Now the transfer window is closed..... (1 Viewer)

mark82

Now the transfer window is closed there is no point in sacking Pressley. He needs at least a few games to see how things go with the new players brought in. Any new manager would not have chance to bring in his own players now.

So, for a few weeks at least, let's get behind the manager.

Hobo

Expect loads of flack.

He will be here at least until the end of the season, in my opinion.

covmark

Agree with the op, Pressley is obviously not going anywhere. Time to get behind him and get away from the drop zone. Hopefully his new signings will freshen up the side and if he can get in this midfielder, we can look at moving up the table.

mark82

Expect loads of flack.

He will be here at least until the end of the season, in my opinion.

I've been as critical of him as anyone the last few months. But, if you were going to sack him it would be before the window closed. To be fair, despite the result, the performance on Saturday was a big improvement.

covcity4life

agreed, give him till end of season now.

if we dont play this exciting attacking football and stay in relegation mix we can change manager at end of season and revamp squad as it has hardly any contracts anyway.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the team needs all the support we can give it. Right now we are in a relegation scrap and we need to help get them out of it.

I assume from the signings he has made that he intends to change our style again and go out all guns blazing (not saying that will happen just with a 30 man squad with 10 forwards you might expect that - have included the latest 4 as forwards)

Yes we needed pace - been obvious from pre season. But I cant help thinking the squad is still unbalanced. We have
4 keepers
4 sick notes (all defenders) Pugh Johnson Phillips Pennington
5 defenders Willis Webster Martin Haynes & Kelly-Evans
7 midfielders - still our weakest area of the team
10 forwards

Chez78

I don't think anyone is against him, I think personally he should of been sacked but they are the views I share here at the games he has my full support. I could be wrong but I've not heard people calling for his head at games, plenty of people questioning his decisions but definitely not shouting Pressley out and all that.

Samo

Now the transfer window is closed there is no point in sacking Pressley. He needs at least a few games to see how things go with the new players brought in. Any new manager would not have chance to bring in his own players now.

So, for a few weeks at least, let's get behind the manager.

Yep, agreed. No point right now, let him have a go with the newbies.

Users who are viewing this thread