NTFC fan view (1 Viewer)

NTFCamorgan

Speaking as a NTFC fan, I am worried about what we are going to get dragged into. Cardoza has never seemed dodgy before, but surely he must've known about SISU and the unpaid rent on the Ricoh. I feel that he has put NTFC's financial interests before both clubs' supporters views, with the hope of making some easy money. I feel sorry towards Coventry's fans as they have had no control over how the club has been run, or what direction it will go in. However I feel no sympathy towards the club in any way, especially after they tried to sue us. I know nearly all Coventry fans are against the groundshare, and many NTFC fans are also feeling the same way.I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but I can say that I want Cardoza to withdraw from this deal before we get dragged any deeper. I hope Coventry can find a ground for its fans, but I hope, for both our sakes, that it isn't Sixfields.

covhead1

Speaking as a NTFC fan, I am worried about what we are going to get dragged into. Cardoza has never seemed dodgy before, but surely he must've known about SISU and the unpaid rent on the Ricoh. I feel that he has put NTFC's financial interests before both clubs' supporters views, with the hope of making some easy money. I feel sorry towards Coventry's fans as they have had no control over how the club has been run, or what direction it will go in. However I feel no sympathy towards the club in any way, especially after they tried to sue us. I know nearly all Coventry fans are against the groundshare, and many NTFC fans are also feeling the same way.I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but I can say that I want Cardoza to withdraw from this deal before we get dragged any deeper. I hope Coventry can find a ground for its fans, but I hope, for both our sakes, that it isn't Sixfields.

respect ya bro for keepin ya shit real.

hill83

'We' 'The Club' haven't tried to sue you. I also hope it doesn't happen, for two main reasons.
1. I want us to play in our own city.
2. I'm sick of Northampton fans piping up.

swisstony

I think I speak for all sky blues fans that we pray there's no groundshare
With 3 weeks remaining I still feel confident that we will kick off at the ricoh.
I have no inside info just a gut feeling!!

The CableGuy

CCFC is a just-exploded nuke - one which your chairmen should have stayed well away from, not just for our sakes, but yours as well.

ACL threatening legal action against your club is just the initial blast of radiation reaching Sixfields. If I was NTFC, I'd get the heck away from the blast zone while there's still time.

RFC

The Ricoh rent at £1:28 million per annum has been unsustainable since we moved into the Ricoh and that became very clear early in 2005 when the then Chairman Geoffrey Robinson wrote to Coventry City Council asking for a reduction.

This request was ignored (TO BREAK EVEN WE NEEDED GATES IN EXCESS OF 22,000!), so Mr Robinson approached the Co-op Bank to borrow a further £1 million just to keep the Club playing there but as history shows the bank 'foreclosed on the debt' and it was the current owners who came in at the 11th & the 11th minute to 'rescue our Club'.

The rent issue isn't new and was probably signed 'under duress' way back in 2003, ie. "take it or leave it", so lots of people involved here have made many, many mistakes.

Including Bryan Richardson, Mr McGinitty & Mr Robertson before SISU were even on the scene and they've only really compounded the mistakes IMHO!

But of course, I may be wrong?

Sisued

Sisu won't pay your bills. Whatever company we are trading under will be kept teetering on the brink of bankruptcy so it can be dropped into administration the moment it benefits sisu. Any deal you do with us will cost you money or worse. Get out while you can

jimmyhill

The Ricoh rent at £1:28 million per annum has been unsustainable since we moved into the Ricoh and that became very clear early in 2005 when the then Chairman Geoffrey Robinson wrote to Coventry City Council asking for a reduction.

This request was ignored (TO BREAK EVEN WE NEEDED GATES IN EXCESS OF 22,000!), so Mr Robinson approached the Co-op Bank to borrow a further £1 million just to keep the Club playing there but as history shows the bank 'foreclosed on the debt' and it was the current owners who came in at the 11th & the 11th minute to 'rescue our Club'.

The rent issue isn't new and was probably signed 'under duress' way back in 2003, ie. "take it or leave it", so lots of people involved here have made many, many mistakes.

Including Bryan Richardson, Mr McGinitty & Mr Robertson before SISU were even on the scene and they've only really compounded the mistakes IMHO!

The last sentence sums you up nicely, the rest is superfluous.

chiefdave

there's this thing you may have heard of called due diligence. if the rent was an issue it should have been an issue on day 1 not years later. If Robinson was aware of it being an issue why were SISU not capable of spotting the problem when they took control? Do I think the £1.2m rent is too high? Yes I do but that's not where we're at, SISU were offered a reduction to £400K and walked away saying no and refusing to pay any rent to try to put ACL out of business, now they're moving to Northampton to try and put ACL out of business.

Sky Blue Pete

Thank you hope you avoid all the Sisu nonsense

chiefdave

Good to see another NTFC fan can see it's bad news getting involved with SISU. The best bet is for Cardoza to pull out of this deal ASAP. been telling every NTFC fan I can getting involved with SISU, no matter how much he thinks he has every possible eventuality covered, will be a decision he, and the NTFC fans, will live to regret. They are toxic and cause nothing but problems for anyone who gets involved with them.

J

Jack Griffin

As far as I'm aware that never happened and anyway the Council do not sent the rent, it would be ACL he'd have to negotiate with. Are you not simply making this story up, if you're not then you'll be able to quote an independent source.

Buster

A lot of what you say is bang on except for the club sueing NTFC bit. The people that are responsible for the Ricoh Arena are sueing you because sisu have walked out and done a deal with your boss. If you could put the word on your forums that between 75 and 90 percent of our supporters have said we don't want to share a ground , we already have a top of the range 32000 seater stadium here in Cov . I can only see masses of trouble kicking off and ordinary Northampton and Cov fans will get the blame . The real culprits will be in their private room slapping each other on the back saying ,job done . Don't allow it. Help us fight it !

RPHunt

The rent issue isn't new and was probably signed 'under duress' way back in 2003, ie. "take it or leave it" .....

So what should the council and the charity have said "OK we'll pay for your stadium to be finished even if we have to borrow the money to do so. Pay us what you can afford, the players wages are more important than the welfare of the ratepayers or the people the charity assist".

Sisued

So what should the council and the charity have said "OK we'll pay for your stadium to be finished even if we have to borrow the money to do so. Pay us what you can afford, the players wages are more important than the welfare of the ratepayers or the people the charity assist".
Ccfc were offered a tiered rent which took into account a prolonged stay in the lower divisions. The board at the time turned it down and chose the expensive option believing they would return quickly to the prem.http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/coventry-city-driven-from-their-home-explaining-the-sky-blues-grounds-for-dismay-8706664.html

Last edited:

Grendel

Well the club couldn't afford the rent. It bust one board and has pretty much bust another - how are the ratepayers affected at all by this?

The players wages are more important arent they? Most thought we should have brine the bank to sign mcgoldrick

I geniunely don't think any football fans other than ours would make a post like you have just done, I really don't.

dadgad

To all NTFC fans.
For both our sakes tell Sisu to do one.
They cannot be trusted.
We, sadly, have found to our cost.

NTFCamorgan

A lot of what you say is bang on except for the club sueing NTFC bit. The people that are responsible for the Ricoh Arena are sueing you because sisu have walked out and done a deal with your boss. If you could put the word on your forums that between 75 and 90 percent of our supporters have said we don't want to share a ground , we already have a top of the range 32000 seater stadium here in Cov . I can only see masses of trouble kicking off and ordinary Northampton and Cov fans will get the blame . The real culprits will be in their private room slapping each other on the back saying ,job done . Don't allow it. Help us fight it !

Yes sorry about that, not really sure who is suing us

Yep your very wrong

RFC

Not only do I find some of the comments posted 'offensive' but also TOTALLY untrue.

Please take note of my opinion, NO-ONE can come out of this debacle with ANY CREDIT.

However who are the real 'protagonists' here, SISU, COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL, ACL or THE 'HIGG'S TRUST????

Far more questions need to be asked of CCC, ACL & the HIGG'S TRUST - IMHO

quinn1971

Still can't see the groundshare happening.it can't happen until we come out of administration, seeing as that will be well into the season we will either be at the ricoh or we won't be playing anywhere....should be some interesting news on monday

Sba180

But SISU aren't paying the rent, not done so for x amount of months. They even knocked back ACLs agreement (didn't they?) when the two parties reached an agreement. I think this NTFC fan has every right to be worried

torchomatic

We haven't threatened to sue you. ACL have.

DaleM

Well the club couldn't afford the rent. It bust one board and has pretty much bust another - how are the ratepayers affected at all by this?

The players wages are more important arent they? Most thought we should have brine the bank to sign mcgoldrick

I geniunely don't think any football fans other than ours would make a post like you have just done, I really don't.

For someone on nearly 10000 posts about CCFC . Please explain to me , in sensible terms , how it has been decided that the rent is to blame for all of this fucked up situation when 5 years worth of rent is less than 10% of CCFCs total debt. I think it is all a smokescreen like the couple of hundred grand from beer and pies that is so important. You never answered me the other week when I did a rough calculation of the differences between 10k at the Ricoh or 3 to 5 k somewhere else . Remember this time last year we were "debt free"

simple_simon

I joined one of your fans forums to try and warn Cobbler fans of the mess you will be in with dealing with these people and although some asked questions others shouted me own. If SISU are still at your ground in 6 months I will take bets you will be in trouble, your Chairman sounds like a fan and a decent bloke but he has been taken in by Fisher and that's the start of your own plight.

ccfchandsy

Sorry if I'm wrong but are you Tim fisher as you sound like a complete prick loving SISU lover rfc

Last edited:

NTFC

Unfortunately it's difficult for us to tell Cardoza what to do. He seems to have agreed money up front from SISU with various get out clauses should they not play ball. It also seems that the threat of legal action from ACL won't hold water.

A lot of us are on your side but as I've said elsewhere we aren't going to join in with you hanging around Sixfields and potentially bringing trouble to our door.

RogerH

This seems like something that would not go further, but is a shot across the bows in advance of ACL's meeting with the FL on Monday. I think Cardoza saw a good opportunity for NTFC but maybe didn't do his homework well enough believing everything Fisher told him. Many CCFC fans E Mailed him to warn him not to do business with SISU.
It would not surprise me that if the FL stonewall at Monday's meeting that legal action against them followed.
This whole business is getting messier by the day, and is a long way from being resolved.

Steve.B50

Not only do I find some of the comments posted 'offensive' but also TOTALLY untrue.

Please take note of my opinion, NO-ONE can come out of this debacle with ANY CREDIT.

However who are the real 'protagonists' here, SISU, COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL, ACL or THE 'HIGG'S TRUST????

Far more questions need to be asked of CCC, ACL & the HIGG'S TRUST - IMHO

Agreed RFC
However, only one one of that list has is taking us out of Coventry. if they took up one of the options offered and played at Ricoh then the pedulum would swing and questions to the other parties would be top of the list.
We can work out most of these groups plans for the future but none of us have any idea what SISU are up to in all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread