well I believe 3000 have renewed, would they not want there old seats most I know have.
Therefore it only leaves 1000 that were up for grabs, but as some season ticket holders like myself are waiting til next week to renew then some of those seats will also have been taken up, not really leaving them that many to sell.

As for the segregation that is a load of bollox had it been Millwall bringing a couple of thousand then yes the segregation may need reinforcing but Gills come on give us a break.

West Midlands police really exaggerate need to police properly and all would be OK.

Sky Blue Dal

Trying to buy the last set offtickets online but keep getting "Something gone wrong message" Anyone got an idea what I should do. Keep trying but Grrrrrr!! frustrating

AndreasB

Dont give up...join the queue and keep trying - loads of seats available - nearly all single seats but block 15 has loads...

Users who are viewing this thread